Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

SteveO 35

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sorry for everything I said about Nuno Espirito Santo - would rather watch the stuff his side produce than the slow paced, sideways borefests being served up by copycat Pep.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am
Sorry for everything I said about Nuno Espirito Santo - would rather watch the stuff his side produce than the slow paced, sideways borefests being served up by copycat Pep.
Your confidence in our players is far greater than mine mate if you think Nuno would get much more out of them so quickly :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Santo is a very underrated manager with a team that is playing great football. Wolves are no Stoke City or Burnley. Not only that several players from their side would make drastic improvements to our squad.

If you did a combined Wolves and Arsenal side there is an argument to have more of their players in the team than ours. When have we ever considered or said Wolves are a better side in the best part of 100 years. Sad times.

Arteta has the job he wanted and if he’s not backed in the transfer market things wont improve. He probably realised last night just how much of a joke club we have become.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:28 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Santo is a very underrated manager with a team that is playing great football. Wolves are no Stoke City or Burnley. Not only that several players from their side would make drastic improvements to our squad.

If you did a combined Wolves and Arsenal side there is an argument to have more of their players in the team than ours. When have we ever considered or said Wolves are a better side in the best part of 100 years. Sad times.

Arteta has the job he wanted and if he’s not backed in the transfer market things wont improve. He probably realised last night just how much of a joke club we have become.
Yep, I think I got it wrong about Nuno. I saw them grinding a lot of results last season and were the kings of a 1-0, 1-1 and questioned whether we would fancy that. However some of their football this season and recently has been much better to watch whilst maintaining being hard to beat

Contrast that to the dog shit of last night. You know my feelings on Kroenke well, but last night Arteta had the supposed big four of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil and Pepe all out there - 220m worth of attacking talent....and they first managed a shot on target after 82 minutes. Two of those players were on the way out under Emery but the cone man has somehow kept Lacazette on the field for 105 minutes at the expense of Martinelli and seems to have built his attacking formation around him despite his awful form

Boring football. We weren't beaten 1-2 by a team in the last 32 of the second tier competition because of the wig wearing c.unt. we lost because the manager got it wrong and some of the players are lazy c.unts who shouldn't be here. The bigger issues of course all sit with that yank prick

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:34 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Your confidence in our players is far greater than mine mate if you think Nuno would get much more out of them so quickly :lol:
I reckon he would get a shot on target out of 220m of attacking players in the first 82 minutes of a game against a team with 1 win in 12 away from home in Europe

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Simeone yet again proving that more than any other A-list manager he is the one who would fit the best Arsenal traditions of resilience and character and at the same time provide the revolution that we have increasingly needed during a decade of gradual decay.

Liverpool played extremely well going forward tonight and on that form would have blown away most top European opposition, probably including Barcelona as they did last year. But Atletico dug in, weathered the storm, and when they went behind Simeone's substitutions proved a masterstroke. Yes, they were fortunate that Liverpool's keeper was missing but that they were a credit to the manager I would love to be in charge at Arsenal.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm
Simeone yet again proving that more than any other A-list manager he is the one who would fit the best Arsenal traditions of resilience and character and at the same time provide the revolution that we have increasingly needed during a decade of gradual decay.

Liverpool played extremely well going forward tonight and on that form would have blown away most top European opposition, probably including Barcelona as they did last year. But Atletico dug in, weathered the storm, and when they went behind Simeone's substitutions proved a masterstroke. Yes, they were fortunate that Liverpool's keeper was missing but that they were a credit to the manager I would love to be in charge at Arsenal.
I concur wholeheartedly 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Concur with your concuring. Didn't think Atletico played brilliantly for a lot of normal time and they coughed up more chances than usual. However they did come through and once they scored there was no way they were losing the game. Simeone has a touch of genius added to a lot of passion and a piece of pure evil. He must be hated by opponents but if the Atletico players buy into what he is doing he must be a joy to work with.
I'm still ok with Arteta , still willing to give him time but Simeone would be a massive upgrade , not just on Arteta but on most managers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:39 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Concur with your concuring. Didn't think Atletico played brilliantly for a lot of normal time and they coughed up more chances than usual. However they did come through and once they scored there was no way they were losing the game. Simeone has a touch of genius added to a lot of passion and a piece of pure evil. He must be hated by opponents but if the Atletico players buy into what he is doing he must be a joy to work with.
I'm still ok with Arteta , still willing to give him time but Simeone would be a massive upgrade , not just on Arteta but on most managers.
I concur with your concuring of his concuring. 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

That is a lot of concurring which I concur with however all reports are that he is unlikely to ever Manage in England due to personal reasons...... :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The lack of spoken English didn’t do Emery any favours and apparently earns 41 million euros a year.
So he ain’t coming any time soon