Manc Filth (A) 30/09 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Manc Filth (A) 30/09 @ 20:00

Post by augie »

While we are on the subject of manc filth, have a look at this pearler from the absolute c.unt that is roy keane …..

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... d-memories

PV4 would only be a squad player in that manure team ?? You are having a fcuking laff :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Taking Torreira off instead of Xhaka or Pepe turned the game into rush goalies. Taking Saka off who was our best player was bordering on the criminally insane. As others have said Emery is now reminding me of the last year's of the Wenger era. He is so out of his depth he needs the coast guard. We actually have a half decent squad when fit which with luck could do well but with this clown at the helm we will achieve nothing. The decision not to buy Saha and plump for Pepe will haunt us especially when we want to sell him . I hope I'm wrong but he is looking like the biggest flop in premier league football history !

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:26 am
While we are on the subject of manc filth, have a look at this pearler from the absolute c.unt that is roy keane …..

PV4 would only be a squad player in that manure team ?? You are having a fcuking laff :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

He's just a try hard.

Paddy V has a nice medal collection that he can only dream off

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:26 am

Keane is presented as some sort of truth teller but in reality he is like every media whore, just says things to get a reaction and because he does it with a scowl on his face, the idiot media eats it up. He is a more advanced version of Adrian Durham, which is quite pathetic for someone with the career he has had.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 am
Taking Torreira off instead of Xhaka or Pepe turned the game into rush goalies. Taking Saka off who was our best player was bordering on the criminally insane. As others have said Emery is now reminding me of the last year's of the Wenger era. He is so out of his depth he needs the coast guard. We actually have a half decent squad when fit which with luck could do well but with this clown at the helm we will achieve nothing. The decision not to buy Saha and plump for Pepe will haunt us especially when we want to sell him . I hope I'm wrong but he is looking like the biggest flop in premier league football history !
Agree that i am finding very difficult to support Emery. I am looking for improvement and it just ain't there. The performances just don't show a team progressing but rather bumbling their way through games.
1 win in 5 PL games tells the story. No wins against last seasons top 6 in Liverpool, Spurs or a very poor United.
We are as bad defensively as when he walked through the door in 2018.
He is way too cautious in his play and i don't feel the players are taking to his tactics at all.
A midfield that has no creativity is nullifying what should be one of the PL best attacks. Only Auba is keeping us in games.
Defensively, we all know any attack can lead to a goal against us.
I love his enthusiasm and he wants to do well for the club and for that i will never slate him but that is not enough.
A change sooner rather than later is needed i think.

PS - Give Pepe a chance. He's only just come into the side and into the PL. He will be ok.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm
I just watched that foul on saka. That was shameful.

you argue for a straight red there. Another touch and hes clean through.

Even a yellow and their back four is vulnerable.

Thank fuck for VAR or else we would have been robbed again.
The linesman who flagged offside should never work again, absolutely ridiculous decision

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:24 pm
If Auba gets injured we are fucked, he's keeping emery in a job, remind me who wanted him sold :rubchin: :lol:
Aubameyang’s season so far:

Winner v Newcastle
Winner v Burnley
___ v Liverpool
Equaliser v Spurs
Two goals v Watford
Goal v Frankfurt
Winner v Aston Villa
Equaliser v Man United

Shit mate :wink:
Fucking sell him, put Xaha upfront :D

augie

Post by augie »

Has there been any word on why Tierney wasn't in the squad last night ? :?

herbert

Post by herbert »

Some one on this thread said that it was like watching 2 drunks fighting over a can of warm tennents super :lol: I agree

Hopefully Dick gets Bellerin Tierney and Holding into the starting 11 asap as I have a feeling they could save his job and give a balance to the team that will take us onwards and upwards

All you footballing experts accusing Xhaka of ducking away from that shot need to take another look :shock: :lol:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

herbert wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:18 am

Hopefully Dick gets Bellerin Tierney and Holding into the starting 11 asap as I have a feeling they could save his job and give a balance to the team that will take us onwards and upwards
Lets hope they dont.Sack Emery and get Allegri before United get him

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:03 am
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm
I just watched that foul on saka. That was shameful.

you argue for a straight red there. Another touch and hes clean through.

Even a yellow and their back four is vulnerable.

Thank fuck for VAR or else we would have been robbed again.
The linesman who flagged offside should never work again, absolutely ridiculous decision
Just seen the video from Sky cheating dirty scumbag Neville saying at the time.."it looked close" despicable lying slag

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Kieran Tierney has suffered an injury setback and pulled out of the Scotland squad. Huge doubt for Thursday now. Still struggling after comeback. #AFC #Arsenal

Reports circulating of an injury setback for Kieran Tierney. Word I'm getting is there has been no setback and he is available for Thursday night. He may not be part of the Scotland squad announced later, but it's all part of a carefully planned return to full fitness.

Hope that's clearer for you Augie.
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Two years in a row we have drawn up there when they were there for the taking. Although maybe they will be thinking the same about us! :roll:

Our away performances are mostly dreadful though. There is no killer instinct in this side. There are some good individuals but as a team they cannot smell blood or sense danger. And more than a year into the job that has to be down to the manager!

We needed to get rid of Wenger but in terms of style, discipline and organisation, nothing much has changed. Our games are absolute chaos at times.

Our home form might be good enough to get a top 4 spot in a dreadful league but who cares really?! I'm not celebrating top 4 unless we've got a chance of competing in the CL. If we do scrape in we'll only be there to make up the numbers like we were for the last few seasons Wenger was manager!

Agree with most about Pepe too. Absolutely useless so far. One shocking effort blasted over and some very sloppy passing. The only pass he played that got through was where the Man Utd player slipped and Saka had a chance. Saka looks so much better than Pepe. Pepe needs to be dropped. He is not being picked on merit but then he's not the only one that applies too.

And that brings me on to Xhaka! What more can we say? Game after game he does the same things and game after game he starts! Torreira hasnt looked as good as he did to begin with but he is never given 90 mins and isnt being played in his best position so maybe this is another self-inflicted problem?

My last hope for this season and for Emery is that Holding, Bellerin and Tierney making us significantly better - assuming he picks them. But unless Xhaka picks up a serious injury (why does it never happen to players like that? :banghead: ) then we'll always be playing below par.

I am sick to death of watching a team under-performing because of questionable managerial decisions. Its been this way for over 10 years! :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Re-watched the highlights and Yup! Xhakawanka DID Duck.

Leno, Chambers, Douzer, Saka and Auba, Torreira all did very well

I know we are paying for Pepe in installments but has anybody explained to him that that doesn't mean he has to play in installments. :?

Emery keeps setting up the team defensively for the games we need to be in "Attack Mode" ... As someone said okay he has got the ball rolling after tof, but we need a proper coach/manager to come in in May.

Allegri ?? <kneeling and praying>

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:56 am
Kieran Tierney has suffered an injury setback and pulled out of the Scotland squad. Huge doubt for Thursday now. Still struggling after comeback. #AFC #Arsenal

Reports circulating of an injury setback for Kieran Tierney. Word I'm getting is there has been no setback and he is available for Thursday night. He may not be part of the Scotland squad announced later, but it's all part of a carefully planned return to full fitness.

Hope that's clearer for you Augie.

Not a bit mc - he has suffered an injury setback, he hasn't suffered an injury set back. Which is it ? I would be beyond rage if he didn't play last night cos he was being kept for Thursday night