United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

Post by Theoperator »

There has not been any mention of tiredness this season, I presume Dick managed to Nurse his Sevilla team on Thursday and weekend games to win their Europa Cups, The handbrake mentality is gone. Surely 3 days is enough to recover :?

I would play HM, rather like Welbz he has a point to proove and is likely to do more than he has so far. Just hope Torreiro does the Foul anus a proper one. What nimble footed skill he brings to Manure :censored:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

if we play HM and he plays shit, we would have to hook him at half time again. one thing about welbeck I think he always ran his bollox off, he always looked fired up to me, just lacks some skills to be a top striker, but he is a true pro IMO.

Maybe worth a punt, but so far he has not made an impact worthy of a starting role, he had a good game vs west ham. it's the only one I can remember him being stand out good in.

if he was a youth a player i think we would be talking about loaning him out :x

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I dont understand it, HM had a great dynamic with PEA at Dortmond, Is HM not there yet -does he need more game time in the PL or is he a has been ?

augie

Post by augie »

Theoperator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:39 pm
There has not been any mention of tiredness this season, I presume Dick managed to Nurse his Sevilla team on Thursday and weekend games to win their Europa Cups, The handbrake mentality is gone. Surely 3 days is enough to recover :?

I would play HM, rather like Welbz he has a point to proove and is likely to do more than he has so far. Just hope Torreiro does the Foul anus a proper one. What nimble footed skill he brings to Manure :censored:

I'll be honest and say that, if I had my way, mikki would only be wheeled out for those meaningless europa league and caraboa cup games - he doesnt work hard enough, he isnt good enough, and more importantly I couldnt trust him enough to play in any meaningful game.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

As pony as they are,they have had something over us for a while now,I see a Fellaini header in the last 5 minutes doing us,hopefully I'm wrong and we play like sunday and win,just don't feel confident,you just know Rashford and the rest will raise their games against us,although they've been bang average all season.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I always fancied us against the victims and the scum, but much more worried about this one, despite them not playing well, I fear a comfortable home win , with our defence finally being made to pay for gifting too many chances 3-1 :cry:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

I get the feeling a lot of their players desperately want rid of the miserable fucker! Especially after the latest slagging of Pogba. They’re certainly not playing for him. And with their injuries at the back, this could be special! Will take a lot to outdo Sunday’s feeling, (which really brought back a love of the team) but a nice 2 or 3 nil would come close. I get nearly as much joy beating this lot as with the Spuds. Got to build on Sunday! COYG!!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

I hope we fucking batter them!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Bournemouth about to go above them after 15 games :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they 8 points behind us/top four and 20 points behind Man Citeh already with a -1 goal diff

We want you to stay :barscarf: We want you to stay :barscarf: j o s e m o a n i n h i o...W e w an t y o u t o s t a y :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

For the first time in a long time we are going to Old Shatford knowing we can win this, i'm not saying we will, just that we can and that is such a nice feeling.

If our attack is on form we can win this even if our defence isn't so good, and thats the crux of the matter our attack has to be better than our defence :rubchin:

0-2 Away win :barscarf: :barscarf:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this match won't be easy at all.

Mourinho for all his faults, hates our lot.

I still get nightmares about the 8-2 drubbing under the old gaffer.

We just don't perform there, but this is a different Arsenal side with a better manager in every facet so I'm hopeful we will get the win.

Come on you fucking gunners.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 am
Want to see Lacazette and Ramsey both start.

Iwobi is absolute shite same with Mkhitayran.
Add Ozil to that list & I'm happy.
Every time I see The name Rashford it reminds me of my favorite from decades ago - Big John. He would be a handful !!. :blah: :blah:
Stop dreaming of the old days you old prick & make a prediction on the result - OK. 1-1. :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Ray C wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:52 am
JimmyAFC wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 am
Want to see Lacazette and Ramsey both start.

Iwobi is absolute shite same with Mkhitayran.
Add Ozil to that list & I'm happy.
Every time I see The name Rashford it reminds me of my favorite from decades ago - Big John. He would be a handful !!. :blah: :blah:
Stop dreaming of the old days you old prick & make a prediction on the result - OK. 1-1. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I'd love us to help put another nail in Mourinho's coffin by stuffing them but i'm going for the draw.

Yeah big John Radford was a real old fashioned centre forward. Still remember his 4 min hat-trick at home to Bolton!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Twice in living memory this mob have ended one of our long unbeaten runs at their ground. Obviously the 49 game everyone knows about but there was also our club record run (at the time) back in 1986-87, when we lost 2-0 and Rocky was sent off.

Hopefully they wont make it a hat-trick. I would settle for a draw but a win there would be a fantastic way to follow up what happened on Sunday. And although Man Utd are shit, winning there which we hardly ever do, would send out another message that we're on our way back!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

last thing you want after that virtuoso performance on sunday is to come here and surrender like so many times in the past

cautiously optimistic, lets just hope we show the fight and spirit that we did against the scum :barscarf: