Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clummo123

Re: Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

Post by clummo123 »

Christ don't take my points as fact! :lol:

I just posted (or tried to :oops: ) a tweet made by the official club photographer just for discussion purposes.

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:03 pm

My eldest lads first appearance at an AFC game was that game where eboue was booed - he was only 5 years old at the time and couldn't understand why our fans were booing one of their own players :lol: :lol:
I remember this guy's reaction to it!

:shock: 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

clummo123 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm
Christ don't take my points as fact! :lol:

I just posted (or tried to :oops: ) a tweet made by the official club photographer just for discussion purposes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

See the trouble you've caused :lol: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm thinking of calling my mate Gerry in West Belfast and see if he can make Xhaka "disappear" !

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:18 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:16 am
at least Mark Clattenberg can see what happened...FFS is was an obvious dive

Referee Martin Atkinson was right to book the Palace man for simulation. He was in a perfect position to make the call, too. Calum Chambers' leg was planted and Zaha threw himself to the ground. Atkinson spotted his ploy and produced a yellow card.

Fucking Zaha cheated and yes hes good at it......still a *word censored*

As for sokratis winner, absolutely nothing wrong with it....who can explain why is not allowed???
Whilst Zaha made a meal out of it, it was a cast iron penalty for Palace. We were 20 yards away in the North Lower, and every Gooner to a man said it was a pen real time. When Atkinson gave us a free-kick and booked Zaha it was just met with howls of laughter. OFC, VAR was always going to award a pen unless its a penalty to Arsenal it would seem. VAR doesn't even itself out over a season like poor refereeing decisions it would appear.

VAR has now cost us 7 points from my reckoning by dodgy decisions.

What I don't get is how 10,000 Gooners could see it was a clear pen, how couldn't Atkinson?
fair enough. thats your opinion ..i believe it was not a penalty thats my opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewC8ychK578

I had a better view than pretty much every camera angle right in line with Zaha in the lower tier. The Arsenal commentator even said it was a pen 100%.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Oliver Holt - "I don't blame Xhaka for what he did. Not one bit. Funny when so-called fans abuse a player like that and cry and whine when he gives it back".

This is hilarious, our fan-base is mild at best when it comes to abuse. Imagine justifying the actions of Xhaka. There really are *word censored* out there who think you should shut up and blindly support the club, no matter what shit we as fans are subjected to.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 pm
Oliver Holt - "I don't blame Xhaka for what he did. Not one bit. Funny when so-called fans abuse a player like that and cry and whine when he gives it back".

This is hilarious, our fan-base is mild at best when it comes to abuse. Imagine justifying the actions of Xhaka. There really are *word censored* out there who think you should shut up and blindly support the club, no matter what shit we as fans are subjected to.

Without doubt oliver holt is THE most arrogant full of his own importance arsehole to every grace the media profession - I hate what he says, I hate the way he says it with an aloof attitude, and I hate everything about him :evil: :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

BFG4 wrote:

In many ways it's Emery's fault - he keeps picking Xhaka when everyone knows he shouldn't be a regular, if he's on the bench for most games then he simply doesn't get this flack, Emery has hung him out to dry and may well have hung himself in the process as well.

I hope by the end of January (latest) neither of them are still at the club.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:57 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:18 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:16 am
at least Mark Clattenberg can see what happened...FFS is was an obvious dive

Referee Martin Atkinson was right to book the Palace man for simulation. He was in a perfect position to make the call, too. Calum Chambers' leg was planted and Zaha threw himself to the ground. Atkinson spotted his ploy and produced a yellow card.

Fucking Zaha cheated and yes hes good at it......still a *word censored*

As for sokratis winner, absolutely nothing wrong with it....who can explain why is not allowed???
Whilst Zaha made a meal out of it, it was a cast iron penalty for Palace. We were 20 yards away in the North Lower, and every Gooner to a man said it was a pen real time. When Atkinson gave us a free-kick and booked Zaha it was just met with howls of laughter. OFC, VAR was always going to award a pen unless its a penalty to Arsenal it would seem. VAR doesn't even itself out over a season like poor refereeing decisions it would appear.

VAR has now cost us 7 points from my reckoning by dodgy decisions.

What I don't get is how 10,000 Gooners could see it was a clear pen, how couldn't Atkinson?

fair enough. thats your opinion ..i believe it was not a penalty thats my opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewC8ychK578

I had a better view than pretty much every camera angle right in line with Zaha in the lower tier. The Arsenal commentator even said it was a pen 100%.
Definite pen imo.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:29 pm
BFG4 wrote:

In many ways it's Emery's fault - he keeps picking Xhaka when everyone knows he shouldn't be a regular, if he's on the bench for most games then he simply doesn't get this flack, Emery has hung him out to dry and may well have hung himself in the process as well.

Well the season just got interesting :lol:

Haven't enjoyed myself at the bowl that much for a while. Being in the cIock end we were treated to a close up of Xhaka's pathetic attempt to block the cross for their second which summed the cretin up perfectly. Why even bother to cover back if you're not going to try and block the cross. Then he got subbed and it all got good :lol: I was screaming at Xhaka to throw the shirt after he took it off, literally screaming as that would have been curtains for the jumped up twat but he just screwed it up and held onto it. Basta.rd :x Now we are going to have to listen to some of our little flowers spouting togetherness on social media and how we have to forgive him :blah:

Ollie Holt is a sanctimonious prick who talks the biggest load of conceited bollox on the Sunday Supplement. He is an out and out wet so I would have expected nothing else from him.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BFG4 wrote:

Pisses me off how these fucking journos seem to hold us to a different set of principles. We were never supposed to criticise Wenger, even after untold years of unadulterated crap, yet Utd and Liverpool....even Newcastle !....are perfectly entitled to hound the manager after half a season of slightly iffy performances.

Holt was one of the worst for criticising any anti Wenger sentiment. Fuck him.

Clash

Post by Clash »

A cat that is bored or irritated with being stroked (or having something stuck up its arse ... you know who you are!) does not have the option of saying ''please doing that stop''. Its only option is to scratch or bite you! Then the poor cat is labelled as vicious!

Similarly booing, however primitive it might sound to some of the middle classes that attend the modern day sporting arenas, is still the only real way of protesting against something for the majority. Writing in with: ''Dear Unai, please stop picking Xhaka, he's not very good'' etc. will not really cut it.

Like Augie, I cannot stand Holt or his pontificating. I have no or little respect for the views of most of these media types who are as much on the gravy trains as everyone else in the game!
Last edited by Clash on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Well said Jock and Retro!

It does seem there is a different set of rules for Arsenal fans :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

Haven't enjoyed myself at the bowl that much for a while. Being in the cIock end we were treated to a close up of Xhaka's pathetic attempt to block the cross for their second which summed the cretin up perfectly. Why even bother to cover back if you're not going to try and block the cross. Then he got subbed and it all got good :lol: I was screaming at Xhaka to throw the shirt after he took it off, literally screaming as that would have been curtains for the jumped up twat but he just screwed it up and held onto it. Basta.rd :x Now we are going to have to listen to some of our little flowers spouting togetherness on social media and how we have to forgive him :blah:

Ollie Holt is a sanctimonious prick who talks the biggest load of conceited bollox on the Sunday Supplement. He is an out and out wet so I would have expected nothing else from him.

Hey Jock, looks like it might just be the time for that keelhauling !!

:lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

Hey Jock, looks like it might just be the time for that keelhauling !!

:lol: :lol:

It's always keelhauling time mate, welcome aboard :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: