Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Redarmy

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:38 pm
If we appoint Vieira or Arteta and Everton appoint Ancelotti then anyone that still goes to that stadium is getting what they deserve.

It would have to be a mass boycott or become the next Wolves / Leeds.
Exactly.....they will be very lucky to get Ancelotti.....he is just what they need...an established top manager with a proven track record...dont fuck it up Arsenal

Alternative being the cheaper option Arteta...are they just going through the motions of speaking with Ancelotti?

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:15 pm
I was hoping we would appoint Ancelloti as wenkers replacement..... I know he is good, but it sound slike he may have lost his touch (ooo er missus :oops: ) and gone soft. :?

Have to say that with all the stories coming out today about Ancelotti's managerial style, I too am beginning to doubt his suitability for the job

augie

Post by augie »

Who the fcuk does this guy think he is ?? Never managed a club anywhere and he thinks that he has earned to right to have "demands" ?? Do one you arrogant cock :evil:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... uarantees/

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ah the Sun, the last great bastion of British journalism, Augie why get mad at something that might or might not be true :lol: if they said tomorrow was Thurs id still check a calendar

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:15 pm
I was hoping we would appoint Ancelloti as wenkers replacement..... I know he is good, but it sound slike he may have lost his touch (ooo er missus :oops: ) and gone soft. :?

Have to say that with all the stories coming out today about Ancelotti's managerial style, I too am beginning to doubt his suitability for the job
Exactly what I said earlier a busted flush now , Tuchel could be a good shout if he leaves PSG , I am not against Arteta as I was first time round either especially after some further reading

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Ancelloti now talking to Everton. Have to say at this stage of his career I think hes found his level.

He's a bit like Maureen these days, past his sell by date IMO. We need someone with radical ideas to take us onto the next level.

I have no doubts he can steady the ship at a struggling club, but that's about it.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sources say Ancelotti does not fit the profile of manager Arsenal are looking for, while they are not convinced by his most recent experiences [@LaurensJulien]

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am
Sources say Ancelotti does not fit the profile of manager Arsenal are looking for, while they are not convinced by his most recent experiences [@LaurensJulien]

What's the betting that the profile matches someone that will be cheap and will either have no managerial experience, or whose only experience will be managing some 3rd rate team in europe :roll: I may not be as sold on ancelotti as I was, but I would certainly pick him ahead of arteta, freddie and marcelino

Midz

Post by Midz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:28 am
Ancelloti now talking to Everton. Have to say at this stage of his career I think hes found his level.

He's a bit like Maureen these days, past his sell by date IMO. We need someone with radical ideas to take us onto the next level.

I have no doubts he can steady the ship at a struggling club, but that's about it.
spot on!

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

spot on!

See I have no problems with the line of thought where Ancelotti is only suitable now for a struggling club, but it ignores the reality that we are one of those struggling clubs :( We are in decline and need a manager to come in and steady OUR SHIP, and put some structure in place that will allow us to start to move forward again, but we cant skip steps one and two and just assume that we are above the need of an ancelotti.
Second issue I would have with that line of thought, is if it is some kind of prelude/defence in favour of appointing an arteta or some new young progressive coach - the absolute last thing we need as a fabled progressive, but ultimately inexperienced coach, so give me an old steady coach above that every day of the week

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i hear Jeremy Corbyn might be looking for a new job soon :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:52 am
Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

spot on!

See I have no problems with the line of thought where Ancelotti is only suitable now for a struggling club, but it ignores the reality that we are one of those struggling clubs :( We are in decline and need a manager to come in and steady OUR SHIP, and put some structure in place that will allow us to start to move forward again, but we cant skip steps one and two and just assume that we are above the need of an ancelotti.
Second issue I would have with that line of thought, is if it is some kind of prelude/defence in favour of appointing an arteta or some new young progressive coach - the absolute last thing we need as a fabled progressive, but ultimately inexperienced coach, so give me an old steady coach above that every day of the week
Arteta is a massive gamble...and in my opinon will be a disaster

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am
Cant fucking afford him more like......

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:42 pm
Who the fcuk does this guy think he is ?? Never managed a club anywhere and he thinks that he has earned to right to have "demands" ?? Do one you arrogant cock :evil:

Hes the guy who collected the team fines, and at the end of season bought Gazidis a nice new watch with the proceeds....think that says a lot.....why not give it to charity FFS?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:53 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Hes the guy who collected the team fines, and at the end of season bought Gazidis a nice new watch with the proceeds....think that says a lot.....why not give it to charity FFS?
Networking.... it's all about the networking. Arteta now has a mate in the Lizard for any possible future need. Who knows when or where that watch will be repaid.