AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

Post by rodders999 »

We'll win because we're the Arsenal :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Our defense was carved open easily by both Newcastle and Burnley but neither took advantage of their opportunities .
Liverpool are different kettle of fish with quality finishers and a pacey full press that will punish any dithering when playing out from the back .
We need to have Torriera or Chambers as a screen in front of a back four or three and look to counter with pace when the opportunity arises and Our Spanish kiddo playing up and down ,however if we try and play wengerball we will get seriously dicked .
I can see us doing ok only for David Luiz to give away a penalty and get sent off and Liverpool win by 2 late goals !
3-1 to the Victims !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Think we will score, and so will they....2-2

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Goals, goals, goals.....5-2 win for the bindippers :cussing:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 am

Having said that, imagine the affect if we actually win. We'll be clear at the top and the only 100% team.
and then we lash the dustbins and go three points clear :barscarf:

i would do anything for a win up there. its long long overdue.

i would like to see willock, Torreira and dozer in front of our back five and totally play them on the counter attack.

laca and pepe up front. plenty of long balls over the top too.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

In recent years they've scored mainly on the break. This time we should let them have the pill, retreat & fuckin' smash THEM on the break. Start Pepe & NO Ozil or Miki on the team sheet. 4 - 4 Arsharvin result would be OK !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 pm
The Truth...from an ExTERIOR fan source...WE'll see how it goes!
Headline:Arsenal's New Dawn: All Isn't as Rosy as it Seems at the Emirates (Seriously, Chill Out a Bit)
https://www.90min.com/posts/6437968-ars ... -out-a-bit
Writer: Chris Deeley
2019/08/21
90min.com
That is the worst article I've ever fucking read mate and it was written by an obvious scum fan ffs. :roll:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Zanatos3 wrote: The Truth...from an ExTERIOR fan source...WE'll see how it goes!
Headline:Arsenal's New Dawn: All Isn't as Rosy as it Seems at the Emirates (Seriously, Chill Out a Bit)
https://www.90min.com/posts/6437968-ars ... -out-a-bit
Writer: Chris Deeley
2019/08/21
90min.com
Agree to an extent but "exterior fans" can fuck off with their views on us. It's fuck all to do with them. Especially obvious Scum fans like that one

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

An Arsenal Win - THE ONLY Acceptable Result.

Fuck off you bin dipping robbing bunch of whiney bitching ceeuntsss. :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:23 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:04 pm
Hammered there last season but three big penalty calls did effect the scoreline but certainly not the result..They got two and we didn't get the most blatant one. Anyway I have a feeling that it won't be as easy for them and we may just surprise a few pundits. Thank God it is on Sky, as bad as they are watching the Victims play at Anfield on BT is torture.
Good point there Brady. Yes they were the better team on the day but the scoreline flattered them last season and they got away with murder on our penno shout.

I don't think we'll get dicked this time but I struggle to see us getting a win up there.

But then I have this niggling feeling in my gut that we just might nick a win..... either that or that kebab was dodgy last night and in about ten minutes I'm gonna be pebbledashing this train in an explosive sea of liquid excrement. :shock:

:wink:
Your prose puts one in mind of Bronte or Austin.
😄 You mean the Bronte sisters write about shit, or they just write shit? 😁

An Arsenal win, just.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 am
After starting with 2 wins I think its a pity we have this fixture already!

This or Man City away are the two fixtures you'd least want to play when you're trying to build a bit of confidence and momentum at the start of a new season.

Having said that, imagine the affect if we actually win. We'll be clear at the top and the only 100% team.

Its unlikely it will be us that get the 3 points but it's not impossible! It would be nice to see a ref book the opposition players when they commit the same offence that he books ours for too. Hasn't happened in the opening 2 games and no doubtt the victims will be getting all the decisions as usual :roll:

At this stage I'd settle for a performance where we can still hold our heads up at the end of the game :barscarf:
I hate to sound like a fucking loser here but given our recent record up there if you gave me a tight 2-1 defeat with a half decent performance right now I'd take it tbh. :shock:

Makes me sick to even think that way but I'm beaten down by the amount of dickings we've taken up there - much like a prison rape victim really. :wink:
Me too mate. The last thing we need so early in the season is another humiliation followed by everyone saying nothing has changed, we signed the wrong players, Emery is the wrong man etc.

That still might happen at a later date but hopefully we can at least enjoy this new season for a bit longer.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Really important that Dick gets his tictacs right for this one. I hear what people are saying about playing them on the counter and if we had a defence then that would be an option but the thought of wave after wave of victim attacks will make for a very uncomfortable 90 mins. The more you let them come onto you the more intensity they build and the more the shite in the stands get behind them.

We need to try and hold onto the ball in the midfield and we are good enough to do that but at the same time we need to deal with their press. Anyone happy about us playing out from the back up there :shock: :suicide: Auba has got to be on it for this as he is the obvious option for a ball in behind the full back which might help to keep one of the fookers back. He can't be having one of his little sulks out on the wing. Whether he plays Pepe to occupy the other fullback is a thought. Bottom line is there is no place for anybody who isn't going to put a shift in. We've been screwed over too many times by these twats in the last few seasons when we've 'technically' only fielded 9 or 10 on the park so we can't afford to be carrying Ozils and Mhikis who can't be arsed to track back.

I'd love a win, I'd take a draw right now but I wouldn't be too upset with a close one goal defeat if we display the right kind of attitude.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

First real test of the season for Emery, let’s ser if he’s learn’t anything since Baku or last season in general?
All I expect is to come away with our dignity intact, so let’s wait and see!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Why are we wearing the blue third shirt for this? Yellow at Anfield.....end of.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Since my project team moved to a building in a different part of the city I've not had to listen to the utter gash the two armchair mousers used to spew out in the old building.

But was at a meeting today in the old place and sure enough bumped into one of them on the way in. Same old tosser deluded stupidity from the gormless prick about "this is our year we'll win the quadruple we'll beat Arsenal 6-0 on Saturday we'll blah blah blah". :roll:

I responded with "yeah you should try and get over for a game sometime huh?" without sounding sarcastic or spiteful. He just looked at me like I'd asked him the hardest question he'd ever been asked in his life. It was hilarious. I reckon the thick cùnt is still stood there now, trying to figure out was I being genuinely chatty or ripping the piss. :oops: :lol:

For those pair of thick fuckers I'd love to even just this once do them 4-0 up there.