Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Midz

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Midz »

Whoever they appoint will still have this shit squad that will never be able to compete at the higher (or at present middle) levels.
I know getting into the CL is all about the money it brings in because we'd never seriously have the remotest chance of winning it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:54 pm
Next permanent Arsenal manager odds:

Nuno Espírito Santo 5/2
Mikel Arteta 3/1
Rafa Benitez 4/1
Massimiliano Allegri 6/1
Mauricio Pochettino 6/1
Freddie Ljungberg 8/1

I just don't see him leaving Wolves to join us. :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:54 pm
Next permanent Arsenal manager odds:

Nuno Espírito Santo 5/2
Mikel Arteta 3/1
Rafa Benitez 4/1
Massimiliano Allegri 6/1
Mauricio Pochettino 6/1
Freddie Ljungberg 8/1

I just don't see him leaving Wolves to join us. :?
Guardiola also saying Arteta wont leave City this season.....

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Apparently Freddie doesn't have the required certificates to manage a team in the Premiership or the Europa league .

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

None of the above, the perfect solutions is sat warming his arse at FIFA at the moment :rubchin:

Or at least that is what Wiggy is thinking :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has He Fuckked Off Yet?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:10 am
Apparently Freddie doesn't have the required certificates to manage a team in the Premiership or the Europa league .

That might explain why they are leaving him in charge for Thurs night.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:23 am
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:10 am

That might explain why they are leaving him in charge for Thurs night.
There will be a quick manager turnover so.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Massimiliano Allegri has been linked with the role but does not plan to return to management until the summer at the earliest. The Italian also spoke to #Arsenal during the interview process to find a successor to Arsene Wenger & was overlooked. https://t.co/BZlQk30F74

Goal has been told that #Arsenal have already been sounding out potential candidates to replace Emery, although promoting Freddie Ljungberg on a temporary basis remains the most likely option for now. https://t.co/D3Z0J1z5Pi

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The price has been slashed on Nuno Espirito Santo - now the best priced 7/2 favourite

Two losing cup finals in Portugal, one Europa League place with Rio Ave
Fired by Porto for somehow not managing to win a trophy with them
Spent £120m+ at Wolves and managed to qualify for the Europa League with a wage budget 3x that of Dyche when he did it

Still.....his name sounds much more exotic doesn't it

augie

Post by augie »

Emery needs to go now and of that there is no doubt, but this shite suggesting Freddie until the end of the season, or any other temporary appointment is a load of bollox imo - surely a club of our size, stature and undoubted potential is able to entice a suitable permanent manager now ? If the manager we want is not available now, then we should go on to the next choice and so on until we get a suitable appointment - how are we gonna start preparing for the future and convince existing players that we are a club on the up, if we have no definitive structure and plan in place to show them ? In my opinion, players looking at a club like ours with no permanent manager in place, will view us as a club that no quality manager wants a part of - if we appointed eddie howe (for example), the club could sell that appointment as getting England's finest young manager to take us forward, even though most would know that it smells of bul.lshit. What would it say about the club if they are gonna hand Freddie the reigns for the next 7 months ? Who are they expecting to be available and willing to be our manager next summer, that isn't willing or available to do it now ? Personally I would have a load of potential managers on my list ahead of Freddie, and that list would include Rodgers, wolves manager, howe, and if AFC does not have the financial power and status to entice a manager from those clubs, then maybe we should board up the windows, turn off the lights and close the doors on our club for good :oops:

ps Please don't refer to Bayern's temporary situation as a contradiction of my view of clubs unable to appoint a full time manager, cos Bayern are on a whole other level to us and there might only be a handful of managers unavailable to them - we on the other hand will be competing for managers with dozens of similar sized clubs, and will have to fight for who we want
Last edited by augie on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:57 pm
Emery needs to go now and of that there is no doubt, but this shite suggesting Freddie until the end of the season, or any other temporary appointment is a load of bollox imo - surely a club of our size, stature and undoubted potential is able to entice a suitable permanent manager now ? If the manager we want is not available now, then we should go on to the next choice and so on until we get a suitable appointment - how are we gonna start preparing for the future and convince existing players that we are a club on the up, if we have no definitive structure and plan in place to show them ? In my opinion, players looking at a club like ours with no permanent manager in place, will view us as a club that no quality manager wants a part of - if we appointed eddie howe (for example), the club could sell that appointment as getting England's finest young manager to take us forward, even though most would know that it smells of bul.lshit. What would it say about the club if they are gonna hand Freddie the reigns for the next 7 months ? Who are they expecting to be available and willing to be our manager next summer, that isn't willing or available to do it now ? Personally I would have a load of potential managers on my list ahead of Freddie, and that list would include Rodgers, wolves manager, howe, and if AFC does not have the financial power and status to entice a manager from those clubs, then maybe we should board up the windows, turn off the lights and close the doors on our club for good :oops:
If the club's 'first choice' is Nuno Espirito Santo then I'd rather have Freddie Starr, Flintoff or Mercury as caretaker manager

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 pm
augie wrote:
If the club's 'first choice' is Nuno Espirito Santo then I'd rather have Freddie Starr, Flintoff or Mercury as caretaker manager

When the club FINALLY got shot of the senile French c.unt, you, me and a load of others all said that it would take more than one or two appointments before we get THE RIGHT MANAGER, and so far emery has proven that to be true. Again I don't need the next manager to be the perfect appointment, but I do want the next manager to be able to come in and put some sort of defensive structure and team set-up in place - the wolves manager (and the fat Spanish waiter) would be appointments that would certainly bring that to the team, and after years of looking at porous/piss poor/mentally weak defensive structures (which are an insult to a club proud of it's defensive traditions), I would be happy with that right now.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:12 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 pm
augie wrote:

When the club FINALLY got shot of the senile French c.unt, you, me and a load of others all said that it would take more than one or two appointments before we get THE RIGHT MANAGER, and so far emery has proven that to be true. Again I don't need the next manager to be the perfect appointment, but I do want the next manager to be able to come in and put some sort of defensive structure and team set-up in place - the wolves manager (and the fat Spanish waiter) would be appointments that would certainly bring that to the team, and after years of looking at porous/piss poor/mentally weak defensive structures (which are an insult to a club proud of it's defensive traditions), I would be happy with that right now.
Wolves have scored 18 goals - the same as us
We've conceded 19 - they've conceded 16
In the Europa League they've scored 4 goals in 4 games against Braga, Slovan Bratislava and Besiktas
We've scored 11 against Eintracht Frankfurt, Liege and Vitoria

Can't wait for that massive step change improvement that the bloke with the nice name will bring us

It only takes 4 or 5 appointments to find the right one if your board are complete c.unts like ours and Man Ure's. Arsenal should be a draw for many a big time manager with its history, pedigree and location. With this board Leicester and Everton are more attractive destinations.

As is being proven, and something I've said since the year the prick bought all the shares - we will end up as a mid table PL side and be as shite as all his other franchises within the next few seasons....maybe not even that long

Nuno Espirito Santo - honest to fucking god

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Freddie is highly-rated by the players and staff, the logical feeling is he would take temporary charge if anything happened with Emery. He has 'number one' ambitions of his own and won't hang around somewhere for too long if he doesn't think the opportunity will come. [Ornstein]