The Managers Sack Race (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Which manager shall be sacked next?

Dick
39%
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
11%
Ralph Hassehutti
14%
Marco Silva
25%
Manuel Pellegrini
No votes
Mauricio Pochettino
7%
Quique Sanchez Flores
4%
Steve Bruce
No votes
Roy Hodgson
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

CloakedGooner

The Managers Sack Race (merged thread)

Post by CloakedGooner »

With a few managers under pressure, i thought it would be fun to have a poll to see who everyone thinks is most likely to be the first to be relieved of their duties! :barscarf:

I added an option for the 9 managers most likely to be sacked (based on odds) and included an "other" option as well.

augie

Re: The Sack Race

Post by augie »

I took off my Gooner hat for this vote and went with my head, and it believes silva will be the next gone

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

As I’ve mentioned, I had £20 at 25/1 a few weeks back on Emery, I will be fucking sick if I miss out by a few days!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:10 pm
As I’ve mentioned, I had £20 at 25/1 a few weeks back on Emery, I will be fucking sick if I miss out by a few days!

Everton away v Southampton this Saturday and if they don't get a positive result (and performance) there, silva will be gone before Sunday morning breakfast, so your "few days" comment might be a bit out :wink: :lol: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 pm
goonersid wrote:

Everton away v Southampton this Saturday and if they don't get a positive result (and performance) there, silva will be gone before Sunday morning breakfast, so your "few days" comment might be a bit out :wink: :lol: :lol:
Still confident emery will go this weekend!
So it could come diwn to hours rather than days

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 pm
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

So it could come down to hours rather than days

Ever the optimist sid :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ole will go first !

Clash

Post by Clash »

At the start of the season I would have gone with Steve Bruce to be sacked first but have now just gone with the majority here and voted Marco Silva.

I don't think Man United will sack weasel face Ole ... I think they will let him resign (because he is a man of integrity :roll: :censored: )

Cannot see Arsenal sacking Emery before the summer either. Not unless something really calamitous happens. If I am wrong I will hold my hands are but Arsenal are far more likely to leave things to fester so that the fans are left to reach boiling point - to steal Xhaka's term :censored:

In contrast notice how Bayern fans never have to protest long and hard against their managers. It's not because they are a better class of fan ... it's because they know their club will do what is necessary the moment standards drop. Arsenal fans are not afforded that luxury :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:41 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 pm
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

So it could come down to hours rather than days

Ever the optimist sid :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sid has Mellowed a Great Deal these past 10 years, you should have been around in the bars outside the bowl when Wenker was on his downward spiral! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Got nothing against Dick as a man he's ok, but he's not the guy to lead Arsenal so let's get rid of him asap.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Like NOW would be good.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would like to think it is/will be Emery, but there are other candidates with less Teflon than him.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

So, with Captain Fantastic now stripped of that honour, and reports that he may leave the club in January, can we expect the players who voted him captain to down tools tonight?(Wednesday)
A poor display and a loss would be enough to see the back of Mr Good ebening.
The beers are on Sid.
Adios Dick

Blim

Post by Blim »

He should never have been made captain in the first place, just need to get rid now in Jan.

Jock Gooner

Poch Gone

Post by Jock Gooner »

Reports that Poch has left the scum..........................