The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
CloakedGooner

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by CloakedGooner »

The only "council" building this tool should be going to after Sunday is the jobcentre ffs :banghead:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Counselling? Fuc*ing Counselling. The captain of The Arsenal (earning 95k a week) needs fuc*ing counselling because he is a little upset about the reaction from fans. The reaction which he has well and truly earned over the last four years.

I give up. I really do. This just reinforces every view of us held by other clubs of us being as soft as shite. Imagine us going away to play spurs or even Burnley after this. The fuc*ing shame :oops:

If he has any sense of honour then he should just go while he has a little piece of his self pride in place.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i just don't understand why Xhaka has not come out and given an apology by now.
don't Arsenal have a PR officer ??

there is absolutely no way back now for the :censored: and by that I mean captaincy and his place in the team.
I hope that he gets booed every time he touches the ball.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I saw Torreira apparently needing to be consoled in tears because of the “treatment” Xhaka was getting from the fans.

The culture at the club is still just so fucking weak.

It’s a shame that the home crowd will still have some patience for this clown and many will go over the top to try and make him feel loved in his next game. He will get fucking pelters from away fans I imagine going forward. Useless prick.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:56 pm
I saw Torreira apparently needing to be consoled in tears because of the “treatment” Xhaka was getting from the fans.

The culture at the club is still just so fucking weak.

It’s a shame that the home crowd will still have some patience for this clown and many will go over the top to try and make him feel loved in his next game. He will get fucking pelters from away fans I imagine going forward. Useless prick.
Absolutely yet still the media like to point to a toxic atmosphere at the bowl before they consider the cause of any perceived atmosphere.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've defended Dick more than most here and continue to do so, but his biggest black mark for me has been his insistence on playing this gormless tool and then making him captain. I was massively encouraged to see some of the shit being swept out of the door and hoped to high heaven that this tool would be on the list too.

Dick now has two ways to go

1. He strips this cock from his position as captain, makes Guendouzi and Torreira the two first choice holders and pushes the bloke out to the fringes and looks to move him on

2. Keeps him as captain and manufactures some feeble apology

Whilst loyalty is an admiral quality, blind loyalty isn't and I will be very disappointed if he opts for the latter. He won't be doing himself any favours with the fans whatsoever

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:29 pm
Counselling? Fuc*ing Counselling. The captain of The Arsenal (earning 95k a week) needs fuc*ing counselling because he is a little upset about the reaction from fans. The reaction which he has well and truly earned over the last four years.

I give up. I really do. This just reinforces every view of us held by other clubs of us being as soft as shite. Imagine us going away to play spurs or even Burnley after this. The fuc*ing shame :oops:

If he has any sense of honour then he should just go while he has a little piece of his self pride in place.
Superb post mate. 8) Bang on the money.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Our wonderful captain just released a statement:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Fucking social media. Every player probably gets excessive abuse and nutters wishing them harm. Surely Xakha realises they’re not the same people as those sat in the stadium booing him for not leaving the pitch quicker?

I think he’s only making the link to social media to play the victim card. I guess that’s easier than confronting the real reason the fans are frustrated by his performances :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm
Fucking social media. Every player probably gets excessive abuse and nutters wishing them harm. Surely Xakha realises they’re not the same people as those sat in the stadium booing him for not leaving the pitch quicker?

I think he’s only making the link to social media to play the victim card. I guess that’s easier than confronting the real reason the fans are frustrated by his performances :roll:
Spot on.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm

100% spot on - clearly the geezer is as fucking thick off the pitch as he is on it.

And he seems to have confused "fans not understanding him" with us actually "completely understanding that you are total dog shit"

augie

Post by augie »

Clearly the likelihood is that he wont be leaving the club anytime soon, and it is also likely that he wont have the captaincy taken off him either :roll: This is gonna put match attending Gooners in a real bind - do they accept this decision and not give him any stick over this incident, or do they give him both barrels (as I think they should) ? There are so many pussified fans at our games now, and they will 100% buy into this "poor xhaka is a victim in this", so any type of negative reaction towards him will without doubt result in more internal battles/fights between Gooners :evil: The media will also be quite happy to portray xhaka as a victim against those nasty Arsenal fans, so everything will be lined up to ease the man back into the team.

Will he get abuse from fans on his return ? I know I certainly wouldn't bet on it :(

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What a silly prick. I've just read his carefully constructed statement and it smacks of a spoilt, self-entitled, stroppy little brat. It's full of excuses and self-justifications which are totally irrelevant to what he did on the pitch. For some reason, he seems to think a few boos are the worst things that anyone has ever received on a football pitch and that turning round and telling his own fans to fuck off is absolutely justified. This all seems forced and insincere and the *word censored* can fuck right off himself.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just don't know how this one will play out. I'd be surprised if he gets booed from the off and I don't think I will personally go down that route. Even though I know the inevitable outcome I will give him a chance to prove himself. That said the genie is very much out of the bottle now and that is entirely down to Xhaka himself. If he somehow plays out of his socks there will likely be a truce for just now but the first sign of his usual incompetent self and he is walking a very fine line.
Last edited by Jock Gooner on Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Social media, especially twitter is an absolute fucking cesspit. You see the dregs of society on there threatening to murder and rape their local MP, or wishing torture and death to somebody and their kids just because they dare to hold a different opinion on some matter to them.

Sad as it is, if you’re famous and you’re on twitter that sort of vile shit is coming your way.

So for this fucking dickhead to come out with a statement where he tries to explain away what he did by somehow equating what happened in the ground last Sunday with what some bottom feeders are saying about his wife and kid on social media is a complete disgrace.

There’s absolutely no correlation behind the two and he’s a fucking coward to pretend otherwise.

Get fucked and get out of our club.