Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Jock Gooner

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:13 pm
Interesting on the poll no votes for Arteta
Was just listening to some tart on Talksport who was discussing the footy tonight. Apparently Arteta is literally a dead cert to be a great manager because he has learnt at the feet of the great one (Pep not TOF before anyone says it :lol: ) :roll: Clearly we have it all wrong :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

That bloke who threw away a 3-1 lead against mighty Braga and spent 150m acheiving what Sean Dyche did spending a fifth

He'd be amazing

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Why isn't Pardew on this list?

:rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:02 pm
That bloke who threw away a 3-1 lead against mighty Braga and spent 150m acheiving what Sean Dyche did spending a fifth

He'd be amazing
Is Sean Dyche your new Diaby mate? :D

:wink:

augie

Post by augie »

I've had my vote for allegri so I know who I would prefer to have in the job, but realistically who can we get ? Was just talking to my eldest there a few minutes ago, and I told him that I cannot remember a time in our history where I am struggling to name one manager that we can get that is good enough to take on the job ? For all the media talk poxychino's wouldn't take the job, would the wolves manager walk away from wolves for our mess ? Would the fat Spanish waiter walk away from a lucrative job in china for our gig ? Would eddie howe be a realistic option for our board ? If we are honest we will agree that Rodgers wont leave Leicester either. I don't think (and hope) that arteta wont leave his cushy job in citeeh for us, so who is left ? PV4 ? Kovac ?

We need a change and we need it today, but appointing Freddie as caretaker until the seasons end will compound the uncertainty and problems in the club, and not cure them and I think appointing him as caretaker for anything over 10 days would be a disaster

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 am
I've had my vote for allegri so I know who I would prefer to have in the job, but realistically who can we get ? Was just talking to my eldest there a few minutes ago, and I told him that I cannot remember a time in our history where I am struggling to name one manager that we can get that is good enough to take on the job ? For all the media talk poxychino's wouldn't take the job, would the wolves manager walk away from wolves for our mess ? Would the fat Spanish waiter walk away from a lucrative job in china for our gig ? Would eddie howe be a realistic option for our board ? If we are honest we will agree that Rodgers wont leave Leicester either. I don't think (and hope) that arteta wont leave his cushy job in citeeh for us, so who is left ? PV4 ? Kovac ?

We need a change and we need it today, but appointing Freddie as caretaker until the seasons end will compound the uncertainty and problems in the club, and not cure them and I think appointing him as caretaker for anything over 10 days would be a disaster
Agreed, we really are at a turning point in our history. If we cannot somehow convince Allegri to give it a go - with some sensible financial backing - then we are potentially looking at a period of 2nd tier managerial options. I have no idea whether Freddie could do something for us until the end of the season but the fact that Allegri is available now surely has to be our final roll of the dice.

The club is a shambles and we need a serious experienced guy who can sort things out. The defence and midfield is still a mess and while I understand people wanting to move on from bitching about TOF's failures a lot of the transfer activity since then has been mediocre on top of the mess he left behind. Whether Dick had much input into some of these transfers who knows but that doesn't detract from the fact that he has failed to make any impression on the team. But my point is that the new guy is going to have a hell of a job on his hands to move things forward. Go for a soft or cheap option and the slide continues. This is shit or bust time folks.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 am
augie wrote:

Agreed, we really are at a turning point in our history. If we cannot somehow convince Allegri to give it a go - with some sensible financial backing - then we are potentially looking at a period of 2nd tier managerial options. I have no idea whether Freddie could do something for us until the end of the season but the fact that Allegri is available now surely has to be our final roll of the dice.

The club is a shambles and we need a serious experienced guy who can sort things out. The defence and midfield is still a mess and while I understand people wanting to move on from bitching about TOF's failures a lot of the transfer activity since then has been mediocre on top of the mess he left behind. Whether Dick had much input into some of these transfers who knows but that doesn't detract from the fact that he has failed to make any impression on the team. But my point is that the new guy is going to have a hell of a job on his hands to move things forward. Go for a soft or cheap option and the slide continues. This is shit or bust time folks.

I agree with 99% of your post, except for the highlighted part - for me allegri is top tier, benitez and poch are maybe 2nd tier, but everyone after that is either 3rd tier or 4th tier (Freddie and arteta are 4th imo). We have a choice …….. aim high and go strong for those options, or aim lower and watch the higher profile/maintainance players take the piss (auba, laca and ozil) knowing that their contracts are out in 2021, and the club will likely sell them on next summer. Players like xhaka can laugh after last nights shambles cos they know that any lasting fcuk ups wont impact on them cos they will be gone

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 am
augie wrote:

I agree with 99% of your post, except for the highlighted part - for me allegri is top tier, benitez and poch are maybe 2nd tier, but everyone after that is either 3rd tier or 4th tier (Freddie and arteta are 4th imo). We have a choice …….. aim high and go strong for those options, or aim lower and watch the higher profile/maintainance players take the piss (auba, laca and ozil) knowing that their contracts are out in 2021, and the club will likely sell them on next summer. Players like xhaka can laugh after last nights shambles cos they know that any lasting fcuk ups wont impact on them cos they will be gone

Yeah, fair comment. I can't believe that we aren't going to at least have a go at landing Allegri. I've just posted on the Unai Emery thread along the same lines as you. Freddie isn't going to have the power to sort out the shit that needs doing as a 6 month caretaker option - it could descend into farce through no fault of his own.

augie

Post by augie »

After allegri, PV4 would probably be my next choice

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... enal-fans/

Actually I just flicked through my first post on this thread when I also mooted allegri and PV4 as my next preference - I am consistent anyway :lol:

Btw, on page 1 I said that emery wasn't leaving anytime soon ……….. does 20 days still qualify as soon ? :rubchin: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by augie on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is the level of replacement we can expect:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07vt4 ... Preview%5D

:(

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Just hope Freddy doesnt do a Solskjaer and get the job permanent

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Me me me me me.

I voted Freddie.

Where's my winnings ?????

:barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SSN reporting we wanted Maureen but the scum got there first - thankfully :lol:

Also reporting that we are in contact with Allegri and that he fancies it :barscarf:

And Ancelotti mentioned as having a strained relationship with the Napoli owners :rubchin:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Allegri contacted :shock: