VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: VAR

Post by mcdowell42 »

Clash wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:35 pm
Fucking VAR again ruling out an injury time winner for City against Spurs :banghead: :banghead:

This after lengthy celebrations ... including myself :evil:

Fucking despise this thing! You just cannot celebrate goals anymore.

Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental.

That's the actual rule, so in this case var not the problem the rule is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The new handball rule is fucking stupid but VAR is far worse because now some stat loving geek cùnt sitting in a control room will spot these nothing little handballs every time. VAR is fucking ruining the spectacle of football.

One of the main things that makes football so much better than tedious shite like rugby is the pace and flow and spontaneity of the game. VAR is sucking that out of it now. A goal gets scored and we cannot celebrate properly for 2 to 4 minutes because we have to wait and see if some minor infraction at some point in the build up over the last few minutes might rule out the goal. Fuck off.

I'd rather go back to moaning about shit refs getting some things wrong than have this game killing bullshit any day tbh.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So now we have VAR in place why are we restricting it? Why not referee the whole match from the VAR room. There is no need for linos anymore whatsoever.....they serve no purpose and are completely redundant. The referee can simply act as the puppet for the VAR gods. Then we can stop / start the entire game to get all the little decisions right too :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

The handball decision yesterday however daft I understand as it followed the rules. But after the WC when they cracked down on wrestling at corners how they square away the pen that wasn't given yesterday I just don't know.

The other thing - why don't they simply change the offside rule so that as long as any part of the attacker is level with the last defender then he is onside. Make it so that there has to be actual space between them for the attacker to be offside. That way we would cut down on the number of really close calls and we give the advantage to the attacker which the rules apparently always sought to do. Laca's cracker at Stoke when half his boot was given offside and Monreal's half a leg yesterday then are given as goals which is surely better for the game.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

18/08/2019 - John Cross "I'm a big advocate of VAR" - nuff said.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am
Now that wenger is gone, he's got fuck all going on in his life

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am
Fuck. That is the equivalent of Gary Glitter endorsing your kindergarten. :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:48 am
The new handball rule is fucking stupid but VAR is far worse because now some stat loving geek cùnt sitting in a control room will spot these nothing little handballs every time. VAR is fucking ruining the spectacle of football.

One of the main things that makes football so much better than tedious shite like rugby is the pace and flow and spontaneity of the game. VAR is sucking that out of it now. A goal gets scored and we cannot celebrate properly for 2 to 4 minutes because we have to wait and see if some minor infraction at some point in the build up over the last few minutes might rule out the goal. Fuck off.

I'd rather go back to moaning about shit refs getting some things wrong than have this game killing bullshit any day tbh.
this is a very good point.
it is bad enough when a "goal" is given offside but at least the decision is made quick enough so you dont look so stupid celebrating :D
with VAR it is a nightmare. very unsure about it at the moment, but we appear to be losing more than we have gained.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

VAR isnt the problem, it works in various forms in other sports, it is the implementation of it in football by a bunch of muppets at the same time as other ridiculous rule changes.

The idea of VAR comes from the entertainment industry, bear in mind this isnt for us football fans but the international audience of sports viewers..... think of football in terms of WWE and its audience and that's where it's headed, entertainment not sport again it's why you keep hearing pundits talk about the rule changes in terms of making football easier to understand

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

^^^^ This.

I knew that you'd post something sensible one day.

:lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

^^^^ This.

:lol:

Rumour has it they're roughly as frequent as an Arsenal title win :lol:

(I could have said scum but that would have been too harsh :roll: or would it :rubchin: :box: :lol: )

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I take it contentious penalty decisions are not being analysed because I don’t think that Pogba was to u he’d and was going down before any challenge was made

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

^^^^ This.

(I could have said scum but that would have been too harsh :roll: or would it :rubchin: :box: :lol: )

Not too harsh at all Jock. Had he not posted the above, then as frequent as a West Ham title win would have been perfectly analogous. :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

^^^^ This.

Not too harsh at all Jock. Had he not posted the above, then as frequent as a West Ham title win would have been perfectly analogous. :lol:

As it's the shammers, I guess we could soften that a little bit by including Division 2 'title' wins..........but then again maybe not :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

^^^^ This.

As it's the shammers, I guess we could soften that a little bit by including Division 2 'title' wins..........but then again maybe not :lol:

Yes, Division 2 title wins......that's the times he agreed with something sensible someone else said. :lol:

He must be on holiday.......he usually bites quicker than this ! :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

^^^^ This.

Yes, Division 2 title wins......that's the times he agreed with something sensible someone else said. :lol:

He must be on holiday.......he usually bites quicker than this ! :lol:

Very true. Either that or he's grown up suddenly........nah he's on holiday :lol: