Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Maybe it's just me but I'd have preferred for that 3rd goal a quick pass to Pepe for his first goal and a much needed confidence boost!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why the feck did pepe stop running had he continued it would have been a tap in :roll: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That's three now. At least the final this year is in a genuinely European shithole rather than a sweaty empty Asian oil town.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ceballos playing keep possession there - he needs to explain that to the rest of the team

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Are we in the final yet?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Saka was mustard in preseason- he tore real madrid apart.

Both him and Martinez did very well - i like the way Martinez released the ball very early it gave us momentum.

I think Dick got the tactics better tonight - 451 allows us to hunt the midfield in pairs and break their play up then use our pace.

The back four actually looked disciplined and the two fuck ups didnt.

Eintracht had never lost at home in the EL.

A 2-0 win would have been a fair result. But we got a win and a very rare clean sheet. :barscarf:

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

The blackness, flag waving and droning chanting has a mildly disturbing feel about it. Atmosphere like a Nuremberg rally.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

There were some good performances tonight but still worrying that although we won 3-0 they still had 28 attempts, I dont want to take anything away because in the main we played well but as was said after the match we have the highest attempts against in the league by a large margin. What can UE do to change that trend?

Thankfully tonight Frankfurts shooting in the main was poor, mind you so was ours a few times, but against some of the strikers in the PL they wont miss. I feel quite often we defend far too narrowly and this allows players to get crosses in easily, this needs addressing if things are to improve.

Saka and Martinez were out best players and strangely Xhaka and Mustafi did well by their usual standards, Lucas still looks a little off the pace but is getting back to it, ESR looked out of position and Chambers was hit and miss, better going forward than defending, Sead was ok but Luiz is a calamity always waiting to happen, Joe was ok but he needs to be a bit less 'Wilshire', holding the ball to long or trying too much, on the plus side his ankles dont seem to be glass! Pepe still looks lost most of the time, Auba was Auba, Dani seemed to settle things down a bit when he came on trying to keep a measure of control and retention, AMN had next to nothing to do by the time he came on.

It's not a game to go down in European history but I'll take the result and improved performance over the Watford debacle any day :barscarf: :wink: :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:24 pm
There were some good performances tonight but still worrying that although we won 3-0 they still had 28 attempts, I
And we had 16.

They only had 9 on target. We had 6.

Many of their attempts were skyed way over too.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
There were some good performances tonight but still worrying that although we won 3-0 they still had 28 attempts, I dont want to take anything away because in the main we played well but as was said after the match we have the highest attempts against in the league by a large margin. What can UE do to change that trend?

Thankfully tonight Frankfurts shooting in the main was poor, mind you so was ours a few times, but against some of the strikers in the PL they wont miss. I feel quite often we defend far too narrowly and this allows players to get crosses in easily, this needs addressing if things are to improve.

Saka and Martinez were out best players and strangely Xhaka and Mustafi did well by their usual standards, Lucas still looks a little off the pace but is getting back to it, ESR looked out of position and Chambers was hit and miss, better going forward than defending, Sead was ok but Luiz is a calamity always waiting to happen, Joe was ok but he needs to be a bit less 'Wilshire', holding the ball to long or trying too much, on the plus side his ankles dont seem to be glass! Pepe still looks lost most of the time, Auba was Auba, Dani seemed to settle things down a bit when he came on trying to keep a measure of control and retention, AMN had next to nothing to do by the time he came on.

It's not a game to go down in European history but I'll take the result and improved performance over the Watford debacle any day :barscarf: :wink: :wink:

Are you on first name terms with many of the squad ? :rubchin: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm
Maybe it's just me but I'd have preferred for that 3rd goal a quick pass to Pepe for his first goal and a much needed confidence boost!

Same thought crossed my mind too

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fucking hell, put money on us conceding a penalty, especially with Luiz, Xhaka and Mustafi playing in the same team, thought it was guaranteed :banghead:

Teach me to bet on an Arsenal match. :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

Quite simply - spend some fucking money on decent defenders!!

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:04 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Same thought crossed my mind too
Looking back at the goal, Pepe had run offside so doesn't really matter (apart from showing Pepes lack of awareness)

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:56 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Quite simply - spend some fucking money on decent defenders!!

We are expecting three of our first choice back 4 to return in the next month