Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

SydneyGooner

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by SydneyGooner »

Aubameyang's brother apparently.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Just heard Wenger on the radio now saying the club need to take Arteta's lack of experience into account and show him patience. Do these clowns even know where we are??

We are currently in 10th, 7 points off the drop zone and 3 points off the bottom 6. We are no longer looking ahead to see who we can catch but rather behind us to see who can overtake us.

We DO NOT have time to be patient.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

What an absolute clusterfuck of arsepieceness our once great club has become :| Sack el reenghole and have no one lined up..give it to Freddie who is out of his depth..go for someone even younger who was beige as a player with us..a panic buy during the infamous trolley dash..a perfect example of most things wrong during le fartpipes last 10yrs :oops: average beige shiteness..We need a strong minded older manager to sort out our shower of pampered pussyholes.Arteta..lets name him fartita to go along with my childish theme of names for managers.He will be a disaster I have no doubt whatsoever,I heard some fannybulge on talkshite the other day say We are going after him to keep the fans onside :lol: :lol: ffs if we're not onside with Freddie who is a true legend then we're not going to go for el beige one..fuck me.
Relegation battle it is.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Remember.........4th from bottom is better than a trophy!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:54 am
Remember.........4th from bottom is better than a trophy!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am
TeeCee wrote:
roll on 17th May - the relegation decider v Watford :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nor only will our next manager have to deal with a group of players with no confidence, he'll also have to deal with the repercussions of the international crisis caused by Ozil's tweets. We are well and truly fucked either way. Can you imagine the premier league reaction if china pulls the plug on TV deals? We will be made to pay in one form or another.

Along with the inexperience of actually managing players, Arteta chose to leave Arsenal to work with Pep. Vieira ended up at City because wenger blocked his path back to the club. Arteta didn't have that option. He will make mistakes as a rookie but those mistakes would be too costly to the club. This reaks of the time Blackburn appointed Brian Kidd as manager because he worked with Ferguson. The were relegated. I'd take Moyes ahead of Arteta.

Ancellotti is allegedly being given a massive pay day contract, which is probably why the Arsenal board stayed clear.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:05 pm
Nor only will our next manager have to deal with a group of players with no confidence, he'll also have to deal with the repercussions of the international crisis caused by Ozil's tweets. We are well and truly fucked either way. Can you imagine the premier league reaction if china pulls the plug on TV deals? We will be made to pay in one form or another.

Along with the inexperience of actually managing players, Arteta chose to leave Arsenal to work with Pep. Vieira ended up at City because wenger blocked his path back to the club. Arteta didn't have that option. He will make mistakes as a rookie but those mistakes would be too costly to the club. This reaks of the time Blackburn appointed Brian Kidd as manager because he worked with Ferguson. The were relegated. I'd take Moyes ahead of Arteta.

Ancellotti is allegedly being given a massive pay day contract, which is probably why the Arsenal board stayed clear.

Maybe that applies to our younger players, but it sure as shit doesn't apply to the older players like xhaka, ozil, auba, laca etc, who still believe that they are the mutts nuts and better than our club :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal hope to have Arteta in place in time for Everton game, it's near to a done deal. Ljungberg leading the way on preparation for Saturday's match, with Arteta set to be with City against Oxford tonight as it stands (situation is fluid).

augie

Post by augie »

I don't want arteta as manager and that I have continually said, but on a broader scale I have to say that I would have minimal respect for ANY MANAGER who agrees to takes us over knowing that they will have zero transfer funds for the January transfer window. I have continued to say that a good defensive coach can get more out of these players simply by organizing them in a structure and having more tactical awareness, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there simply is not enough talent defensively in this squad. Any new manager should absolutely insist on buying at least one quality centre back - not pushing that condition is another puppet willing to go along with the total lack of ambition and commitment from the board and the owners

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:29 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am
TeeCee wrote:
roll on 17th May - the relegation decider v Watford :barscarf:
Villa away the week before :| if we're around that area by that time we could well be in the shite..
Fuck it's wolves a Leicester h bin lids a dippers h in the 4games before that :shock: we really could be in the brown stuff..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:16 pm
I don't want arteta as manager and that I have continually said, but on a broader scale I have to say that I would have minimal respect for ANY MANAGER who agrees to takes us over knowing that they will have zero transfer funds for the January transfer window. I have continued to say that a good defensive coach can get more out of these players simply by organizing them in a structure and having more tactical awareness, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there simply is not enough talent defensively in this squad. Any new manager should absolutely insist on buying at least one quality centre back - not pushing that condition is another puppet willing to go along with the total lack of ambition and commitment from the board and the owners
Augie correct me if I'm wrong here but were you not screaming out for an immediate appointment of a new manager? Who do you think with our budget is going to come in making demands - something you've already criticised Arteta for allegedly doing!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I thought all the prevarication and slow negotiating would be over with when OGL and the Lizard left, we really have no idea what we're doing when it comes to these sorts of things......

I dont want Arteta, he is not experienced enough to deal with a team and club in our situation but it looks like we're getting him so why the fuck it has to drag out i have no idea.... is there another club in world football who would act so small time and allow Arteta and Man City to hang our balls over the fire in this way :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:36 pm
I thought all the prevarication and slow negotiating would be over with when OGL and the Lizard left, we really have no idea what we're doing when it comes to these sorts of things......

I dont want Arteta, he is not experienced enough to deal with a team and club in our situation but it looks like we're getting him so why the fuck it has to drag out i have no idea.... is there another club in world football who would act so small time and allow Arteta and Man City to hang our balls over the fire in this way :banghead:
Remember this is the big classy club that sued some bird for making hats in Spain..... :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:33 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:16 pm
Augie correct me if I'm wrong here but were you not screaming out for an immediate appointment of a new manager? Who do you think with our budget is going to come in making demands - something you've already criticised Arteta for allegedly doing!

Absolutely 100% right on that - what I am saying is that no manager worth a salt or with any ambition should take the job under those circumstances. There is a part of me that wants the club to be shown up and ridiculed by getting turned down by every manager they approach, because a lack of transfer funds - can you imagine the field day that the press would have running with that story ? If we are talking about getting Kroenke out through a severe depreciation in the clubs value, then that is one sure way to accelerate the process.
When I was screaming for an immediate appointment (a slight distortion cos I have only complained after 2 weeks with no progress), I was doing so cos it is shambolic that they can fire a manager without having a follow on plan in place, plus it is clear that Freddie is not up to the job and the decline will continue as long as he is there