United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

Post by clockender1 »

They look dodgy. We might be a bit leggy late on.

2-0 to us. Laca & Kola.

& Maureen to get the tin tack. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

2-0 to us. Laca & Kola.

We are long overdue a win up there ( Welbecks cup winner aside)
Even when they put out a dogshit defence a couple of years ago and Moyes was manager we threw it away.

A win up there and all is rosey in Dick’s garden :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

We have to beat them, we have to.

I'm sure Dick is thinking that two wins in three days sets down a gauntlet and that we can pass the chavs if we win this one.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Need to attack and press from the off again.

I know we keep saying it but it feels so good to be looking forward to the next match and making plans to watch it :barscarf:

Only problem with having our Arsenal back is I'm gutted I'll be working overtime next Saturday, was hoping to get to the game

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Pressure off for this one with today’s result. Obviously as much as the pressure is ever off for a big game.

Interested to see how we set up for this one in terms of tactics and mentality. We were fantastic against Liverpool and spurs in my view, but equally are we going to play at a million miles an hour from the first whistle at Old Trafford? Let’s see.

We are definitely due one up there.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Probably a draw. I reckon they'll get a dodgy late equaliser.

Post by 1989 »

After dropping points against the likes of Palace and Wolves, we need a win here. Can't afford to drop too many points against the midtable sides.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

After thumping the spuds, it difficult not to get ahead of ourselves.

With no wenger, mourinho doesn't have anyone to antagonise or get his players wound up about. A great opportunity to claim a rare win at OT.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

2-0 to us. Laca & Kola.

Um.... who is "Kola"?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 am
After dropping points against the likes of Palace and Wolves, we need a win here. Can't afford to drop too many points against the midtable sides.
:lol: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Have a feeling we might get a 0-2 away win here. They are a mess and we must be pumped up after yesterday. 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

My biggest concern is that we’ll be knackered from yesterday’s efforts. I just hope he doesn’t rotate too much, but I fear he will. Utd like ending our ‘unbeaten’ records!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

This may be a case of after the Lord Mayor's show. Hopefully though it will be the momentum of yesterday carring us through. It is a big ask to go to Old Trafford and reproduce the intensity of yesterday. Guendouzi will surely start ahead of suspended Xhaka and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey start ahead of Mikatharian. Too many passive defeats up there in the last ten years...Time to change that..

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

What flavour Pizzas has Dick ordered for the match- we have a right to know :?

Im going 1-3 or even 4- they are seriously toilet and need ramming one. 2-8 would be wonderful

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 am
This may be a case of after the Lord Mayor's show. Hopefully though it will be the momentum of yesterday carring us through. It is a big ask to go to Old Trafford and reproduce the intensity of yesterday. Guendouzi will surely start ahead of suspended Xhaka and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey start ahead of Mikatharian. Too many passive defeats up there in the last ten years...Time to change that..
Agree with all of that.

We have been tepid away at OT in almost all of our games since our last league win.

The crowd for them will be interesting because many want Mourinho gone and though we have not set the world alight with our first half performances this is a Utd team that I can say I have never seen a team move the ball more slowly,Young is suspended for them and he always seems to have a good game against us their defense is as ropey as ours.

Ramsey over HM agree in a game like this he hasn't warranted his place and however average they are it's still a place you can't afford players to go missing.