Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

sk-gtfo

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:28 am
I voted for Sean fucking Dyche 8)

Allegri should have been our last manager, fingers crossed he’s our next.
He turned us down when we had an average budget, next summer it will be a tiny budget, we have no chance, he'll be off to Utd and they'll soon be giving us a good seeing too on a regular basis again.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

What about Rafa or Bielsa?

Our next 4 matches are against the bottom 2 teams and other 'easier' opposition. Emery will scrape some points together from those matches to hang in there. He wont be getting sacked anytime immediately wirh our ultra conservative board.

The fans need to boycott the stadium again like they did in Wengers last season. Fan absenteeism is what finally forced Wenger out as it upsets the sponsors and threatens $$$. Commercial pain is the only motivation for sacking someone the Kronks understand.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 am
What about Rafa or Bielsa?

Our next 4 matches are against the bottom 2 teams and other 'easier' opposition. Emery will scrape some points together from those matches to hang in there. He wont be getting sacked anytime immediately wirh our ultra conservative board.

The fans need to boycott the stadium again like they did in Wengers last season. Fan absenteeism is what finally forced Wenger out as it upsets the sponsors and threatens $$$. Commercial pain is the only motivation for sacking someone the Kronks understand.
yup!
I hope it happens in the int break, because Oct&Nov are just foreplay

December 2019
... That's the real test!
3 Dec – Arsenal v Brighton (H)
, 7 Dec – Arsenal v West Ham United (A)
14 Dec – Arsenal v Manchester City (H)
21 Dec – Arsenal v Everton (A)
26 Dec – Arsenal v Bournemouth (A)
, 28 Dec – Arsenal v Chelsea (H)
1st JAN Arsenal v ManU

we need the New Manager in Early so that he has the 4 easy games in Nov to start embeding IDENTITY & Philosophy

Structure...If the idiotic Spanish Inquisition Board want to procrastinate & wait, wait ,wait, till Bayern & Everyone else takes Simeone & Co

Then Arsenal will dismantle.

If they throw a New Manager into THAT FIRE , LATE...he'll be sacrificed by the fans too!

I vote for STEALING Manuel Pelligrini from West Ham, :box:

The Engineer!

Midz

Post by Midz »

I would like to see Allegri as our new manager but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

There's rumours now that they're talking to Enrique. He might be ok, but hasn't worked for 2 years so could be a bit rusty. I'd be relatively happy if he was employed however Allegri is my first choice.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Obviously there was only one token British manager option; that one being five minute wonder Rodgers, Liverpool's least successful manager for 70 years and the one universally discounted 18 months ago by the resident experts on here

Allegri is the only one proven enough to sort out a defence at the top level, be a serial winner and have a decent stab at the major competition in Europe. Head and shoulders above the rest of the contenders

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:28 am
I voted for Sean fucking Dyche 8)

Allegri should have been our last manager, fingers crossed he’s our next.
Just the 3-0 win over West Ham yesterday - another team who have a manager being hailed as a genius by some on here. Last time I looked Burnley were 9th and West Ham 16th (on the same points as Wolves who have another genius at the helm and one of the options on here). 5 points above genius Hassenhuttl's Southampton

Hewitt_ozil

Post by Hewitt_ozil »

The club's problems run much deeper than the manager. We lack an identity. Have done for a number of years.

Would love Ancelotti or Allegri. But realistically I think they are out of League currently.

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

I think we should all accept that The Arsenal are not a top attraction anymore for any of the top proven manangers ,No leadership from the owners , who arent interested in trophies only how much cash they can make for the American projects . No cash available to invest in the team , why would anybody risk their reputation on The Arsenal ?

The Spainard isnt going anywhere soon !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not sure why Bergkamp is on there mac? He has stated publicly he never wants to manage. He just wants to coach players.

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that even when I wanted wenger out I felt that pointing the finger at the board was a distraction from the issues at hand, and I feel the same now - yes we have a cuntish board who don't give two fcuks about our club, but emery has a good squad available to him and isn't woefully underperforming with them and the blame for that cannot be put at the boards door imo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 am
Not sure why Bergkamp is on there mac? He has stated publicly he never wants to manage. He just wants to coach players.

Left field option 8)

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Simeone, by a country mile.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Firstly let me start by saying I don't want Maureen,Sean D. Fat Sam ,Harry,Cuntface Simeone,Austin Allegri, Rodgers or Enrique !
I want Berkamp but I realise he doesn't need the aggro so Vierra is the only option moving forward and we might as well get him in now else we risk losing the entire season ,even if we finish mid table the rebuilding can begin!
I also do not want mass protests and more in fighting ,that is unless we wipe out Arsenal TV and their scummy followers which would be good for everyone . :lol:
We made a mistake with Emry but I'm not so sure they will fire him right away ,at the moment Raul is happy to let Emry take the flack because it deflects from his own failings .
A lot of heartache could have been avoided this term if he had shipped out the dross and trouble makers and brought in better quality players but although we did more than the usual nothing it wasn't anywhere near enough .
He must count his blessings that the youth players have come on well because they are the only silver lining so far this term.
I do think that the current ownership and management is playing a part in holding us back ,EDU is Rauls Bitch and Raul knows little about football but knows more than his boss the accountant Vinai Venkatesham who in turn knows a little more than Josh Kroenke who knows sweet FA !
This climate isn't good because ultimately Raúl runs the club from it's football side .
Raul is a career administrator, come negotiator, a weasel in the same mould as Gazidis and brought in by Gazidis to oust the Wengerite Dick law !
He has more power than anyone else yet he hasn't got a clue about English Football nor does Edu ,this ultimately is very worrying !
The only good note is that if we start losing large amounts of cash Kroenke might sell up, apparently very few of the boxes are sold and club level renewals have plummeted and these are the backbone of the non tv cash flow into the club .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 am
Have to say that even when I wanted wenger out I felt that pointing the finger at the board was a distraction from the issues at hand, and I feel the same now - yes we have a cuntish board who don't give two fcuks about our club, but emery has a good squad available to him and isn't woefully underperforming with them and the blame for that cannot be put at the boards door imo
Jesus augie. How many times? If the manager is not delivering whose responsibility is it to remove him? The manager himself? :lol: :wink:

The issue with Wenger was that the board /owner had the responsibility to remove a seriously past it manager and delayed doing so by at least 5 maybe even 10 years. How is that a distraction? It was a key issue.

The blame to be put at the board's door now is not appointing a top manager. And if Emery is still here next year and still underperforming then the blame to lay at the board's door is not removing him once he has clearly demonstrated he isn't good enough. Something he is doing at the moment I think most of us can agree.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

well for starters none of that list looks that appealing.
secondly I am not voting because we don't know who will be available in the summer which is the earliest that the club will look at the situation.

maybe we should go for a manager in form like Steve Bruce :D :wink: