Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:00 pm
Can anyone remember back a few years ago (25-30 years ago :oops: ) we played in a once off navy shirt and yellow sleeves ? I cant remember what season it was cos am looking for a pic of it
This is a great site for showing all our kits and even if we mixed/matched for a one off game it documents it, not sure the kit you're on about features though?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal ... -kits.html

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:20 pm
augie wrote:
Can anyone remember back a few years ago (25-30 years ago :oops: ) we played in a once off navy shirt and yellow sleeves ? I cant remember what season it was cos am looking for a pic of it
This is a great site for showing all our kits and even if we mixed/matched for a one off game it documents it, not sure the kit you're on about features though?

It's not there rodders I'm afraid - I THINK that it happened in the late 90s that it was necessary to create this one off kit, but can remember who it was against :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:34 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

It's not there rodders I'm afraid - I THINK that it happened in the late 90s that it was necessary to create this one off kit, but can remember who it was against :rubchin:
Thought it may have been that one off shirt against Lens in 88-89 but it doesn't have yellow sleeves.

You sure you're not tripping again? I'd have faith in that site to have every kit we ever wore even if it was just on match. Was it the JVC days can you remember?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:34 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

That rings a bell but cannot find it anywhere and fucked if I can remember it clearly. Fucking wish now I didn't drink so much back then. :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
In one of the CL games at Wembley in the late 90s we played a french team (Lens?) who wore red and yellow kit so we wore white shorts, white socks and a navy blue shirt. The club said the shirt wouldn’t be on sale as it was a one-off. Think we lost 1-0.

Are you maybe thinking of that Augie? I know you said the sleeves were yellow but I can’t remember anything like that.

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:22 pm
augie wrote:
In one of the CL games at Wembley in the late 90s we played a french team (Lens?) who wore red and yellow kit so we wore white shorts, white socks and a navy blue shirt. The club said the shirt wouldn’t be on sale as it was a one-off. Think we lost 1-0.

Are you maybe thinking of that Augie? I know you said the sleeves were yellow but I can’t remember anything like that.

Something tell's me that it was an away game at roker park but I'm not sure

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Clash wrote:
augie wrote:

augie

Post by augie »

Not that kit for sure

Anyway it matters not - thanks for your efforts lads 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:45 am
Not that kit for sure

No no no that will not do. I NEED CLOSURE. Somebody find that fucking jersey puhleease! :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:38 am
Clash wrote:
augie wrote:

Thanks for posting that mate. Looks pretty good that kit I think, with the proper old crest and the JVC. Pity Dennis Bergkamp didn’t play in it as he elevates a kit to a higher status in a way that Martin Keown doesn’t quite manage :)

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:27 am
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:45 am
Not that kit for sure

No no no that will not do. I NEED CLOSURE. Somebody find that fucking jersey puhleease! :lol:
Haha I was thinking exactly that.

And now that Augie mentioned Sunderland away I do have something very minor recollection of this pulsating gently at the bottom of my brain :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Are you sure you're not thinking of a time where we would have worn the yellow away shirt with the home white shorts and home red socks? That would have happened on occasion.

We need to get to the bottom of this shit :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:44 am
Are you sure you're not thinking of a time where we would have worn the yellow away shirt with the home white shorts and home red socks? That would have happened on occasion.

Yeah we’ve definitely worn white shorts and yellow shirts at place like Southampton and Sheffield United in the past. I remember a 4-0 win at The Dell in 1986 where Southampton had to put an outfield player in goal. Great days :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk ... rt-history

This doesn’t solve the mystery but a pretty interesting article showing the blue kit mentioned above and I think it is also the kit I was thinking of. A one-off yellow kit used in the mid 90s where our official blue kit could not be used because it clashed with the referee :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:57 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:44 am

Yeah we’ve definitely worn white shorts and yellow shirts at place like Southampton and Sheffield United in the past. I remember a 4-0 win at The Dell in 1986 where Southampton had to put an outfield player in goal. Great days :barscarf:

Wrighty's first hat-trick came in the dell in his second game where we wore the bruised banana kit with yellow shorts - happier days :cry: