Soton H Sat 23rd Ko 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Soton H Sat 23rd Ko 3pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:03 pm
If we lose this I expect him to resign not even wait to be sacked.

Ps this game is live on premier 1 channel here in Ireland,.
Sadly, I think he has that wengerishness about him and will cling on till he's told to 'Do One' by the board. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps; I'm hoping there's a good chance it will be n Clummo TV over here! :D :barscarf:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:36 pm
ps; I'm hoping there's a good chance it will be n Clummo TV over here! :D :barscarf:
Of course it will. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:36 pm
Of course it will. :barscarf:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cheekkiss:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Football:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50508471

Granit Xhaka: Arsenal midfielder could return against Southampton - Unai Emery

"Unai Emery says Granit Xhaka could return to the Arsenal team against Southampton on Saturday, despite recently claiming he was unsure if he would play for the club again.

Xhaka, 27, was stripped of the captaincy following his angry confrontation with Gunners fans in a game against Crystal Palace last month.

The midfielder has not featured in Arsenal's last four games but boss Emery feels he is now ready to return.

"We will decide on Friday," said Emery.

"He is coming back better in his mind, his mindset is better to help us and to be closer to playing when we need him."

Xhaka had been an ever present for Arsenal this season but reacted to being booed as he walked off the pitch in the 2-2 draw with Palace in October by cupping his ears.

The Switzerland international later released a statement saying he had "reached boiling point" following repeated threats to his wife and daughter.

Emery added: "I spoke to him this morning and we had a very good conversation. He trained very well before the international break and he trained very well this morning.

"My objective is going to be his comeback to help us and convince every supporter of his commitment with us and his performances will be better and they will be proud of him in the short or long future with u
s."

Emery really doesn't have a fecking scooby....

He suffers from the same delusional arrogant insanity that brought about the end of TOF.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 pm
BBC Football:

"Unai Emery says Granit Xhaka could return to the Arsenal team against Southampton on Saturday, despite recently claiming he was unsure if he would play for the club again.

Xhaka, 27, was stripped of the captaincy following his angry confrontation with Gunners fans in a game against Crystal Palace last month.

The midfielder has not featured in Arsenal's last four games but boss Emery feels he is now ready to return.

"He is coming back better in his mind, his mindset is better to help us and to be closer to playing when we need him."

Xhaka had been an ever present for Arsenal this season but reacted to being booed as he walked off the pitch in the 2-2 draw with Palace in October by cupping his ears.

The Switzerland international later released a statement saying he had "reached boiling point" following repeated threats to his wife and daughter.

Emery added: "I spoke to him this morning and we had a very good conversation. He trained very well before the international break and he trained very well this morning.

"My objective is going to be his comeback to help us and convince every supporter of his commitment with us and his performances will be better and they will be proud of him in the short or long future with u
s."

He suffers from the same delusional arrogant insanity that brought about the end of TOF.

If I didn’t know better, I’d suspect that Dick is intent on getting the sack and walking away with a nice big pay-off. :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC Football:

s."

If I didn’t know better, I’d suspect that Dick is intent on getting the sack and walking away with a nice big pay-off. :rubchin:
If el reenghole plays that Swiss fannybulge it's a big fuck you lot to the fans..Xhaka should never play for us again..el reenghole is an arrogant arsepiece just like his predecessor was..

Midz

Post by Midz »

If he does play it just needs for the fans to boo him again and he'll flip. no doubt he'll do something stupid.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Midz wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 pm
If he does play it just needs for the fans to boo him again and he'll flip. no doubt he'll do something stupid.

^^^^ This.
He can't expect the supporters to be so forgiving, especially as no apology was issued.
A poor result on top, and Dick's position as manager will be untenable.
Interesting times ahead.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Fans should give Xhaka hell on Saturday..........but this is the library we are talking about and the sheep sitting on their iPhones and tablets will probably give Xhaka a standing ovation for what he’s been through, bless.
Hound him out our club and Dick has to follow!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Looks like rain so might bother to watch this, then again might not..

Who cares?. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That BBC article above is a disgrace. Like other shit written about that incident it implies the whole situation was the fans fault for trolling him and threatening his wife and kids and then the same fans booing him for no reason and then he reacted.

Fucking horseshit.

The Internet threats and trolling are a separate issue. He was jeered when subbed and then decided to walk slowly off the pitch when we were desperately chasing a winner. THAT'S why he was then booed. And then he had a hissy.

Fucking media scum. :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC Football:

s."

He's got to play him to allow him to pretend that he still has the upper hand and isn't bowing to fan pressure. If he gets abuse, which he will, the pair of them will then try and play the wounded party and put him up for sale. My feeling is that Xhaka is off in January but the club and player need to justify their reasons for it. Blaming on the fans is always an easy one for the club.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:22 am
That BBC article above is a disgrace. Like other shit written about that incident it implies the whole situation was the fans fault for trolling him and threatening his wife and kids and then the same fans booing him for no reason and then he reacted.

Fucking horseshit.

The Internet threats and trolling are a separate issue. He was jeered when subbed and then decided to walk slowly off the pitch when we were desperately chasing a winner. THAT'S why he was then booed. And then he had a hissy.

Fucking media scum. :censored:
You obvously dont pay much attention to the BBC these days, that is standard quality for them across all topics, sport, politics, current affairs etc.

The days when it was good old trusty 'Auntie Beeb' are long gone, its great if you just want opinion pieces, not so great if your looking for facts to form your opinion from :wink:

As for the match I suspect we'll be leading at half time and conspire to fuck it up later. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

weird time for a kick off - 3pm on a Saturday :wink: :D