VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: VAR

Post by Redarmy »

Quite simply VAR has ruined the game as we knew it..........

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Only one of these incidents produced a red card :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:20 pm

:coffeespit:

But also:

:twisted: :box: :banghead: :censored:

It's a complete fucking nonsense of a system. It's not 100 % accurate, it's open to human error and cheating, it's turned a fast fluid sport into a stoppy starty pile of shit, and it has taken away what little joy was left in modern football - the celebration of goals.

It has got to be fucking binned. :box:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not a chance of it being binned, it creates suspense and uncertainty for the TV viewers, ratchets up the excitement and gives real meaning to the decisions, who cares how fans in stadiums feel :suicide: :suicide:

Oh I nearly forgot the comedy element of watching fans celebrations turn to disgust

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm
Not a chance of it being binned, it creates suspense and uncertainty for the TV viewers, ratchets up the excitement and gives real meaning to the decisions, who cares how fans in stadiums feel :suicide: :suicide:

Oh I nearly forgot the comedy element of watching fans celebrations turn to disgust
Oh we all know it won't be binned because fucking idiots run the game. The point is it should be binned.

I'd disagree it creates suspense. It creates dread, anger, resentment, disbelief and boredom... but not suspense.

And it certainly doesn't ratchet up the excitement. It kills the excitement of the game. Waiting two to five minutes for an offside decision kills excitement. Watching some stupid fine line decision rule out a goal after 5 minutes of checking and rechecking kills excitement.

If I could change only one thing about the modern game it would be binning the complete shitpile that is VAR.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB, send your comments to [email protected] for due consideration :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 pm
DB, send your comments to [email protected] for due consideration :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Sent. :barscarf:

Hey, hang on.... :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:

I will never, in a million years, understand how the Luiz one was a) a pentalty and b) a red card. The attacking players foot actually hit Luiz' knee, not the other way around. That game was a total fuck-fest and Pawson screwed us compleltly. Firstly he purposely played over the added time in the first-half which lead to the oemtslty and then he gave it (backed up by the mong viewing the VAR).

I have no doubt in my mind that some Far East betting company made a lot of money on that game, and this season. The only way to explain such piss poor, and shocking, officiating is to conclude that English officials are crooked.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:39 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Oh we all know it won't be binned because fucking idiots run the game. The point is it should be binned.

I'd disagree it creates suspense. It creates dread, anger, resentment, disbelief and boredom... but not suspense.

And it certainly doesn't ratchet up the excitement. It kills the excitement of the game. Waiting two to five minutes for an offside decision kills excitement. Watching some stupid fine line decision rule out a goal after 5 minutes of checking and rechecking kills excitement.

If I could change only one thing about the modern game it would be binning the complete shitpile that is VAR.
100% agree

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:42 am
rodders999 wrote:

I will never, in a million years, understand how the Luiz one was a) a pentalty and b) a red card. The attacking players foot actually hit Luiz' knee, not the other way around. That game was a total fuck-fest and Pawson screwed us compleltly. Firstly he purposely played over the added time in the first-half which lead to the oemtslty and then he gave it (backed up by the mong viewing the VAR).

I have no doubt in my mind that some Far East betting company made a lot of money on that game, and this season. The only way to explain such piss poor, and shocking, officiating is to conclude that English officials are crooked.
Yep, before it was questionable - I think this season has confirmed beyond doubt that it is bent.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I see the premier league are going to draw thicker lines when judging offsides next season to try and not have so many finger nail goals chalked off.

Thicker fucking lines :banghead:

And no I am not making that up :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:27 pm
I see the premier league are going to draw thicker lines when judging offsides next season to try and not have so many finger nail goals chalked off.

Thicker fucking lines :banghead:

And no I am not making that up :roll:
Seriously?!! :lol:

How can they think that will make a blind bit of difference.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The thicker lines will be drawn over someone’s toe presumably, so you can’t see it peeking through :lol:

https://www.skysports.com/share/12329735

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The International Football Association Board [IFAB] - football's lawmakers - does not specify a maximum thickness of lines, under the laws of the game.
:suicide:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:35 pm
The International Football Association Board [IFAB] - football's lawmakers - does not specify a maximum thickness of lines, under the laws of the game.
:suicide:
Does it specify that they have to be straight ?

Could always just draw a bendy line to declare the Arsenal player offside.