The Arsenal captain 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The Arsenal captain 2019/20

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 pm
What a silly prick. I've just read the PR Teams carefully constructed statement and it smacks of a spoilt, self-entitled, stroppy little brat. It's full of excuses and self-justifications which are totally irrelevant to what he did on the pitch. For some reason, he seems to think a few boos are the worst things that anyone has ever received on a football pitch and that turning round and telling his own fans to fuck off is absolutely justified. This all seems forced and insincere and the *word censored* can fuck right off himself.
Made a slight amendment there mate :wink: Otherwise BANG ON THE MONEY. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It was bad enough having the useless, dumb-as-fuck prick poisoning the team (and games) with his utter incompetence, now he has poisoned social media in a contrived, lame, ill-timed attempt to get people to feel sorry for him. Awww diddums :roll: :banghead:

Had he shown he had a pair and apologised ie: Said "Sorry" to the Arsenal Fans AND Club for his infantile outburst within an hour or so after the palace game, then he might have got some kind of respect for being honest and showing he has a spine and a pair of Cajonah's. But to wait the best part of a week AND then try and associate by inference that there is a connection between the fans venting their frustration and dislike towards him as a 'Player' and (so called) 'Captain' with any threats made against him on social media is shameful and simply shows his complete lack of Class and his utter detachment from the fans who go week in - week out following and supporting the team spending large sums of money; whilst he rakes in £100k a week for turning in below-par performances every game.

This 'statement' proves that he is not fit to play for a club that; even in these much changed times prides it-self (or at least WE Gooners do) on sticking with the team through thick and thin. This poor, ill-informed excuse for an apology simply demonstrates to one and all that he is shallow, self-serving, pity seeking individual who doesn't have the intelligence to separate the fans 'Booing' of him and 'threats' he has received the past year on Social Media.

Any True Gooner would Never Do such a thing. I do not wish him harm, I just want him gone from our team and club. He is 'poison'

#xhakaout.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bunch

Post by bunch »

Its not much of an apology from Xhaka and a very poor attempt to play the soshul meeja victim card. If you dont like it, get off it.

But the root of the problem is that he isnt good enough to be in the team, certainly shouldnt be captain and right now is the lightning rod for evwryone frustrated with Emery's team selections and tactics. His response needed to be humble in tbe extreme. It certainly wasnt.

Two things I will be doing if Emery is stupid enough to pick him on Saturday
1. Pre kick-off when the team is read out when is name is read I will be replying in kind with the phrase he left the field with on Sunday
2. Booing his first touch of the ball. But no more than that.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 pm
Just don't know how this one will play out. I'd be surprised if he gets booed from the off and I don't think I will personally go down that route. Even though I know the inevitable outcome I will give him a chance to prove himself. That said the genie is very much out of the bottle now and that is entirely down to Xhaka himself. If he somehow plays out of his socks there will likely be a truce for just now but the first sign of his usual incompetent self and he is walking a very fine line.

Personally I think that it is disgraceful that the captaincy STILL hasn't been taken off him - if it was my decision I wouldn't let him play for the club again, but whatever about allowing him to play again as a regular player, allowing him to carry on as captain and player is outrageous and should not be accepted by any fan. Apart from the player himself and his loyal team-mates coming off badly, the manager and the club as a whole is coming out of this saga looking very amateur and weak - the managers lack of action is in line with his weak reputation, but the club and those above him should have stepped in before now and taken some disciplinary action against xhaka, and losing the captaincy should have been the minimum action taken. I haven't wanted him near the team purely for footballing reasons, but now he has lost any small bit of respect I had for him as a person, and there is no way back for him in my book

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:49 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 pm
What a silly prick. I've just read the PR Teams carefully constructed statement and it smacks of a spoilt, self-entitled, stroppy little brat. It's full of excuses and self-justifications which are totally irrelevant to what he did on the pitch. For some reason, he seems to think a few boos are the worst things that anyone has ever received on a football pitch and that turning round and telling his own fans to fuck off is absolutely justified. This all seems forced and insincere and the *word censored* can fuck right off himself.
Made a slight amendment there mate :wink: Otherwise BANG ON THE MONEY. :barscarf:
Proper PR stuff, isn't it. I'm almost certain that he has had nothing at all to do with this and someone has just knocked this up in the last few hours once the club realised that he wasn't going to deal with it or that it wasn't going to go away. If the clumsy little twat actually felt that this mattered, he'd have come out and said these words on Monday morning on camera. He sees himself as the wounded party here and it's not going to end well for him. Nobody cares about him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

So his statement is basically “there was a good reason why I reacted like I did, none of you understand it but sorry if it offended you”.

Not really an apology at all. And I’m sorry but whilst those comments are offensive, he is hardly like a high-profile politician who probably has 100 of those messages every time they turn on their computer.

Sorry to say that those who are saying that there’s no way back for him etc are deluding themselves. He will be straight back into Emery’s side and costing us on the pitch week in week out.

Difficult to have any enthusiasm to defend Emery for the good things that he’s done - and there have been some - when this twat plays awfully week in week out with complete impunity and we are still shipping in 2+ goals every other game.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

By the way, I hope that the fucking prick gets booed every time he sets foot in the stadium between now and the end of time.

I couldn’t care less what the sanctimonious wankers in the media say.

Plenty have been not fit to wear the shirt over the last decade, none more so than him.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

He may not like the outpouring of frustration aimed at him last week (and most other weeks) but it’s wrong and incredibly unfair on match going Arsenal fans to link it so publicly to the vile abuse he gets on social media!

He should be forced to apologise for his apology :roll: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

He disrespected the jersey and armband. If he's captain after that then this club is fucked

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

More a statement of justification than a statement of apology. Not much contrition is there.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The interwebs and social media have given a voice (and an audience) to the type of braindead bottom feeding no mates cùnts that used to be spotted lighting their own farts in pubs and setting cats on fire on their way home to the grief bunker they live in in their moms basement.

To try and equate rightfully frustrated and angry match-going money-paying Arsenal fans with the social media idiots and then try and use that as a justification for reacting like a spoiled entitled cùnt is adding insult to injury. :censored:

If Emery doesn't take the armband off this pillock (he won't) then it's a major nail in his managerial coffin and the type of stupid self inflicted gunshot wound you'd associate with 2nd rate morons like Redkrapp and Pulis. :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Pathetic attempt to excuse his actions!
Whilst tainting the reputation of Arsenal fans!
If he can’t handle comments from keyboard idiots on social media then it doesnt say much for his strength of character!
He was booed on Sunday by genuine ticket buying fans, because his performance was shite and to draw a parallel with that and faceless twats on social media, has lowered my opinion of him even more!
I hope he plays at the weekend and I hope he gets dogs abuse.
So xhaka! I hope you, your wife and kid have a long and happy life together!
But FUCK OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB! you useless piece of Swiss shite!

Blim

Post by Blim »

Playing the victim, the gutless tosser can't even own up and say sorry for being a n00b.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I hope he gets booed from the minute his name is read out tomorrow.
I was one of the few who defended him when he was made captain, but his behaviour last Sunday was a disgrace, and he really hasnt helped himself this week either.

Counselling ?? :D :lol:
PR spun excuse :rubchin: :banghead: :banghead:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

So who takes over the armband? Obviously we need someone who is a leader, brave, puts his body on the line for the club, leads by example, drags the team up when conceding, and relates to the fans. Erm, er, hmmmm, anyone?!