Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rich31

Re: Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

Post by rich31 »

I cannot believe we are at the stage where this over rated nob considers it ok to turn on our club.I cannot remember the last captain we had i was proud of.BFG moaned he hated playing for us and was rewarded with a new role and now this twat....just fuck off then kos safe in the knowledge you kicked the fans whilst we were down....its not his playing contribution ill miss its just that its so fucking disrespectful to do what he is..

augie

Post by augie »

Apparently the c.unt can buy himself out of the final year of his contract, and at £90k per week that will only bring us just under £4.7m :roll:
However his contract apparently has an option for a further year IF the club decide to take it up, so I am assuming that the club would make him pay for that season too ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fuck him ,sue him for breach of contract . Drogbas bitch !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SPARKSY wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm
Are you drunk ?? :?
Woukld you blame him if he were? How else is one meant to cope with the seemingly imminent collapse of our football club?
We all know Kos was done before this came out. That it has, suggests there is no back up plan to replace him. (Silly me, the one we want won't be playing for us next year as he'll be loaned back)
The only ones who were close to being leaders (Cech or Ramsey) are gone or Kos.
One 18 year old kid and all the dross still there.
Mid table is looking like a good season.
It goes from bad to worse. We are really in the shit this season.

It's funny but when I first heard this my immediate reaction was what a prick.

But having had a bit of a think about it, it really does say more about the club than it does about Kos that we are in such a shit state that we can't allow a 33 year old crock to head home and grab a deal for himself because we can't get our shit together.

We let Wilshire, Ramsey and every other fucker piss off under their own steam or for free but we are now going to make an issue of Kos - it's not a good situation and I'm not giving Kos a pass but perhaps we should be in a place where our plans for defence didn't involve us worrying about keeping a geriatric defender who turns 34 in September. Just a thought.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SPARKSY wrote:
xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:
Woukld you blame him if he were? How else is one meant to cope with the seemingly imminent collapse of our football club?
We all know Kos was done before this came out. That it has, suggests there is no back up plan to replace him. (Silly me, the one we want won't be playing for us next year as he'll be loaned back)
Not just this season, we are in this for the long haul

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Seems he has taken issue with us triggering an extension when he thought he'd be a free agent so had been negotiating with other clubs. Guessing he would have been happy for us to trigger it if he was still injured and if he didn't like the clause why did he agree to it.

Not sure why the club felt it was necessary to release the statement but in general feels like we have taken the decision to trigger the extension to ensure we get a fee or have one of our more dependable defenders on our books available next season. Other clubs seem to do it all the time (Man U have done something similar with the likes of De Gea I think) so I actually think it shows a more ruthless approach to protecting our interests compared to recent history. And the fact he thinks he can go on strike to force it through also reflects on how the club has been run in recent times

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:

But having had a bit of a think about it, it really does say more about the club than it does about Kos that we are in such a shit state that we can't allow a 33 year old crock to head home and grab a deal for himself because we can't get our shit together.

We let Wilshire, Ramsey and every other fucker piss off under their own steam or for free but we are now going to make an issue of Kos - it's not a good situation and I'm not giving Kos a pass but perhaps we should be in a place where our plans for defence didn't involve us worrying about keeping a geriatric defender who turns 34 in September. Just a thought.
He's been shit for years, (mind you with that *word censored* Mustafi alongside, would give you nightmares) but in his defence we don't know the full strength of it, may have been an agreement between player and club for him to leave, and they reneged, think that would be fairly typical behaviour now from this once great club, now more concerned with being seen to be politically correct than upholding the tradition of Herbert Chapman, Tom Whittaker, Bertie Mee and Don Howe.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Sell him to Carlisle or somewhere properly grim.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:

Exactly, Cap Kos 33yrs old, Nacho Monreal 33YRS OLD,

but us fans & the media WON'T Highlight this PROBLEM until BOOM!!!

it blows up in our faces like this! & we wonder why?

Most Arsenal fans are still in the Wenger-like delusion dreaming of ZAHA, when Cap Kos CONFIRMS

that we have MAJOR PROBLEMS at the back.

Right now the only Fit Experienced Defender Arsenal has is Socratis,

Everyone else is Mentally unfit(Mustafi), Tadpoles, the youths, or again 33yr old Monreal...34 nxt yr so basically Lichstiener 2.0!!!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:

He's been shit for years, (mind you with that *word censored* Mustafi alongside, would give you nightmares) but in his defence we don't know the full strength of it, may have been an agreement between player and club for him to leave, and they reneged, think that would be fairly typical behaviour now from this once great club, now more concerned with being seen to be politically correct than upholding the tradition of Herbert Chapman, Tom Whittaker, Bertie Mee and Don Howe.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what the club said to him at the end of last season, probably something along the lines of not to worry and that the contract extension probably wouldn't be actioned. Fast forward 12 months and now it's sorry Kos we're skint so you've got to stay.

The fact that he would rather go and play in France now which is a micky mouse league rather than spend a final year at our place just shows you what he thinks of our set up going forward.

Apparently he has three offers from France if he is available on a free - if we're after a fee for an almost 34 year old crock then we're pathetic and the fact that we are reliant on a 33/34 year old defender is pathetic too. So along with Monreal we are now triggering final year extensions to all our oldies who probably all fancied a move home for an easy final year or two.

What next.....are we going to give TA6 and some of the old boys a bell to see if they fancy a game. Utter bollox.

GunnDog

Post by GunnDog »

So Kos wants out of his contract a year early. He clearly doesn't see any point in wasting another (final) year at Arsenal, knowing they will achieve nothing.

We have major defensive problems to fix - even WITH him in the squad - and it is would be a disaster if he left now,

With only a 50 million budget to spend, the arsenal board are making it clear they have no intention of competing for top 4 - and Spurs, pool and the mancs all buying well, the writing is on the wall.

To emphasise this, the board spent half their budget on a player who will then be immediately loaned back to his former club. So in one swift move, we have halved our meagre budget, and bought no one to help this season's efforts - SMH

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

this is very un Arsenal.

I suspect that Dick has told him that Chambers, Bielek and Holding are to be the 1st choice CB's thsi season, and he will no longer be a starter but is still needed as back due to our limited finances, and so he's become a right moody cow about it.

he's always struck me as quiet professional, so it also could be that a bomb has been dropped somewhere - maybe the board promised him a free and reneged.

either way it has to be down to our lack of cash.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Think he'll retain the Captaincy if he has to stay? Probably will because that is the modern Arsenal way :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:37 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Yeah it will be interesting to see what the club said to him at the end of last season, probably something along the lines of not to worry and that the contract extension probably wouldn't be actioned. Fast forward 12 months and now it's sorry Kos we're skint so you've got to stay.

The fact that he would rather go and play in France now which is a micky mouse league rather than spend a final year at our place just shows you what he thinks of our set up going forward.

Apparently he has three offers from France if he is available on a free - if we're after a fee for an almost 34 year old crock then we're pathetic and the fact that we are reliant on a 33/34 year old defender is pathetic too. So along with Monreal we are now triggering final year extensions to all our oldies who probably all fancied a move home for an easy final year or two.

What next.....are we going to give TA6 and some of the old boys a bell to see if they fancy a game. Utter bollox.

Hold up - for starters it was an accepted fact that kos wanted to leave last season prior to his injury anyway, and his desire to go back to france has nothing to do with where we are now.
Secondly he might be almost 34 years old, but he still has value hence why 3 teams want him. Has he done enough in his time with us to justify granting him a free transfer ? Fcuk no, so why would you reward him for throwing his dummy out of the pram by letting him go for free. He signed the contract (with the added season option), and was happy to stick with us when he was injured for most of last season despite previously expressing his intention to fcuk off home, so now the only way he should be allowed leave is under OUR TERMS

augie

Post by augie »

GunnDog wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:02 pm
So Kos wants out of his contract a year early. He clearly doesn't see any point in wasting another (final) year at Arsenal, knowing they will achieve nothing.

We have major defensive problems to fix - even WITH him in the squad - and it is would be a disaster if he left now,

With only a 50 million budget to spend, the arsenal board are making it clear they have no intention of competing for top 4 - and Spurs, pool and the mancs all buying well, the writing is on the wall.

To emphasise this, the board spent half their budget on a player who will then be immediately loaned back to his former club. So in one swift move, we have halved our meagre budget, and bought no one to help this season's efforts - SMH

No it wouldn't - he is a pale shadow of his former self (and he was far from world class then), and should be sold anyway cos he brings fcuk all to the table now.