Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Those of you who haven't me on ignore (all two of you and one of them is DB who has to mod my posts so the forum doesn't get litigated off the face of the earth) will know that the '89 away is the holy grail of jerseys for me.

The prices on eBay are extortionate, you could be looking at £250+ for a decent quality one and even at that you're buying a 30 year old second hand jersey which is always going to show it's age.

The knock off sites have started doing retro shirts over the last few years and I've seen all sorts on there - the green away umbro, the nike redcurrant kit, - the Overmars '98 Old Trafford away, blue lightning bolt etc. etc. but not many adidas shirts on there and never an '89 which is incredible given the demand for them.

So when adidas became our kit manufacturer I knew they would start releasing reissues and expected the '89 shirt to be top of the list but alas not, so far all we've gotten is the bruised banana and the '91 home shirt.

The best the club have come up with is -

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Mens/ ... rt/p/A9878

but it's a pretty grim effort without the adidas logo or 3 stripes on the sleeve.

But BUT the '89 shirt (just as the bruised banana did before it was officially released by adidas) has now started to appear on the knock off sites and 46 days ago mine it's way from it's Chinese sweat shop and was delivered this morning.

3 stripe life....... I just fucking exploded in my undies :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I would imagine we won’t have to wait too long for the official release now that the fakes are being churned out but this will do nicely in the meantime.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:02 am

I would imagine we won’t have to wait too long for the official release now that the fakes are being churned out but this will do nicely in the meantime.
A proper canon, facing the correct way AND with the 3 cannonballs below the barrel. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 pm
rodders999 wrote:

A proper canon, facing the correct way AND with the 3 cannonballs below the barrel. :barscarf:
Still have my original one, that I wore to Anfield that night - although the JVC has turned a purple colour and I have got about 8 / 9 signatures on it from the squad, including George - will happily be buried in it, if it still fits me when the time comes. :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Still have my original one, that I wore to Anfield that night - although the JVC has turned a purple colour and I have got about 8 / 9 signatures on it from the squad, including George - will happily be buried in it, if it still fits me when the time comes. :barscarf:
I've never been one for wearing kits but I do still have my match ticket and coach ticket from that night. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

I still have my original one but that looks like a damn good copy rodders. 8)

Post the link to the seller. I'd buy that to wear to the gym (the only place I don't feel like a twat wearing a replica jersey).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:17 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Post the link to the seller. I'd buy that to wear to the gym (the only place I don't feel like a twat wearing a replica jersey).

:shock:

What?? You mean your good wife doesn't let you wear one in bed??? !!! :D :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:17 pm
rodders999 wrote:

:shock:

What?? You mean your good wife doesn't let you wear one in bed??? !!! :D :wink: :wink:
Not after she heard the story about me knocking off a scruffer after the 94 cup winners cup final..... made the scruffer wear my Arsenal jersey.... I was very drunk. And stoned. :lol: :oops:

Should clarify that was years before I met my wife! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sounds like you conducted yourself Like a True Gooner and Gentlman mate! :D :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:59 am
Those of you who haven't me on ignore (all two of you and one of them is DB who has to mod my posts so the forum doesn't get litigated off the face of the earth)
:lol:

And we've had a few close calls old friend. The live streaming you did whilst spanking the monkey in Our Nat's driveway brings back fond memories. :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:40 pm
StuartL wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I've never been one for wearing kits but I do still have my match ticket and coach ticket from that night. :D
Me too.....coach 15 for me, first coach back to Highbury afterwards :barscarf: :barscarf: , row 2 of the seats, to the left of the goal close to the terrace section we had that night. Shame the match ticket was for the original date - 22nd April, I think from memory.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:40 pm
StuartL wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Me too.....coach 15 for me, first coach back to Highbury afterwards :barscarf: :barscarf: , row 2 of the seats, to the left of the goal close to the terrace section we had that night. Shame the match ticket was for the original date - 22nd April, I think from memory.
Both of you were there huh? :rubchin:

That's 87,002 Gooners that were in Anfield that night.

:D :wink: :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Oh I was there mate don't you worry (Some that say it actually were :wink: ). Me and Dad in the seats at the Anfield Road end, right behind the goal.

Caught up in the traffic jam on the Aston Expressway on the coach ride up, fretting if we'd make the kick off. No Internet in those days, no mobile phones, just the radio to listen to and hoping the kick off was delayed.

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:47 am
Oh I was there mate don't you worry (Some that say it actually were :wink: ). Me and Dad in the seats at the Anfield Road end, right behind the goal.

Caught up in the traffic jam on the Aston Expressway on the coach ride up, fretting if we'd make the kick off. No Internet in those days, no mobile phones, just the radio to listen to and hoping the kick off was delayed.

:D
Don't worry I believe you. :wink:

I'm just jealous as I had tickets organised through a mouser* supporting mate and he let me down, so I ended up watching it with a Gooner mate surrounded by a mouser* stag party in a pub in Dublin. The banter! :lol:

I was never the same afterwards with the mate that let me down for those tickets btw. :x :lol: