Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

augie

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 am
Arsenal to step up chase for Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo with Gunners considering 12 candidates for vacant managerial position | @SamiMokbel81_DM and @KieranGill_DM https://t.co/0YmzuRUJ5o

It was 10 candidates the other day, and now it is 12 ??? Our c.unts on the board haven't quite got the hang of this whittling it down to a shortlist and then picking one :roll: :roll: Only at AFC can the candidate list get bigger after 3 weeks :oops: :oops: :oops:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Roberto fucking Martinez has been approached I've just read. Fucking hell, is that how little self-esteem we have? A bloke who was a complete disaster at Everton and was relegated with Wigan. Fuck me, is that where the club see our level now?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:50 am
Roberto fucking Martinez has been approached I've just read. Fucking hell, is that how little self-esteem we have? A bloke who was a complete disaster at Everton and was relegated with Wigan. Fuck me, is that where the club see our level now?
There was a certain poster on here a while back who was a champion of Martinez
:wink:

Not me but he is Irish :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 am

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nowhere near the right choice for us now cos again I see that we need a strong commanding manager at this moment of time

Btw, if we were keeping score (which I know that we are not :wink: ), I would point out that under Martinez belgium finished 3rd in the last world cup (their highest ever finish), and that wigan won their only ever fa cup when they defeated moneybags citeeh in the final in 2013 - maybe that Irishman was no fool after all :rubchin: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Best stay away from the mulled wine

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martinez WENGER LITE

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:25 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Nowhere near the right choice for us now cos again I see that we need a strong commanding manager at this moment of time

Btw, if we were keeping score (which I know that we are not :wink: ), I would point out that under Martinez belgium finished 3rd in the last world cup (their highest ever finish), and that wigan won their only ever fa cup when they defeated moneybags citeeh in the final in 2013 - maybe that Irishman was no fool after all :rubchin: :wink:

We are a couple of Christmas drinks at an afternoon board meeting away from Mike Walker, Joe Royle or Brian Horton taking over. Once the red wine, port and sherry have all been passed round a few times, they'll decide that one of those three is the perfect choice for us before fucking off to the West Indies for Christmas.

Clummo2019

Post by Clummo2019 »

Have you ever known another club to EVER conduct the hiring of a manager/coach in such a farcical way!!

I'm so tired of it all now that I couldn't really care less who we end up with.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

According to the bookies Arteta is the clear favourite, followed by Ancelotti
The fact that you can get the same price on Allegri as Eddie Howe, Nuno Espirito Santo and Roberto Martinez just about sums us up

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We really aren't a big club any more, the way we act at board level is pathetic. Imagine being a prospective top level manager and seeing the farce currently going on both on and off the pitch, would you honestly stake your reputation on the bunch of muppets running things or the lazy bastards currently playing for us.

Imagine being a player with a decent reputation and discussing a move to the Arsenal with you family, friends and agent other than money and maybe location what other incentive have you got to come here, it's hardly going to enhance you trophy cabinet.

It was an utter shambles before Wenger left and since we got rid of the fucker and his slimy lizard ally its unbelievably got worse. Indecision, indecision, indecision...... maybe we need to change our motto :rubchin:

Each and everyone of us rightly bemoaned OGL having too much power at the club but with the usual Kroenke Arsenal effectiveness we've managed to go so far the other way with too many chiefs it has paralysed us with committee bureaucracy where no one wants to take the blame if it goes wrong :banghead:

Utterly laughable, even a small time local club managed to replace their Manager within a week :cussing:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

no votes for arteta! :lol:

he's my first choice so I better vote just in case edu and Raul are reading :oops: :D

edit: I can't vote for him so I must have gone with someone else. probably Allegri :D

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Roberto Martinez? LOL! I can't even believe that is a rumour and the fact that the Express has ruled him out because of the transfer activity.

Football journos must sit in an office and piss themselves laughing when they make up ludicrous crap like this.

At any rate, so the press was saying that Emery was slated to be sacked before he was, but if that was the case, then why didn't they actually have anyone lined up? Either way, they obviously won't give Freddy until the end of the year as there aren't any additional staff being brought in.

I am guessing that it is going to be Arteta after the City game. If Raul gets it wrong again, do you think that his head will be on the chopping block? Nah - me neither.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:25 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

And if I'm not mistaken he got Wigan relegated.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Is that the local village idiot who wanted Moyes :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Not Even Jesus Christ could save this lot from the DOOM we are now facing for fuckk knows how many seasons....