Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Jock Gooner

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:06 pm
Can rule out Enrique, he's just been re appointed Spain manager.
Christ he didn't hang about did he :shock:

One whiff of the Arsenal job and he took the first gig he could to escape :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rule Mourinho out as well, new spurs manager

augie

Post by augie »

Two managers ruled out that wouldn't have been good appointments for us anyway so no big deal. Where the big deal does come into play is how this will impact the plans of other clubs thinking of axing their manager (manure and madrid), and other clubs already looking for a new manager (Bayern). My fear when they sacked poxychino's last night was that they already had allegri in the bag, and that would have been bad for us. Now allegri himself will be looking at the potential available positions for him to go to, and one more club has already been removed from that list - they say that Bayern will not appoint a manager that cannot speak german, and if that is true then there is another potential landing spot off allegri's list.

I had said previously that I felt allegri was out of our reach but now I'm not so sure. In my opinion it will come down to whoever blinks first between manure and madrid - I suspect that poch would be first choice for both clubs, so really the onus is on us to target allegri before he is left as the next available choice for whichever of the other 2 clubs doesn't get poch. I think that a managerial sacking by either us, manure of madrid will spark the other clubs into taking action too for fear of being left with no viable options, so it could be an interesting and amusing next 2-3 months. I said some time ago that I believe that poxychino's will be madrid manager by January 1st, and I still believe that tbh.

I know our midget mod would be appalled at the idea, but maybe the idea of appointing poch as our next manager wouldn't be a bad option - I'm not saying that I am on board with it yet (certainly wouldn't be in my top 3 choices), but at the same time it isn't as ridiculous as it used to be to me.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this poll needs updating - my first 3 choices are not listed. They are:

Howe
Pochettino
Wilder

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

There is no way on this earth that pokey nose will become the next Arsenal manager!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 am
Two managers ruled out that wouldn't have been good appointments for us anyway so no big deal. Where the big deal does come into play is how this will impact the plans of other clubs thinking of axing their manager (manure and madrid), and other clubs already looking for a new manager (Bayern). My fear when they sacked poxychino's last night was that they already had allegri in the bag, and that would have been bad for us. Now allegri himself will be looking at the potential available positions for him to go to, and one more club has already been removed from that list - they say that Bayern will not appoint a manager that cannot speak german, and if that is true then there is another potential landing spot off allegri's list.

I had said previously that I felt allegri was out of our reach but now I'm not so sure. In my opinion it will come down to whoever blinks first between manure and madrid - I suspect that poch would be first choice for both clubs, so really the onus is on us to target allegri before he is left as the next available choice for whichever of the other 2 clubs doesn't get poch. I think that a managerial sacking by either us, manure of madrid will spark the other clubs into taking action too for fear of being left with no viable options, so it could be an interesting and amusing next 2-3 months. I said some time ago that I believe that poxychino's will be madrid manager by January 1st, and I still believe that tbh.

I know our midget mod would be appalled at the idea, but maybe the idea of appointing poch as our next manager wouldn't be a bad option - I'm not saying that I am on board with it yet (certainly wouldn't be in my top 3 choices), but at the same time it isn't as ridiculous as it used to be to me.
That murky gene pool down the country really is fucked isn't it. :| :oops:

STOP FUCKING MARRYING YOUR OWN SISTERS. AND UNCLES.

:lol: :wink:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Allegri won't ever happen, even if we were in second place in the PL. We don't have the spending power he needs.
Thankfully Poch is a non starter - even in his own words.
Rodgers is never going to leave Leicester, (where they are over achieving), and I'm grateful for that.
Vieira is a non starter, I'd rather 'plump' for TA6 above him tbh.
Maureen found his new level, shite bloke gets a job at a shite club.
Enrique to Spain job.
DB10 prefers his lot in Holland, and the very best to him too.

I voted for Freddie. He seems the most likely pick now.
Give him the reigns for the rest of the season. The bloke cannot do any worse than the likeable Dick :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

No way I'd take that Dyche guy - I mean 6th in the league and just the 3-0 away win yesterday, Wouldn't want to spoil the legacy of not winning away that Wenger built which is so beautiful to watch

Marco Silva will be available soon and I'm sure would hold more appeal for most of our bellends - nice suit and accent. Will probably produce a 100 page 'dossier' too.....I mean....that's what its all about right?

Fuck all that clean sheet stuff those old dinosaurs like Wilder and Dyche keep tripping out......where's the fun in not conceding?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Rafa Benitez. He knows the league and has won major honours. I think that he would shore up the defence while providing for a solid platform. Also, I think that he doesn't contradict himself when he speaks, so has a clear idea of what is required and speaks good English.

He ain't on the list, so I can't actually vote for him. For me, he would be a realistic candidate and would probably jump at the opportunity.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 am
I'll throw my hat in the ring for Rafa Benitez. He knows the league and has won major honours. I think that he would shore up the defence while providing for a solid platform. Also, I think that he doesn't contradict himself when he speaks, so has a clear idea of what is required and speaks good English.

He ain't on the list, so I can't actually vote for him. For me, he would be a realistic candidate and would probably jump at the opportunity.
Wouldn't be a bad call but earning mega money in China so not sure if the wig wearing prick would be prepared to wedge him up accordingly

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rafa Benitez for me. I don't imagine he would hang on in China if Arsenal looked his way. He is prehaps one of the better managers that we could realistically get mid-season.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:43 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 am

That murky gene pool down the country really is fucked isn't it. :| :oops:

STOP FUCKING MARRYING YOUR OWN SISTERS. AND UNCLES.

:lol: :wink:

Think its best to clarify Pochetino will not manage the Arsenal, much the same as Emery did not get sacked after the Leicester game...realistically the big favourite will be Arteta, who was close to getting the job last time

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The Chinese Super League ends next week, prehaps a move for Rafa Benitez may materialise afterwards.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:05 pm
The Chinese Super League ends next week, prehaps a move for Rafa Benitez may materialise afterwards.
He's been linked with the east london herberts already so if we are to assume that he's motivated by fame and glory rather than a £15M pay cheque then may already be packing his chopsticks :rubchin: :roll:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Manuel Pelegrini, not Expensive, now Spurs relation

Recent EPL Winner, 'The Enigineer', Available because West Ham is West Ham, Zero Quality players except Declan Rice who will go to Man U in Jan

for 90-100mil & we all know it. West Ham will then just be one of the floaters in the Sub 10 EPL side pool till season end. Not challenging for anything

Whole Season Long.

Ten Hag in the Summer if Raul was worth his salt in knowing what Arsenal need, a young talented 'Total Football' Manager

a system that CAN bring 'Balance' to our traditionally TOP HEAVY Arsenal side, mentality & philosophy.

But I think Raul is a prolly a Fat Snake & thats why a good guy lie Golden Eye left! He knew they were just about MONEY

& not about building the best team, but just balancing the books with Friends & agents, flashy players to shut stupid fans up!

So were Fucked!....[ Boycott works ...were just waiting for the December TOP Qual fixture congestion to choke Emery out with Terrible defeats B2B,

before fans boycott & spend Christmas with their kids outside in the yard instead of paying for them to go watch Failure & worse things in a stadium]