Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by Kingralph »

[/quote]

I think that they look savage, but at same time I dont know how they will look on a 52 year old (slightly :wink:) overweight man - the wife and my 16 year old son think they are shocking :roll:

[/quote]

Well they look pretty good on Wrighty in the publicity shots. In fairness, not quite so good on Charlie George!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:17 am

Well they look pretty good on Wrighty in the publicity shots. In fairness, not quite so good on Charlie George!

They wouldn't have looked good on Charlie George in 1971 tbf. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:47 am
Oh I was there mate don't you worry (Some that say it actually were :wink: ). Me and Dad in the seats at the Anfield Road end, right behind the goal.

Caught up in the traffic jam on the Aston Expressway on the coach ride up, fretting if we'd make the kick off. No Internet in those days, no mobile phones, just the radio to listen to and hoping the kick off was delayed.

:D
Don't worry I believe you. :wink:

I'm just jealous as I had tickets organised through a mouser* supporting mate and he let me down, so I ended up watching it with a Gooner mate surrounded by a mouser* stag party in a pub in Dublin. The banter! :lol:

I was never the same afterwards with the mate that let me down for those tickets btw. :x :lol:
Our seats were right on the aisle just below the exit which was manned by a steward. All game long we were subjected to his cheeky scouse wit and banter about coming so close etc :roll:

The cùnt was nowhere to be seen at full time. Tosser! :lol:
He probably had to leave to go to his other job... Robbing Houses.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Shit I had those at the checkout on Thursday and then thought nah fuck that I don’t need another pair of shoes.

Now I see that they’re limited edition with only 1971 pairs being made and they’re already being resold for a nice little profit.

Would have been a nice little investment if ya kept em in the box for a few years before offloading them.

I would worn mine all the same.

No hope of getting them in the morning now they’ve been flagged as going on sale, Thursday they just appeared on the website with no warning so the resellers wouldn’t snap them all up and bang em up on eBay for 400 quid.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:37 pm
Shit I had those at the checkout on Thursday and then thought nah fuck that I don’t need another pair of shoes.

Now I see that they’re limited edition with only 1971 pairs being made and they’re already being resold for a nice little profit.

Would have been a nice little investment if ya kept em in the box for a few years before offloading them.

No hope of getting them in the morning now they’ve been flagged as going on sale, Thursday they just appeared on the website with no warning so the resellers wouldn’t snap them all up and bang em up on eBay for 400 quid.
I’m hoping beyond hope to pick up two pairs, one to keep and one to sell on eBay! 😉

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If you want a pair for sure your best bet is to go to the Adidas Originals shop just off Carnaby Street. When they released the Bruised Banana range they had racks and racks of it. Sold out that day though.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:59 pm
If you want a pair for sure your best bet is to go to the Adidas Originals shop just off Carnaby Street. When they released the Bruised Banana range they had racks and racks of it. Sold out that day though.
It’s a shame I don’t live in London, or I would’ve done that

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:02 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I’m hoping beyond hope to pick up two pairs, one to keep and one to sell on eBay! 😉
Yeah I realise the irony of my post :wink:

Buyers remorse is meant to be for after you buy something not before but I have it over those bad boys :cry:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:16 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:02 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Yeah I realise the irony of my post :wink:

Buyers remorse is meant to be for after you buy something not before but I have it over those bad boys :cry:
I went on the app the very second they went on sale at 9am but they were already sold out in every size. Must be a few adidas employees looking to make a few quid on eBay today! :evil:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Home shirt now on sale, not that I’ll be buying one.

Can’t say I like it very much, that collar is really bad, but I’m sure they’ll sell plenty!

ESR still listed as 32 on the print a players name on the shirt thingy they do though….

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:54 am
Home shirt now on sale, not that I’ll be buying one.

Can’t say I like it very much, that collar is really bad, but I’m sure they’ll sell plenty!

ESR still listed as 32 on the print a players name on the shirt thingy they do though….
Stop ffs mate - you'll have a couple of ITK's on here telling us that means we are secretly selling him to villa! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That new home jersey is a bit shit. Don't like the collar or the three half stripes on the shoulder. This one's a fail from Adidas. :| 👎

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I like the fact that it's simple, no fucking about with different shades of red or adding silly patterns but really, it's all a bit everything and nothing and we might as well be running around in a red Emirates Airlines t-shirt.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

That new top is fucking awful.

Saw Gabi with it on his Instagram account.

Brazil were 2-1 down the other night, Gabi came on and got a goal and two assists

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am
That new home jersey is a bit shit. Don't like the collar or the three half stripes on the shoulder. This one's a fail from Adidas. :| 👎
Agreed - just seen it. Why fuck up something beautiful with three navy blue stripes on the shoulder????

Adidas have done a great job replacing the shit that Puma produced, but this is their worst so far