The Managers Sack Race (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Which manager shall be sacked next?

Dick
39%
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
11%
Ralph Hassehutti
14%
Marco Silva
25%
Manuel Pellegrini
No votes
Mauricio Pochettino
7%
Quique Sanchez Flores
4%
Steve Bruce
No votes
Roy Hodgson
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

Rian1

Re: Poch Gone

Post by Rian1 »

Clash wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm
Its fitting that for a while at least, one of footballs most vile :censored: is manager for football's most scum-infested club. A match made in the depths of the sewers if ever there was one :censored:
Mourinho is toxic but wherever he has been, he has won something - even in the midst of the toxicity, he has won.

As I said previously, lost dressing room + toxic manager and domestic success in 3 years' time or playing 'fooootball the Arsenal way' and remain this shit. I know what I'd choose to see some success.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

oaodan wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:48 am
Won league at Chelsea in 2015.Seems like yesterday compared to length we are/will be waiting for a proper trophy.I hope he does destroy from within but I fear he may have learned a few lessons at Utd and will do well. Expectations will be lower at Scum.He could easily deliver regular top 4 and a shot at the odd trophy.That looks like more than we will do.
I think this has been overlooked.
he has only had relative failure at Man United but even then he won them the Europa League.

the point is that with this appointment Spurs have shown some ambition and a desire to win trophies.
Arsenal have shown none of that for years.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 am
BBC Football:

Ex-Arsenal defender Martin Keown believes the Gunners should consider appointing former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino. (Mail)
Didn't ex Arsenal defender Martin Keown firmly support Arsene Wenger and didn't he tell Arsenal fans to be careful what they wished for..?
I think Pochettino would be an upgrade on Emery , but not big enough of an upgrade to go through the whole drama of it. Emery isn't up to it, but I would hope the replacement would be a massive step up , Poch wouldn't be that.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:32 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 am
BBC Football:

Ex-Arsenal defender Martin Keown believes the Gunners should consider appointing former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino. (Mail)
Didn't ex Arsenal defender Martin Keown firmly support Arsene Wenger and didn't he tell Arsenal fans to be careful what they wished for..?
I think Pochettino would be an upgrade on Emery , but not big enough of an upgrade to go through the whole drama of it. Emery isn't up to it, but I would hope the replacement would be a massive step up , Poch wouldn't be that.

Keown....fine on the pitch when he was playing but as we have found out very quickly a bit of a clueless cock off it since he hung up his boots.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think we've given these pair of cocks and their scum club enough air time here. Gonna merge it into the sack race thread with a slight renaming.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:12 pm
I think we've given these pair of cocks and their scum club enough air time here. Gonna merge it into the sack race thread with a slight renaming.
Could call it "Maureen's Got The Pox" :D

All joking aside I too am hoping that this goes totally pear shaped for scum and maureen, two of the most loathesome, self ingratiating entities in modern football, but there is also the possibility that it might work; there is always a slim chance of things turning out different to what we hope and predict.

scum have some good players and they will definitely get a bounce from the managerial change, whether that boost will turn into a consistent change for the better we'll see in time.
As for maureen regardless of his previous successes, he is an arrogant preck with no humility who actually believes the drivel and nastiness that oozes from his gob, but I think he may still may have one last trick up his sleeve and maybe this latest appointment is it?
The fact that he let it be known in the media that he was available to take over at Arsenal, something I was dreading, but the Only Reason he did that was because he wanted the footballing world to know that he was bored being a pundit and needed to get back into management, and it worked, his ability to manipulate the salivating cuntsbags in the media hasn't changed. Also Levy bought it hook, line & sinker. maureen knew he could and would Never come to Arsenal ; his history with wenger and the fans was far too toxic.

So now he is at the helm of a team who have failed season in season out their only success was the league cup in 1999 and 2008, IF you can call that success.

In some ways it is one of the biggest gambles ever, cos if (hopefully when) it all goes tits up, both parties will be the laughing stock of sport. Something they both thoroughly Deserve.

So

"Time Will Tell"

As for Emery, the sooner he goes the better, and the sooner we can try and 'Get Our Arsenal Back' :cry:

It's going to be a Looong Winter and a Long, Loooooooooooooong season. :? :cry:

CloakedGooner

Re: The Sack Race

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:42 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:19 pm
Podgie it is :barscarf:

I voted for him 8)
I was wondering who gave him the other vote. :D :wink:
:high5:

OneBardGooner

Re: The Sack Race

Post by OneBardGooner »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:42 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:19 pm
Podgie it is :barscarf:

I voted for him 8)
I was wondering who gave him the other vote. :D :wink:
:high5:

How sweet would that be, to win a trophy before they do under podgie! :D

augie

Re: The Managers Sack Race (merged thread)

Post by augie »

Pellegrini has to be getting very close to his P45 - spent a lot of money and today looked absolutely devoid of ideas or passion. They are on a really poor run and are another club who cant afford to have a struggling team in a big shiny new stadium.

Hard to believe that the shammers are paying their manager more than we are paying ours, and clubs like Southampton are paying their managers the same as emery is getting :shock: :shock: Whether emery is worth his salary or not is a different dicussion, but surely higher clubs would be paying their managers more ?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Rian1 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am
Clash wrote:
Its fitting that for a while at least, one of footballs most vile :censored: is manager for football's most scum-infested club. A match made in the depths of the sewers if ever there was one :censored:
Mourinho is toxic but wherever he has been, he has won something - even in the midst of the toxicity, he has won.

As I said previously, lost dressing room + toxic manager and domestic success in 3 years' time or playing 'fooootball the Arsenal way' and remain this shit. I know what I'd choose to see some success.
Emery will be gone after the next league match a 0-2 defeat away at Norwich

Who else is there ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:52 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am
Clash wrote:

Emery will be gone after the next league match a 0-2 defeat away at Norwich

Who else is there ?
Vic Akers! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Like it or not Spurs are in the same place Chelski were in 2004. This is prime mourinho territory. I fear that he will take them to the next level. If you think failure is winning one domestic trophy, and one European trophy and finishing runners up to a team that won the league with a history making 100 points, then you are totally delusional and detached from the world of football.
It was his arrogance that lost him that united job. As I said earlier Spurs are in prime condition for Mourinho to take them up a level. By all accounts he turned the Arsenal job down because of the management structure of Sanllehi and Edu being in charge of footballing matters, otherwise we would've seen him start as our manager on Saturday, not as spurs manager.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Like it or not Spurs are in the same place Chelski were in 2004. This is prime mourinho territory. I fear that he will take them to the next level. If you think failure is winning one domestic trophy, and one European trophy and finishing runners up to a team that won the league with a history making 100 points, then you are totally delusional and detached from the world of football.
It was his arrogance that lost him that united job. As I said earlier Spurs are in prime condition for Mourinho to take them up a level. By all accounts he turned the Arsenal job down because of the management structure of Sanllehi and Edu being in charge of footballing matters, otherwise we would've seen him start as our manager on Saturday, not as spurs manager.

Are you shitting me ?? You are comparing a club about to go on a ground breaking spending spree (the 2004 chavs), with the tightest wealthiest club in world football ?? In 2004 abramovich was embarking on his policy where they were firing £50 notes on the lawns of every club around, and if you think that levy will bankroll that type of spending to allow moaninho to challenge for the big prizes then you are seriously deluded.
The chavs also had key players at the right age (pikey and lumpolard) whilst the scum's key players (Eriksson, alderweld, vertonghen etc) are all either too old or on their way out the door on free transfers.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Marco Silva will be gone in the next 24 hours.

He'll soon pop up somewhere else with his dossier though - he won a few games at Hull and Watford don't you know?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

United getting bullied to fuck by Sheffield United

10th in the table a third of the way through the season with games before Xmas against the vermin and City away.

How many teams realistically could be looking at new managers pre-Christmas - United, Everton, West Ham and ourselves. Rafa Benitez name popping up for both West Ham and Everton. More chance of plaiting fog than Allegri. If Emery goes I'm almost certain it would be Freddie as caretaker