Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

DB10GOONER

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 am
I'm pretty sure Allegri has stated he deffo won't be available until May as he is learning English and wants to start his next job fresh in preseason and not having inherited someone else's shit storm mid season. Personally I'd wait for him.

And leave Freddie in charge until then ? Even after his team selection last Sunday ?? :shock: :shock:

A new manager is "allowed" a mistake or 2 in his first match in charge, but to make so many obvious stupid decisions in one game, makes me question if he is fit to manage a kids team. Horrendous team selection and tactics
Is Freddie any worse than Dick? Maybe. Maybe not tbh. But I would not exclude Allegri just to stick someone in there now in a panic. I'd wait for Allegri.

Anyway Freddie might have Wenger to advise him so what could go wrong....? :lol: :wink:

As a club and as a fanbase, I believe we need to stop selling ourselves short and behave like a proper big club - if allegri is genuinely interested in managing us, then he should agree to take over NOW. He has had 7 effing months off at this stage, and surely if being manager of AFC is important enough there would be no issue regarding another half season sabbatical cos he would be racing to get in ?
What happens if we wait until the summer but by then another (bigger) job offer comes his way ? How stupid would we look if we wait for 6 months to get the manager we want, only for him to then snub our club in favour of a different offer ? We are a big club and managers should want to get into the position asap
Well no I'd sign him now for him to start work in June.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 pm
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I'm pretty sure Allegri has stated he deffo won't be available until May as he is learning English and wants to start his next job fresh in preseason and not having inherited someone else's shit storm mid season. Personally I'd wait for him.

And leave Freddie in charge until then ? Even after his team selection last Sunday ?? :shock: :shock:

A new manager is "allowed" a mistake or 2 in his first match in charge, but to make so many obvious stupid decisions in one game, makes me question if he is fit to manage a kids team. Horrendous team selection and tactics
Is Freddie any worse than Dick? Maybe. Maybe not tbh. But I would not exclude Allegri just to stick someone in there now in a panic. I'd wait for Allegri.

Anyway Freddie might have Wenger to advise him so what could go wrong....? :lol: :wink:

As a club and as a fanbase, I believe we need to stop selling ourselves short and behave like a proper big club - if allegri is genuinely interested in managing us, then he should agree to take over NOW. He has had 7 effing months off at this stage, and surely if being manager of AFC is important enough there would be no issue regarding another half season sabbatical cos he would be racing to get in ?
What happens if we wait until the summer but by then another (bigger) job offer comes his way ? How stupid would we look if we wait for 6 months to get the manager we want, only for him to then snub our club in favour of a different offer ? We are a big club and managers should want to get into the position asap

But we are becoming less of a big club and more of a directionless club every day that the cluesless wiggy remains in charge. We simply are not an attractive proposition at the moment. I'm sure that if we have contacted Allegri then he will have asked the obvious question of roughly what our transfer budget is before he even bothers his arse to interview again. If he isn't offered enough to buy a good CB and a strong midfielder then why bother. Everyone involved in football must be looking at the mess we are in and question whether they really want or need to get involved.

Read this article and it's hard to argue with the points he raises.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:00 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:23 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:07 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 pm
Marcelino seems to be rising in the bookies odds and is being reported by various outlets as having been contacted by the club (mainly online), i have no idea what this guy is like but it definitely indicates a lack of desire by the club in my view :rubchin:

Can anyone say much about him?
Just know he has done Emery type work with Valencia but with less cups to show for it. If you want a Spanish top six finish manager then he's your man but let's hope that he doesn't find his way to us because a la Dick he'd be out of his depth.
This is my problem with most of those being touted, not many of them have PL experience and those who have have hardly set the league alight putting it mildly. Any one of them is a shot in the dark even Allegri although he is my preferred option, even Simeone has only really done mediocre at his current club
Absolutely, Allegri with our current squad and no serious financial backing is just as likely to be found wanting as to be able to sort things out. I think that there is a general overestimation of the ability of our current squad and that any manager worth their salt is still going to struggle to kick start things again. Too many mentally weak individuals, an overwhelming lack of discipline as well as a lack of balance to the team mean that the next guy has an uphill battle ahead of him.
Agreed with all of that but I'd hope that Allegri for example would install a simple but effective system to get the best from these idiots while slowly phasing out the shit and replacing them with better players within the financial constraints. It'll be a slow rebuild. But at least we wouldn't have our defenders and keeper trying to pass out from our own box - simple things like that which Dick refused to address properly should be addressed by Allegri.
Yes somebody with his nous would know how to address some of the problems immediately but how competently our idiots could implement his plans is anyones guess. As you say it would be a slow rebuild and it begs the question of whether somebody like Allegri is prepared to commit to such a long term project. Also whichever clown from the club has been leaking that he came across as arrogant 18 months ago is a pr.ick

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal 'make Patrick Vieira favourite to replace Unai Emery' with former Invincible impressing as Nice boss https://t.co/0NS2VT5x0f

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 pm
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ok fair enough, but I still have to say that I wouldn't be totally on board with it either. If a manager currently employed elsewhere (Rodgers for example) said he wanted to come to be our manager at the end of the season but that he wouldn't walk out on his existing club mid-season, then you could maybe understand it and get on board with the plan - the allegri situation is completely different though imo. The man has had 7 months holidays already at this stage, so how important can those next few months be to him ? I get that from his point of view it would allow him the next 6 months to sit and assess us from afar by watching all the match film and deciding who he wants to keep and who he wants gone, and what areas that we are weak and need working on, so that he is ready to roll out a plan when he joins next summer - that is all well and good and would be perfect for him, but the reality is that we need a top manager NOW. We have had our coaching staff decimated when emery's assistants went with him, and I don't envisage too many quality coaches lining up to do a six month gig with us before being released when the next manager brings in his own people. I continue to cling to my belief that we have a few players in the squad that cause unrest behind the scenes, and I think those same players will absolutely take the piss if Freddie or any other weak manager is put in charge. Regardless of when we appoint our new manager, whoever that manager is, he simply must be someone will a real stature and command of that dressing room - for years we have bemoaned the lack of structure and organisation around the team, and that is why these traits are top of my wish list for the new manager. I fear that all the players like Freddie, but that fcuk all will respect him as a manager, and we cant afford another 6 months of that shit

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 pm
Arsenal 'make Patrick Vieira favourite to replace Unai Emery' with former Invincible impressing as Nice boss https://t.co/0NS2VT5x0f
Impressing so much that the fans are calling for his head. Bullshit article from the daily hate as usual.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal's board have made Patrick Vieira their favourite to take over at the club according to Nice-Matin.#afc

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 pm
Impressing so much that the fans are calling for his head. Bullshit article from the daily hate as usual.

Not in my top 2 or 3 preferences, but certainly miles ahead of arteta, Freddie, Marcelino, nuno gomes

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

much as I would want Vieira to succeed, the reality is that he is not impressing as a manager.

his side are now 14th in the French league after a 4-1 defeat last night.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Latest odds

Freddie 5/2

Arteta 7/2

Vieira 7/2

Paddy Power

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I do not want ANY Ex-Arsenal player/s managing Arsenal, not until they have proven themselves elsewhere for at least 4 consecutive seasons.

We need someone who has never been connected with the club in an employment capacity...someone who will get us back amongst the top 3 sides in the prem, who will frighten the shyte out of the snowflake players in the squad, tell kroenke to get he wallet/cheque book out and punch maureen in the throat the next time maureen is in the dug out next to him.

That's all. :|

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:08 am
much as I would want Vieira to succeed, the reality is that he is not impressing as a manager.

his side are now 14th in the French league after a 4-1 defeat last night.

It's only a 6 point gap between 14th and 3rd in the French league atm.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This whole thing is farcical, might as well appoint Mike Bassett.

:?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Saw this the other day - a Ladbrokes list of where the money is going. Allegri, Poch, Vieira and Benitez as their top 4 :shock:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... no-vieira/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

If you're not a fan of Brenda then don't read this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-history/

He has previous at Watford, Swansea and Celtic for giving it the big 'un about how happy he is at the club before fu.cking off :lol: