The Managers Sack Race (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Which manager shall be sacked next?

Dick
39%
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
11%
Ralph Hassehutti
14%
Marco Silva
25%
Manuel Pellegrini
No votes
Mauricio Pochettino
7%
Quique Sanchez Flores
4%
Steve Bruce
No votes
Roy Hodgson
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

Ernie71

Re: The Managers Sack Race (merged thread)

Post by Ernie71 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:22 pm
United getting bullied to fuck by Sheffield United

10th in the table a third of the way through the season with games before Xmas against the vermin and City away.

How many teams realistically could be looking at new managers pre-Christmas - United, Everton, West Ham and ourselves. Rafa Benitez name popping up for both West Ham and Everton. More chance of plaiting fog than Allegri. If Emery goes I'm almost certain it would be Freddie as caretaker
The thing is Emery will still be there long after Silva Pellegrini and Ole have been sacked.Thats what you do with shit managers you sack them.Except if your club's name is Arsenal

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Like it or not Spurs are in the same place Chelski were in 2004. This is prime mourinho territory. I fear that he will take them to the next level. If you think failure is winning one domestic trophy, and one European trophy and finishing runners up to a team that won the league with a history making 100 points, then you are totally delusional and detached from the world of football.
It was his arrogance that lost him that united job. As I said earlier Spurs are in prime condition for Mourinho to take them up a level. By all accounts he turned the Arsenal job down because of the management structure of Sanllehi and Edu being in charge of footballing matters, otherwise we would've seen him start as our manager on Saturday, not as spurs manager.

Are you shitting me ?? You are comparing a club about to go on a ground breaking spending spree (the 2004 chavs), with the tightest wealthiest club in world football ?? In 2004 abramovich was embarking on his policy where they were firing £50 notes on the lawns of every club around, and if you think that levy will bankroll that type of spending to allow moaninho to challenge for the big prizes then you are seriously deluded.
The chavs also had key players at the right age (pikey and lumpolard) whilst the scum's key players (Eriksson, alderweld, vertonghen etc) are all either too old or on their way out the door on free transfers.
He doesn't need millions to fix spurs. They just need tweeking. The two defenders will sign new contracts as they'll realise that they are too old to get a nice juicy signing on fee. He'll get £100m to spend in the summer at best, and that is all he'll need. I hope i'm completly wrong about mourinho and totally flushes it down the lavvy

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Like it or not Spurs are in the same place Chelski were in 2004. This is prime mourinho territory. I fear that he will take them to the next level. If you think failure is winning one domestic trophy, and one European trophy and finishing runners up to a team that won the league with a history making 100 points, then you are totally delusional and detached from the world of football.
It was his arrogance that lost him that united job. As I said earlier Spurs are in prime condition for Mourinho to take them up a level. By all accounts he turned the Arsenal job down because of the management structure of Sanllehi and Edu being in charge of footballing matters, otherwise we would've seen him start as our manager on Saturday, not as spurs manager.

Are you shitting me ?? You are comparing a club about to go on a ground breaking spending spree (the 2004 chavs), with the tightest wealthiest club in world football ?? In 2004 abramovich was embarking on his policy where they were firing £50 notes on the lawns of every club around, and if you think that levy will bankroll that type of spending to allow moaninho to challenge for the big prizes then you are seriously deluded.
The chavs also had key players at the right age (pikey and lumpolard) whilst the scum's key players (Eriksson, alderweld, vertonghen etc) are all either too old or on their way out the door on free transfers.
He doesn't need millions to fix spurs. They just need tweeking. The two defenders will sign new contracts as they'll realise that they are too old to get a nice juicy signing on fee. He'll get £100m to spend in the summer at best, and that is all he'll need. I hope i'm completly wrong about mourinho and totally flushes it down the lavvy

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

There is simply no comparison between the chavs in 04 and the scum now.

The chavs were 80 million in debt and the Russian gangster cleared that and gave a young Moron-hio 200 million (and that's 15 years ago) to buy a team. Moron-hio had done his homework on English football and realised that a negative defensive style with a couple of top strikers and attacking mids could win that league.

Roll forward to 2019 and Moron-hio, like Wenger, is yesterday's man. The game has passed him by. And the scum will not give him the modern equivalent of 200 million to pop on buying a team to win the PL.