Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

IW8Goalmachine

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I think we should accept that we wont be getting a top manager

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I have been convinced by an article written by Alan Smith in the Evening Standard yesterday.

We need to take a chance on Arteta.

John F

Post by John F »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:42 pm
GG didn't so much coach the defense as opposed to tell them exactly what he wanted and drill it into them over and over and over again, in positioning, tactics and awareness. (I know it's a subtle difference in definition but it is there)

That is exactly what these idiots need. Unfortunately from a coaching perspective I've found that the old adage 'you cant teach an old dog new tricks' is true, at the least Mustafi, Papa, Luiz and probably Bellerin are deficient in a certain level of defensive technical skill and wont change or improve, the pull backs, stupid tackles, dangling legs out, barging into people are so much part of their game and have been for years you might as well write them of and concentrate on the younger players.

The other deficiency we've had probably since Spunky or the Mad German is a keeper who shouts at those in front of them to organise them, and a leader in the defense to listen and keep them organised and stop them fucking off all over the place.

I'm sick of all the fancy arsed tippy tappy shite we play these days which doesnt even look pretty and produces nothing, I watched some of the 'boring' teams at the world cup and last Euros such as Russia who defended excellently and it worked for them, yes most people find it boring but if it works and wins the points I'm not bothered, and in fact it would piss off other fans and pundits so much I'd probably enjoy it :rubchin:
I agree with all of this and it makes me think Steve O shout for Sean Dyche is starting to make sense.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mikel Arteta - a man with no managerial experience about to cut his teeth and learn all his mistakes on the job at a club like Arsenal......just about sums us up. If he does well then City will lure him back once Pep goes....if he does shit, as he probably will then he will end up being the latest fall guy for Kroenke as we slide inevitably towards the bottom half of the table and eventual relegation

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta is in the middle of a tug of war between Manchester City and his former club Arsenal who want him to be their next manager. The Gunners have put the Spaniard at the top of their wanted list. [@neilfissler - 1st to report Arsenal's interest in Emery]

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:44 am
Mikel Arteta - a man with no managerial experience about to cut his teeth and learn all his mistakes on the job at a club like Arsenal......just about sums us up. If he does well then City will lure him back once Pep goes....if he does shit, as he probably will then he will end up being the latest fall guy for Kroenke as we slide inevitably towards the bottom half of the table and eventual relegation
We're just behaving like the small club that Kroenke has made us, our cash reserves are only £100M now and minus the stadium guarantee which means we probably have to keep near half that, and all the future payments for Gervi I mean Pepe and co. we have virtually no money, wiggy will never put money in so we'll be penny pinching like never before over the next few seasons.

Funny how we are still releasing financials when things are tight?, does wiggy think people will feel sorry for him?, lol, I'm sure if we made money they'd be mysteriously hidden, then again the way we are heading that is unlikely.

The Emirates has been a total disaster move for the club and it would be fitting that it ends up being a huge white elephant playing host to 30k fans paying discount prices in the championship with the club haemorrhaging money for an owner who is a total c*nt.

Said it before... Rome must burn before it can be rebuilt!. :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
You didn't mention Dyche :wink: Joking apart I would much rather see him given a chance with his track record than Arteta. Your point about Arteta using us as a training club is spot on. There aren't too many attractive choices out there at the moment and I just can't see Sanllehi or Edu having much of an opinion on the likes of Dyche, Wilder & co. We have reached a point where somebody at the club has leaked the dissatisfaction with Allegri's previous interview which seems a bit strange. He is the only available and palatable choice out there and we are leaking little snipes about him. So we are left with Freddie, Arteta, PV and I notice that Eddie Howe's odds have shortened. Apart from the hope that PV might be some sort of swashbuckling manager we would be equally well served (if not better) with an old fashioned british manager over the likes of Arteta.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
You didn't mention Dyche :wink: Joking apart I would much rather see him given a chance with his track record than Arteta. Your point about Arteta using us as a training club is spot on. There aren't too many attractive choices out there at the moment and I just can't see Sanllehi or Edu having much of an opinion on the likes of Dyche, Wilder & co. We have reached a point where somebody at the club has leaked the dissatisfaction with Allegri's previous interview which seems a bit strange. He is the only available and palatable choice out there and we are leaking little snipes about him. So we are left with Freddie, Arteta, PV and I notice that Eddie Howe's odds have shortened. Apart from the hope that PV might be some sort of swashbuckling manager we would be equally well served (if not better) with an old fashioned british manager over the likes of Arteta.
I've given up mentioning Dyche to be honest mate - we're too big a club apparently! The job is way too big for someone with proven PL experience, and performing absolute miracles. Burnley should be nowhere near the PL - smallest town in the league and when they came up had the smallest budget by far (I think it was reported as 18th largest last season which has been driven by the fact that he has performed miracles keeping them there). Look at the likes of Leeds, West Brom, Cardiff, Swansea etc - all have far bigger budgets and would kill for what he'd done

No, he's way too small time for us. Instead we need a proven top level manager like Mikel Arteta :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:18 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
I've given up mentioning Dyche to be honest mate - we're too big a club apparently! The job is way too big for someone with proven PL experience, and performing absolute miracles. Burnley should be nowhere near the PL - smallest town in the league and when they came up had the smallest budget by far (I think it was reported as 18th largest last season which has been driven by the fact that he has performed miracles keeping them there). Look at the likes of Leeds, West Brom, Cardiff, Swansea etc - all have far bigger budgets and would kill for what he'd done

No, he's way too small time for us. Instead we need a proven top level manager like Mikel Arteta :D

There's a very long road ahead. Watched a Barca doc the other night on Prime - "Take it, Pass it" which lauded Cruyff and Pep's input at Barca. Xhavi, Iniesta, Alves & co all completely sold on the Barca way created by Cruyff and continued and advanced by Pep. Lots of explanations by Xhavi of how Pep advanced the Barca gameplan and tbh it's worth a watch even if like me you're not a huge fan. To be fair they came across pretty well when speaking and are clearly intelligent players.

So turning to Arteta, he has worshipped at the feet of Pep which means he knows only one way to present a team, one way to play...the Pep way. It's a cult which if you have the players like those above and Pique, Busquets, Messi etc who are good enough to play it then it works like a dream. What the fu.ck is Arteta going to do with our shambles of a squad. Playing it out from the back on a wholesale basis......carnage :roll: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal stars are refusing to back Freddie Ljungberg, who could be facing the axe. [Express Sport]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Goal claim Niko Kovac wants the manager’s job at #Arsenal & his interest has been made known to the club’s hierarchy. https://t.co/IKVfoGf8VX

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:45 pm
Goal claim Niko Kovac wants the manager’s job at #Arsenal & his interest has been made known to the club’s hierarchy. https://t.co/IKVfoGf8VX
Is he any good / good enough? Know the name etc But know very little of his worth.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Former Bayern Munich manager Niko Kovac will watch Arsenal on Monday night. Kovac wants to replace Unai Emery and contact has been made. Not front runner. (@charles_watts) #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Edu is pushing for Patrick Vieira to be Arsenal's next head coach. [@TimesSport]

herbert

Post by herbert »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Former Bayern Munich manager Niko Kovac will watch Arsenal on Monday night. Kovac wants to replace Unai Emery and contact has been made. Not front runner. (@charles_watts) #afc
Kovac would be a good appointment,he led Frankfurt to there first cup final win in 30 yrs beating Bayern in the final and then left for Bayern

There is a great film about Frankfurts cup run called The Return of the cup ,He had the whole of frankfurt believing they could beat Bayern and when the players came out for the pre match warm up everyone in the Frankfurt end had their backs to the players and the cup final shirt on with no 12 on the back{ 12th man} it set the scene for the day and he never complicated the pre match team talk he just told each individual player that they had to win the personal battles and told his star man Prince Boetang that when he gets the ball in midfield to play it into the channels for Ante Rebic and he will do the rest

90 minutes later and Rebic had 2 goals and Frankfurt won 3-1

Certainly deserves a place on the next manager list