Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

falkirk goon

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:36 pm
I thought all the prevarication and slow negotiating would be over with when OGL and the Lizard left, we really have no idea what we're doing when it comes to these sorts of things......

I dont want Arteta, he is not experienced enough to deal with a team and club in our situation but it looks like we're getting him so why the fuck it has to drag out i have no idea.... is there another club in world football who would act so small time and allow Arteta and Man City to hang our balls over the fire in this way :banghead:
Remember this is the big classy club that sued some bird for making hats in Spain..... :oops:
:oops: fuck me how embarrassing was that :oops: arsepieces :| well it looks like the country of Spain will take it's revenge..first el reenghole and next el beige one :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:33 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:16 pm
I don't want arteta as manager and that I have continually said, but on a broader scale I have to say that I would have minimal respect for ANY MANAGER who agrees to takes us over knowing that they will have zero transfer funds for the January transfer window. I have continued to say that a good defensive coach can get more out of these players simply by organizing them in a structure and having more tactical awareness, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there simply is not enough talent defensively in this squad. Any new manager should absolutely insist on buying at least one quality centre back - not pushing that condition is another puppet willing to go along with the total lack of ambition and commitment from the board and the owners
Augie correct me if I'm wrong here but were you not screaming out for an immediate appointment of a new manager? Who do you think with our budget is going to come in making demands - something you've already criticised Arteta for allegedly doing!

Absolutely 100% right on that - what I am saying is that no manager worth a salt or with any ambition should take the job under those circumstances. There is a part of me that wants the club to be shown up and ridiculed by getting turned down by every manager they approach, because a lack of transfer funds - can you imagine the field day that the press would have running with that story ? If we are talking about getting Kroenke out through a severe depreciation in the clubs value, then that is one sure way to accelerate the process.
When I was screaming for an immediate appointment (a slight distortion cos I have only complained after 2 weeks with no progress), I was doing so cos it is shambolic that they can fire a manager without having a follow on plan in place, plus it is clear that Freddie is not up to the job and the decline will continue as long as he is there
Look :wink: I agree with much of that but a part of me couldn't stand to see us go through the type of shit we'd need to go through to get rid of the septic parasite.

This is fucking depressing. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Maybe El Legohead will turn out to be the new GG. :|

Maybe.

Probably not though. :|

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:55 pm
Maybe El Legohead will turn out to be the new GG. :|

Maybe.

Probably not though. :|
Do they do Lego pieces in beige?? :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Twitter saying Arteta is a done deal

NickF

Post by NickF »

If it's on Twitter it must be true. :roll: :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I just hope to god that Arteta has got a list of demands that he is adhering to in talks with our lot. Those demands have got to include being allowed to show any player not bothering their arse the door and quite frankly the right to try and buy a decent CB and DM in January with a view to balancing the books in the summer if needs be.

If he takes the job without securing the promise of a half decent transfer budget then I can only assume that he is yet another ex-footballer with an ego the size of a small planet. Self belief can be a good thing but you have to be able to back that up by delivering the goods and Arteta doesn't have that on his CV yet. We are in too big a mess to be farting around with an unproven who they felt wasn't upto the job the first time they spoke to him.

The only good that can come from this is the increased attention it brings on the club and in particular the useless wiggy parasite who the media are slowly but surely beginnning to realise is a complete and utter cu.nt. If Arteta doesn't get a budget of any worth and despite his own self belief subsequently fails then as we tumble down the league the spotlight will be fully on wiggy and then we might just get to boycott time.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Sky Italy reporting done deal. Not on SSN yet.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 am
What an absolute clusterfuck of arsepieceness our once great club has become :| Sack el reenghole and have no one lined up..give it to Freddie who is out of his depth..go for someone even younger who was beige as a player with us..a panic buy during the infamous trolley dash..a perfect example of most things wrong during le fartpipes last 10yrs :oops: average beige shiteness..We need a strong minded older manager to sort out our shower of pampered pussyholes.Arteta..lets name him fartita to go along with my childish theme of names for managers.He will be a disaster I have no doubt whatsoever,I heard some fannybulge on talkshite the other day say We are going after him to keep the fans onside :lol: :lol: ffs if we're not onside with Freddie who is a true legend then we're not going to go for el beige one..fuck me.
Relegation battle it is.
It is humiliating and degrading.....absolute shit club...a laughing stock...and its down to thoses *word censored* selling out to that vermin kronke

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I wish him all the best but really, what is going on? How have we reached a decision where the best candidate to take over the job, is a man with no managerial experience? Fucking hell, what is happening at the club. This is the type of appointment that a club makes in late-Aptil when they make a panicked, relegation-facing appointment. Fucking hell, if ever there was any doubt about the lack of ambition at this club, this is it.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:50 pm
Sky Italy reporting done deal. Not on SSN yet.
I'm whelmed :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

What’s with the constant Wenger says coverage, are all these journos so gutless they’re still blowing smoke up his hole with out stopping to put it to him he was the main contributor to the mess we are now in.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xgtdec wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:29 pm
What’s with the constant Wenger says coverage, are all these journos so gutless they’re still blowing smoke up his hole with out stopping to put it to him he was the main contributor to the mess we are now in.
Spot on mate fucking spot on 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

-Arteta will say farewell to his friends at Manchester after Oxford clash today
-Arteta's contract with Arsenal is until 2023
-Salary of £5m per annum
-Official announcement by Arsenal tomorrow
-Presentation conference tomorrow at noon

[@TheAFCBeII]

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:53 pm
-Arteta will say farewell to his friends at Manchester after Oxford clash today
-Arteta's contract with Arsenal is until 2023
-Salary of £5m per annum
-Official announcement by Arsenal tomorrow
-Presentation conference tomorrow at noon

[@TheAFCBeII]
if he messes up he will get a big pay off then...