OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Ozil and Kolasinac attempted hijacking

Post by Herd »

Jails no place for wannabees, and Islington is well represented inside. I hope their time is hard .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:36 am
Jails no place for wannabees, and Islington is well represented inside. I hope their time is hard .
Especially during "fun time" in the showers. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Indeed ,moreover he's from Archway so he will need to lie low when they let him out ,the area is staunch Arsenal and have some proper people on the manor not to mention Islington Boxing club who fight in red and white for a reason !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm
Indeed ,moreover he's from Archway so he will need to lie low when they let him out ,the area is staunch Arsenal and have some proper people on the manor not to mention Islington Boxing club who fight in red and white for a reason !
And it's not like he'll be able to outrun them what with a post-prison arse like a wind tunnel creating drag and slowing him down. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:42 am
Herd wrote:
And it's not like he'll be able to outrun them what with a post-prison arse like a wind tunnel creating drag and slowing him down. :lol:
There is simply no thread you can't drag further into the gutter is there ! :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:42 am
Herd wrote:
There is simply no thread you can't drag further into the gutter is there ! :barscarf: :lol:
Nope. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

My already deep hatred for lawyers solicitors barristers and judges went up a notch when I read this mutt's cùnt solicitor was pleading for a quick hearing because he is "living in fear for his life" in jail. The poor little mite. :roll:

Fuck him. I wonder how many of his victims that he mugged at knife point were in fear for their life? Fuck him. :censored:

nut flush gooner

Looks like we wont be offloading Ozil to China

Post by nut flush gooner »

I wish footballers would shut the fuck up when it comes to making statements about political issues.

https://news.sky.com/story/arsenal-dist ... s-11886125

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Looks like we wont be offloading Ozil to China

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:20 am
I wish footballers would shut the fuck up when it comes to making statements about political issues.

I feel much the same about his treatment of Arsenal Football Club's wage bill.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh dear, our precious no 10 clearly turned over from CBeebies and ended watching the recent three part documentary on China by Reggie Yates and has gotten all political as a result :roll:

nut flush gooner

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I mean the mental torture we've had to suffer this year.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ozil makes his comment.

The Chinese authorities have withdrawn our game today from being viewed over there.

Arsenal have moved quickly to distance themselves from Ozil's comment.

Who said it's all about the money :lol:

Hopefully all our dear little flakey protestors will jump on a plane and head off to China to protest there....please...please :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

China's state broadcaster CCTV has removed Sunday's Arsenal-Manchester City game from its schedule after comments made by Gunners midfielder Mesut Ozil, state media has reported.

Ozil posted on social media about the treatment of Uighur Muslims in China.

Arsenal distanced the club from the German's views, saying it was "always apolitical as an organisation".

The Global Times described Ozil's comments as "false" and claimed he had "disappointed" football authorities.

In addition, the Chinese Football Association said Ozil's comments were "unacceptable" and had "hurt the feelings" of Chinese fans.

CCTV will now show Sunday's game between Tottenham and Wolves, instead of a live broadcast of Arsenal's home match with the reigning Premier League champions.

In his social media post Ozil, who is a Muslim, called Uighurs "warriors who resist persecution" and criticised both China and the silence of Muslims in response.

China has consistently denied mistreating Uighur Muslims in the country.

Rights groups say about a million people - mostly from the Muslim Uighur community - are thought to have been detained without trial in high-security prison camps.

China says they are being educated in "vocational training centres" to combat violent religious extremism.

source BBC footy.

-------------------------------------

So now the repercussions start. I wonder how far this might get played out. Perhaps affecting our financial links with Asia?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:09 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I mean the mental torture we've had to suffer this year.
China's politics and leadership seem to be the template for our ownership and leadership.

nut flush gooner

So not only is ozil taking a fortune out of the club, he's now stopping a lucrative income source. Nice one Mesut.