VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: VAR

Post by DB10GOONER »

Apparently VAR was heard to have a cockney accent in that victims game last night. :lol:

I'm assuming there will now be mass protests, a candlelit vigil, a whiney and "passionate" editorial in the Echo from some twat like Spit The Scouse, a full "investigative report" from SlySports, and the banning of all VAR in all European games with the exception of it being used to disallow all goals conceded by the victims. :roll: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:55 am
Apparently VAR was heard to have a cockney accent in that victims game last night. :lol:

I'm assuming there will now be mass protests, a candlelit vigil, a whiney and "passionate" editorial in the Echo from some twat like Spit The Scouse, a full "investigative report" from SlySports, and the banning of all VAR in all European games with the exception of it being used to disallow all goals conceded by the victims. :roll: :censored:
Admittedly Napoli did stretch the boundaries a bit, but none more than their opponents. Mane had his customary theatrical dive in the box and where they yielded penalties against Spurs and Leicester the European officials were not having it..Even the commentary team had to admit it. Stupid Teeth was yellow carded for whinging and the fans were up in arms.. By the way last night Joe Gomez was as bad as any Arsenal defender this season and that is some achievement. He was replaced by the equally hyped Trent Alexander Arnold.. " Alexander Arnold is getting instructions " said the commentator. " Stick it on Salah's head " quipped Macmanaman...Sickening c@#ts all of them.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Admittedly Napoli did stretch the boundaries a bit, but none more than their opponents. Mane had his customary theatrical dive in the box and where they yielded penalties against Spurs and Leicester the European officials were not having it..Even the commentary team had to admit it. Stupid Teeth was yellow carded for whinging and the fans were up in arms.. By the way last night Joe Gomez was as bad as any Arsenal defender this season and that is some achievement. He was replaced by the equally hyped Trent Alexander Arnold.. " Alexander Arnold is getting instructions " said the commentator. " Stick it on Salah's head " quipped Macmanaman...Sickening c@#ts all of them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Yup! That about sums it up. :high5:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Took an age to approve the stonewall penalty and the retake for the clear encroachment.

Didn’t even look at that awful tackle on Guendouzi which was studs up over the ball straight into his shin.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:09 pm
Took an age to approve the stonewall penalty and the retake for the clear encroachment.

Didn’t even look at that awful tackle on Guendouzi which was studs up over the ball straight into his shin.
Yep, red card challenge all day long even without VAR.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

How come VAR always goes in favour of N17? That ball hit Allli on the arm tonight at least as much as it hit the Man City player's arm when the played them but that was disallowed.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Come on, let's be honest here. That ball did not touch Alli's hand. He flicked it and it went past his elbow.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

This has got to be the best VAR yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_cLKJ2NM_k

The Shelvey goal at the minute mark.....what a fucking unbelievable mess :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 pm

There is now absolutely no point in having linesmen ( sorry, assistants) as they get it wrong so often.

VAR will soon enough make all the decisions and the ref will just be on the field of play to toss the coin, and shake hands.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Well, well well I didn't know Dobby played football :?

augie

Post by augie »

Yet again var showed the inconsistency/shitiness of it all -

1. citeeh should absolutely have had a penalty for handball just before half time, but var backed the ref :roll:

2. perreira (manure) should have been sent off. You tell me ……. if a player kicks another player (not trips him) how is that not a red card ?? It was a violent kick and shocking that he wasn't sent off

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Just watched the Scottish league cup final with no var and it was great

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 pm
Yet again var showed the inconsistency/shitiness of it all -

1. citeeh should absolutely have had a penalty for handball just before half time, but var backed the ref :roll:

2. perreira (manure) should have been sent off. You tell me ……. if a player kicks another player (not trips him) how is that not a red card ?? It was a violent kick and shocking that he wasn't sent off
Fred going down to block the cross needed his hand/forearm to actually land, surely you don't expect him to slide with his hands behind him?

Pereira's challenge on Sterling was a yellow; not a last man and definitely not a kick, he tripped Sterling's right foot.

Hated every minute of that game as I wanted City to win by 5 but can't be blind and judge from my arse only because I hate United.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:59 pm
Just watched the Scottish league cup final with no var and it was great
Same here, was slightly salty about Celtic's goal which was offside but Morelos had decent chances onside/offiside and didn't take any.