BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:37 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:28 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Why thank you sir 8) im sure SteveO will also have some Barry White on and the candles lit too :D
Wankfest 2019 is a go! :lol:
Are Olympiakos still in the hat? :rubchin: :D
Hope so! Rodders will struggle to shoot his muck if not! :lol:
Olympiakos play Dynamo Kiev on Thursday 8)
Come on the Greek Bolton! :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck just realised Thursday is Valentine’s Day :banghead: , that’s going to be an interesting conversation with her indoors.

Cancel that table for two, we’re going watching the stiffs huff and puff against some pubbers from the arsehole of Belerus instead :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

At least it's an early kick off so should be over in time to get to your restaurant if you book the table for 8 .15

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:51 am
Fuck just realised Thursday is Valentine’s Day :banghead: , that’s going to be an interesting conversation with her indoors.

Cancel that table for two, we’re going watching the stiffs huff and puff against some pubbers from the arsehole of Belerus instead :lol:
Top Tip:

Cushion the blow and make her feel like a real woman by insisting she serve your dinner to you in front of the TV so as not to interrupt your enjoyment of the match. 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Hopefully, having a someone who knows how to win this competition with an above average team, will help. See if Cech and Ramsey can deliver us a last big hurrah before they leave.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 am
Hopefully, having a someone who knows how to win this competition with an above average team, will help. See if Cech and Ramsey can deliver us a last big hurrah before they leave.
I really would prefer if Dick benched Kryten Features and if we reach the final he play Leno. Kryten is the past, why should we give him yet another nice leaving present on top of the millions he's pulled out of us for his retirement fund? Leno (it seems anyway) is the future. Would be better (if we win it) that he plays.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:20 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 am
I really would prefer if Dick benched Kryten Features and if we reach the final he play Leno. Kryten is the past, why should we give him yet another nice leaving present on top of the millions he's pulled out of us for his retirement fund? Leno (it seems anyway) is the future. Would be better (if we win it) that he plays.
Totally agree mate.I wouldn't let that useless fanny play another game for us..play him and there's a fair chance we will go out.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Cech is at least as big a liability now as any other clown we’ve had between the sticks. Every time he plays he seems to cost us. He is a disaster with ball at feet, he is a flapper with zero command of his area, our already-fragile defence is terrified playing in front of him, he goes down to save shots like a falling oak, he’s scared to stick his head in and he is slow as fuck.

Leno is a decent keeper who commands his area and is better than anybody else around with ball at feet. Not troubling the Golden Glove any time soon but consistent.

Why the fuck would anybody want to see him play or think that he is capable of delivering anything other than a complete fucking calamity?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:22 am
Cech is at least as big a liability now as any other clown we’ve had between the sticks. Every time he plays he seems to cost us. He is a disaster with ball at feet, he is a flapper with zero command of his area, our already-fragile defence is terrified playing in front of him, he goes down to save shots like a falling oak, he’s scared to stick his head in and he is slow as fuck.

Leno is a decent keeper who commands his area and is better than anybody else around with ball at feet. Not troubling the Golden Glove any time soon but consistent.

Why the fuck would anybody want to see him play or think that he is capable of delivering anything other than a complete fucking calamity?
I concur wholeheartedly NB. Cech is well past it and has been since he joined us.If emery plays him in Europe which is our last chance of silverware and a route to the be all and end all I for one will be asking questions.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I will be seriously pissed off if Cech starts this. You can't on the one hand say qualifying for the CL is crucial for the club in order to have more cash to spend in the Summer to rebuild the squad and then turn around and play the chav turd in goal in the competition that gives you the best chance of achieving that target.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Cech commands his salary well doesn't that count ,???
I was against him from the very beginning but got slated on here for it as many were fans of his .
For me10 million plus the salary didn't make sense but very Wenger like !
However ,Bate are shit ,he will play him and it's not a bad idea to give some practice because Leno is also shit and might get injured so its good to get some match practice in .
Call me an old softie but I might take the missus out for a meal in the pub that might show the game instead of falling asleep watching it indoors !
Eating in Pubs however is now as expensive as eating in fine dining places in Islington or Hampstead where I now live ,Londons Pub prices are firkin ridiculous ,Over a fiver for a pint in most places ,Bought 3 pints of lager and Orange juice and 2 packets of crisps in a Kentish Town boozer the Grafton the other day and it cost me over 20 quid !

Herd

Post by Herd »

I was against him from the very beginning but got slated on here for it as many were fans of his .
However ,Bate are shit ,he will play him and it's not a bad idea to give some practice because Leno is also shit and might get injured so its good to get some match practice in .
Call me an old softie but I might take the missus out for a meal in the pub that might show the game instead of falling asleep watching it indoors !
Eating in Pubs however is now as expensive as eating in fine dining places in Islington or Hampstead where I now live ,Londons Pub prices are firkin ridiculous ,Over a fiver for a pint in most places ,Bought 3 pints of lager and Orange juice and 2 packets of crisps in a Kentish Town boozer the Grafton the other day and it cost me over 20 quid !

John F

Post by John F »

Herd wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 am
You can buy a house up here in East Yorkshire for that and have enough change for a meal out.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ozil and Ramsey not in the squad for this game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:24 pm
Ozil and Ramsey not in the squad for this game
I think Ozil is "sick" and the Welsh Messi-Lite is "injured"? :lol: