Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:52 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:08 am
A sportswear company masquerading as a football club 8)

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Footb ... /third-kit
That link opens on a page with Boomerang and some bird modelling the third kit. Who is the bird? His missus or a model or something? Do we sell that many kits to women they need to see it modelled? And seriously if it's his missus you'd think he'd be punching a bit further above his weight being a rich famous foobler wouldn't you?
The ‘bird’ is Leah Williamson, the arsenal ladies and Eng-er-land centre half, and I’d gladly smash her anytime!

That said Auba’s missus isn’t great. :lol:
OK calm the fuck down, Germaine. :box:

:wink:

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:15 pm
Kingralph wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

That link opens on a page with Boomerang and some bird modelling the third kit. Who is the bird? His missus or a model or something? Do we sell that many kits to women they need to see it modelled? And seriously if it's his missus you'd think he'd be punching a bit further above his weight being a rich famous foobler wouldn't you?
The ‘bird’ is Leah Williamson, the arsenal ladies and Eng-er-land centre half, and I’d gladly smash her anytime!

:lol:
I reckon the second part of that sentence kinda cancelled out any feminist ideals of highlighting the use of the term ‘bird’

wibble

Post by wibble »

Also £100 for the 3rd kit shirt. Fuck me!*

*offer only applicable if turned down by Leah Williamson :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Kingralph wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I reckon the second part of that sentence kinda cancelled out any feminist ideals of highlighting the use of the term ‘bird’
Fer fucks sake Wibble mate get with the program - We no longer use the term 'Birds' :roll:

We now say

"Bints"

:D

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:51 pm
wibble wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Kingralph wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fer fucks sake Wibble mate get with the program - We no longer use the term 'Birds' :roll:

We now say

"Bints"

"Tarts" never goes out of vogue. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:high5:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Adidas will release a collection for Arsenal, including a jersey, in ‘noble maroon’ & ‘metallic gold’, reminiscent of the 2005/06 home kit, set for launch in November or December. The collection explores ‘what could have been’ had Adidas supplied #afc in 2006. [@Footy_Headlines] https://t.co/UqRQeKkAy9

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:19 pm
Adidas will release a collection for Arsenal, including a jersey, in ‘noble maroon’ & ‘metallic gold’, reminiscent of the 2005/06 home kit, set for launch in November or December. The collection explores ‘what could have been’ had Adidas supplied #afc in 2006. [@Footy_Headlines] https://t.co/UqRQeKkAy9
More kits than wins since the start of pre-season.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The thing that struck me about the game on Sunday was the proportion of the crowd wearing replica shirts. Most of them were grown men and women and most of the shirts were this season’s new releases. I also followed in and out of the ground untold fans with a big Armoury carrier bag stuffed to the rafters with merchandise.

The old school have gone and been replaced with the kind of fan that is happy to drop £200 in the club shop and not be too upset at a side that is now mid-table (at best).

Sad times. :(

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:36 pm
The thing that struck me about the game on Sunday was the proportion of the crowd wearing replica shirts. Most of them were grown men and women and most of the shirts were this season’s new releases. I also followed in and out of the ground untold fans with a big Armoury carrier bag stuffed to the rafters with merchandise.

The old school have gone and been replaced with the kind of fan that is happy to drop £200 in the club shop and not be too upset at a side that is now mid-table (at best).

Sad times. :(
But that is precisely what the move to the Emirates was in aid of - they don’t want “old school” who sing, shout and don’t buy tat, they specifically wanted and have now got

They should have been careful what they wished for …….

Our kit launch is met with mass hysteria regardless of the quality of the players actually going to be wearing the shirt.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

I clicked on that link and the real amusing part of that link is where you scroll lower down the page and the official club twitter account shows the ladies team scoring a well worked goal with the caption "scoring the arsenal way" :lol: :lol: :lol: The arsenal way ?? Wtf is that now ?? Under this clown our way is slow pedantic football going nowhere fast, and then we wonder how our goals for tally continues to be low :roll:

Again showing my age here, but this "arsenal way" bollox really pisses me off - anyone older than 25 would recognise that traditionally "the arsenal way" was about resilience and sometimes boring football, but of course our club was only created when the senile old cock became our manager, and everything before that is wiped from memory :evil: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:51 pm
wibble wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Kingralph wrote:

We now say

"Bints"

"Tarts" never goes out of vogue. :barscarf:
Was always fond of the term "bippy" myself. 8)

As in: "ooh look at the tits on that young bippy over there!" :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
The collection explores 'how much money can we con out of these fucking imbecilic modern fans'. :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:59 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
The collection explores 'how much money can we con out of these fucking imbecilic modern fans'. :roll:
I’ll buy 2! :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:59 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
I’ll buy 2! :barscarf: :lol: