Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

Post by BFG4 »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:13 pm
Honestly, we are at a stage of the competition where first choice players are needed. This is not group stages where you qualify and throw a bunch players for the remaining fixtures. I'll really be surprised (and super pissed off) if Unai doesn't go all out in both legs.

Agreed with above, that useless American cünt isn't gonna give us any more money than an average player. Sometimes I wish we had the American lot in Manchester.. the Cardiff reject manager is getting a 200m cheque to splash this summer meanwhile we need to look for top flight rejects to play for us. Milan is getting 300m to spend from the Chinese. Monsour will give Pep north of 150. Loserpool are eyeing up some hefty priced players. Zidane getting 300m. Bayern are clearing out their squad.

Never seen an owner that does not spend or want the team to be successful. All the *word censored* cares about is his money and US clubs and his 500m stadium in which his shit team will play.
I remember when fans used to wheel out the line "we don't want to be Chelsea or City" because as a club we were somehow honourable by spending fuck all and achieving nothing :roll: While those two have owners that will do anything to get success, we have wiggy on his ranch, whose only concern is who the LA Rams get in the NFL draft and who isn't even aware of where we are in the league. The same people that see sugar daddy owners as evil, would be running to the Emirates to see us lift the league in the same circumstances.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:12 am
Apart from his persisting with the utter gash that is the bobbleheaded Comedy Fucking Two Arses, my main bone of contention with Dick (my Dick bone, if you will :wink: ) is this shit of rotating a cup keeper. It's fucking nonsense. On these light pitches in the modern game where no one can even touch a keeper there is literally no keeper on planet fucking Earth that needs to be rested or rotated. :roll:

So if it is sentimentality then it really is misplaced. Kryten Features is not some Arsenal Legend in the twilight of his career, not some great servant of the club that has earned the nod of a few swansong cup appearances, he's a fucking chav and when we finish overpaying him to fuck up simple shit he is walking out the door into a Job with the fucking chav ffs. :roll:

Leno should be starting EVERY game and this fucker should be on the bench at most and even then I'd have our current 3rd choice keeper in as the number 2 ahead of him.
Emery saying today...."We need to win against Napoli".....so why does he play Cech, don't get it?

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:12 am
Apart from his persisting with the utter gash that is the bobbleheaded Comedy Fucking Two Arses, my main bone of contention with Dick (my Dick bone, if you will :wink: ) is this shit of rotating a cup keeper. It's fucking nonsense. On these light pitches in the modern game where no one can even touch a keeper there is literally no keeper on planet fucking Earth that needs to be rested or rotated. :roll:

So if it is sentimentality then it really is misplaced. Kryten Features is not some Arsenal Legend in the twilight of his career, not some great servant of the club that has earned the nod of a few swansong cup appearances, he's a fucking chav and when we finish overpaying him to fuck up simple shit he is walking out the door into a Job with the fucking chav ffs. :roll:

Leno should be starting EVERY game and this fucker should be on the bench at most and even then I'd have our current 3rd choice keeper in as the number 2 ahead of him.
Spot on.

It's no coincidence that Leno now looks the part knowing he's the first choice with Cech retiring at season's end. That makes it even more pointless playing Cech at the business end of the season especially as he's a liability behind an already shite defence.

He's a decent bloke by all accounts but he's still a chav and has done nothing for us to warrant some sort of crowning finale to his career by possibly playing in a final.

He'll go back to the chavs but unlike Pat Jennings who went back to the scum he'll not be remembered with any affection.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

1-0 to the Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I should add also that I don't buy the other argument for playing a cup keeper - to give them some match experience in case the first choice keeper gets injured and the second choice keeper has to step in for league games. How often do keepers get injured in the soft non contact modern game? Seldom. Sure they might pick up a hammy from kicking or dislocate a finger but even those type of Injuries seem rarer and rarer now days.

And in Kryten Features case he is not an inexperienced kid, he is a vastly experienced senior pro so there is no justification at all for rotating him in as the cup keeper. None.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

At least in Cech's case, it's obvious they gave him some sort of guarantee on cup appearances, this doesn't explain why Emery keeps playing Mustafi or Iwobi. They both must have Emery nudes, only explanation.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:22 am
At least in Cech's case, it's obvious they gave him some sort of guarantee on cup appearances, this doesn't explain why Emery keeps playing Mustafi or Iwobi. They both must have Emery nudes, only explanation.
Gave him some sort of guarantee??? What's he gonna do if he doesn't play...leave???

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:46 am
BFG4 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:22 am
Gave him some sort of guarantee??? What's he gonna do if he doesn't play...leave???
I'm not defending it, it's beyond ridiculous that we arent playing our best side, but obviously Emery must have told him in pre-season he is playing every cup match. He may have wanted a back up if Leno was shit or he wanted to ease Leno into the team (which is what he ultimately did). Cech is past it and was before he left Chelsea, and if he makes a clanger in either leg that knocks us out then it's on Emery.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

There is no reason whatsoever why the Czech fannybulge should ever play for us again :oops: let alone in a cup where his past and future employers(who are also a shower of dirty bastards) are in direct competition to us..he's past it and has been for years the useless fucker.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i'm right behind the goal tonight so I will be watching Cech very closely...

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 pm
Sadly I think you'll be watching him picking the ball out of the net at least once,and possibly one will be from his error,I have very little faith in the bloke.

I think we'll lose both legs,if the team news is to be believed I cant see the point of playing the stiff,we owe him nothing.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sadly I think you'll be watching him picking the ball out of the net at least once,and possibly one will be from his error,I have very little faith in the bloke.

I think we'll lose both legs,if the team news is to be believed I cant see the point of playing the stiff,we owe him nothing.
We will win tonight! :barscarf:
(On the beers :D )

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:23 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

We will win tonight! :barscarf:
(On the beers :D )
I hope you're right mate!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Arsenal: Cech, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles, Torreira, Ramsey, Kolasinac, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Napoli: Meret, Hysaj, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Mario Rui, Callejon, Allan, Fabian Ruiz, Zielinski, Insigne, Mertens.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Strongest side apart from the Chav in goal

Why why why why why why why why why why :banghead: