Manc Filth (A) 30/09 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Manc Filth (A) 30/09 @ 20:00

Post by herbert »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:29 am
Re-watched the highlights and Yup! Xhakawanka DID Duck.

Leno, Chambers, Douzer, Saka and Auba, Torreira all did very well

I know we are paying for Pepe in installments but has anybody explained to him that that doesn't mean he has to play in installments. :?

Emery keeps setting up the team defensively for the games we need to be in "Attack Mode" ... As someone said okay he has got the ball rolling after tof, but we need a proper coach/manager to come in in May.

Allegri ?? <kneeling and praying>
He did not duck,he put is head down to head the ball and it deflected of Sokratis? yes he is not liked by many but to say he ducked out of the way is bollox and the slow motion confirms he put his head where the ball was going before the deflection,but you crack on with your DID duck
:blah: :blah: :blah: bullshit

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Kieran Tierney may miss international duty with Scotland as part of what has been described as a ‘phased return to match fitness’ but he is available for Arsenal’s Europa League match on Thursday and therefore no fresh injury setback.

Now Augie, and ye looks like he was rested for Thurs game

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:00 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

I know we are paying for Pepe in installments but has anybody explained to him that that doesn't mean he has to play in installments. :?

Emery keeps setting up the team defensively for the games we need to be in "Attack Mode" ... As someone said okay he has got the ball rolling after tof, but we need a proper coach/manager to come in in May.

He did not duck,he put is head down to head the ball and it deflected of Sokratis? yes he is not liked by many but to say he ducked out of the way is bollox and the slow motion confirms he put his head where the ball was going before the deflection,but you crack on with your DID duck
What ever it was it was a shite attempt. Why even try to stupidly header it? Jump up and make your body big

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Stayed over in a Travelodge afterwards and I’m pleased to report that the bed was so so comfy! Apart from the pre match drinking this was possibly the highlight of the trip up there. This United side is the most ordinary team they’ve had for years and Emery goes for that line up?
Saka is a real prospect and at the moment should be an automatic selection. Pepe has no confidence and looks scared of doing anything but cutting inside and floating an aimless ball too long.
The jury is definitely out over the manager. He’s fucked having made Xhaka captain and now compelled to start him. He doesn’t deserve his place. Put Dozi and Lucas in front of the back 4 and the Spaniard in the No.10 role to create.
This squad has definitely got potential but I fear this Manager isn’t the person to get the best out of them.
Onwards and upwards.

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:28 am
herbert wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

What ever it was it was a shite attempt. Why even try to stupidly header it? Jump up and make your body big
I dont see it as a shite attempt and he didnt need to jump up the ball was going towards his head and no deflection then it hits him on the head

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:43 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
herbert wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I dont see it as a shite attempt and he didnt need to jump up the ball was going towards his head and no deflection then it hits him on the head
If he jumps and makes himself big he has blocked it. He put his head down and took his eyes off the ball.

I stopped typing and watched it again. He could of just stood there and took it on the chest. So for me it was a poor attempt to block the ball.

https://youtu.be/4XdAy8G8izQ

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:04 pm
herbert wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
herbert wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

If he jumps and makes himself big he has blocked it. He put his head down and took his eyes off the ball.

I stopped typing and watched it again. He could of just stood there and took it on the chest. So for me it was a poor attempt to block the ball.

You dont take it on the chest when its going towards your head

We will have to disagree on this one

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
herbert wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
herbert wrote:

He clearly drops his head to chest height but yes will have to agree to disagree.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not to mention him hauling down some manc player as he tracked back in the build up to their goal.......brainless idiot :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:38 pm
Not to mention him hauling down some manc player as he tracked back in the build up to their goal.......brainless idiot :roll:
We can all agree on that :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
:rubchin: Yep :lol:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
I'll give him that one, if he didn't put down that player it would've been an easy cut across ball for a tap in.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
You don't want Allegri at Arsenal, trust me. Max is a type of coach that will and has done well with teams that have a budget and squad to work with. He needs his own set of players and they are usually expensive. We don't have the first one and we have half of the second one. He will do well at teams like City, Bayern, BVB not Arsenal because we need to start from the foundation and move up. Not a lot of coaches are good with what we need at Arsenal; building the squad up with fundamentals whilst also being in the discussion to win things every year. Usually it is one or the other and we want best of both world because we have been in denial for so long that the club needs, what is called in the NBA, a rebuild. Sell your franchise player, start from the bottom and build a team.

ten Hag is the only coach that has reasonably done this and it can be seen from the success (domestic and Europe) Ajax has had since 2016 or so.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
:lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:36 pm
herbert wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
herbert wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

He clearly drops his head to chest height but yes will have to agree to disagree.

Sory to drag this up but I hadn't seen the clip since last night and I think that you both have a point - welcome to Jock's Mediation Service :lol:

Xhaka isn't ducking, he is trying to flick the ball away with his head but unfortunately he is so slow and useless that the ball is past him before he does anything which makes it look like a duck and looks even worse in slow motion. I do think that the clown should have anticipated the shot and jumped early but I refer you to my earlier point he is too slow and useless so it's academic which way he fu.cks it up :roll:

My invoice is on it's way gents :lol: