Wolves H Sat 2nd Nov KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Wolves H Sat 2nd Nov KO 3pm

Post by falkirk goon »

2up against Palarse and fail to win..3-1 4-2 and 5-4 up at dipperville against their stiffs and fail to win..Next up a team who we were lucky to get a point from the 2 games against them last season :rubchin: 1-1 or 1-2

clummo123

Re: Wolves H Sat 2nd Nov KO 3pm

Post by clummo123 »

Espirito Santo is a very decent manager imo. Knows how to set his team up, good tactically and his players play for him.

If only ours did.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Seriously, does anyone even care anymore?

Worse thing is I was reading on Monday that 6 people were in the running for the managers job.....including Viera, Arteta & Allegri. Allegri......and we went with Emery. I wonder if it's too late :? :? Probably. because we'll wait for the ceiling to come down on our heads before "making our move", which will take another 6 months....And no doubt get the wrong bloke again :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Turgid draw on Saturday before a serious mauling the following week.................

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:31 am

Worse thing is I was reading on Monday that 6 people were in the running for the managers job.....including Viera, Arteta & Allegri. Allegri......and we went with Emery. I wonder if it's too late :? :? Probably. because we'll wait for the ceiling to come down on our heads before "making our move", which will take another 6 months....And no doubt get the wrong bloke again :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Turgid draw on Saturday before a serious mauling the following week.................
Making the wrong choice is not a surprise when we remind ourselves that Gazidis made the appointment though. That guy was fucking clueless from day one. A complete snake who slithered off when it suited him after years off bullshit! :censored:

Know what you mean about not caring. I’m still not back in the dark days of Wenger’s latter years but it is starting to feel like results don’t matter that much anymore because we’re just seeing the same thing week after week.

NickF

Post by NickF »

What I don't get is why has no one else snapped up Allegri? You would have thought he would be in very high demand, is he taking a break?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

We were too stupid to go for Allegri and he is no doubt waiting for a club that suits his ambitions which is far more likely to be manure than us I fear.

He took a year out and has been learning English according to the Italian press.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

IMO Allegri is a bit like Guardiola and will only be interested in a club that spends big.

I certainly wouldn't turn him away if the chance came but a lot of his Juve success was built on the foundations left by their previous manager, Conte.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 pm
IMO Allegri is a bit like Guardiola and will only be interested in a club that spends big.

I certainly wouldn't turn him away if the chance came but a lot of his Juve success was built on the foundations left by their previous manager, Conte.
Yes I thought it was the case that we went for him but once he saw our grand plan (loooooool) he said f*ck that, Emery certainly made sense (for them) because it was a far easier appointment, another yes man that would 'work within the limits', they'd probably get away with it as well if we played at least decent football, we're on the way down and playing dire football, even our very accepting fanbase wont tollerate that for long.

As for this game I really don't care, we'll play s**t and whether we scrape a win, or lose/draw makes little odds in the long turn, we'll very likely get our pants pulled down at Leicester in the next game and the useless pricks running our London soccerball franchise will just shrug.

So that is all I do now, shrug, no point investing time, effort, money, emotion in something when no one else does apart from the fans.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:

It's gonna be Eddie fucking Howe next May isn't it....

:suicide:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:43 pm
xisstential wrote:

Why not....why not indeed :| :roll: :? :shock:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Or Sean Dyche?! :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:

You Take That Back !!!

:shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:wink:

Not only will they out play/run/pass us. But Espirito Santo will totally out Tactic dickead. :x :banghead:

What IS Weird is that every time I hear or read or say his name Espirito Santo I keep going to either make the sign of the cross or genuflect :? :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I wonder if Ozil or Torreira will play, if they dont and Xhaka does it could be very hostile for UE if things go awry, I'm not saying Ozil should play but Lucas should, if they dont and Xhaka is even on the bench it could get tetchy real quick depending on the performance :rubchin:

I think this will be 2-2 at best :?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We won't win.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:

We don't have an emoticon extreme enough for that. If anyone can source an "Earth exploding" emoticon let me know. :wink: