Norwich A Sun Dec 1st 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Norwich A Sun Dec 1st 2pm

Post by A11M11 »

Fun fact for you guys:- Norwich is the inbreeding capital of Britain

Might have been once , now it's a university town full of students dragged in from all over the place. Just like many other cities the locals have moved away as far as possible .

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:24 pm
No reflection on Freddie but i still don't expect much from this game, even with the 'bounce', a couple of days is nothing and even though he's been around the squad all season as assistant he knows things need to change and that'll take time. Solid performance would be nice even losing if you see some structure it would be a start.

GL Freddie you're going to need it with this lot and those above you

Now, COYG lets smash them :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Same as that - even personally I had a bounce yesterday thinking that MAYBE the clouds around the club will lift again, but today I am being in the real world and acknowledging that not much can be expected to change in 48 hours. Attitude and application has been the main reason for our failures to date, and playing in a tight ground with opposition players in our faces every second of the game, has been a serious issue for us since we stop having physical players like PV4 in our team - tomorrow I suspect the players who downed tools for emery will come out fired up, but that fire will quickly die out if the Norwich players get in their faces, and if we go behind we can forget about it :roll:

I know the old adage of everyone starting with a clean slate when a new manager comes in, but I have to be honest and say that I will be absolutely fcuking raging if freddie gives xhaka and ozil a clean slate and puts them back in the team - freddie has always connected with the fans, and even yesterday his statement was aimed at the fans, so he should be fully aware of how unacceptable xhaka's behavior to the fans was, so if he "forgave him" it would be a no coming back from that for me. Likewise Freddie played in the premier league for a number of years and knows how important work-rate is regardless of how good a player is, so I would be very disappointed if he allowed any players to drift along through games, and ozil does that far too often.

Believe it or not, worse case scenario for me tomorrow is that the players come flying out of the traps with the type of performance which makes the board think that Freddie should get the managers job - obviously I want us to win, but I don't want us to get the type of positive bounce that was witnessed at manure, and for sentiment for a former favourite to influence the decision on a full time appointment. If fans think that the board were slow to get rid of emery, can you imagine how slow they would be to get rid of a fans favourite if his team was on a similar run as emery had ? The board know that they are almost universally despised by Gooners everywhere, and the last thing they would want is to have to sack a guy like freddie

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ArsenalAcademy manager Per Mertesacker will be supporting interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg in the short-term.

Per will be in the dugout at Carrow Road tomorrow.

#NORARS https://t.co/rvWJRd2pDG

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:56 am
ArsenalAcademy manager Per Mertesacker will be supporting interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg in the short-term.

Nice fella, but another who was there during Wenger's era of a losing culture and took part in several of the great hammerings we took over those years. Hardly the guy needed to add that defensive steel

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

In the sky interview Freddie said he had to put a backroom team together in 48 hours.

Not a surprise hes using in house resources as he might be in charge for just one game.

Ryan Garry, former Arsenal Youth defender, and former u-23 coach will also be an assistant.

Gilberto says hes had no contact from The Arsenal, but he is living in London again.

Keown is in the paper urging Freddie to drop luiz, i hope he does.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:57 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

In the sky interview Freddie said he had to put a backroom team together in 48 hours.

Not a surprise hes using in house resources as he might be in charge for just one game.

Ryan Garry, former Arsenal Youth defender, and former u-23 coach will also be an assistant.

Gilberto says hes had no contact from The Arsenal, but he is living in London again.

Keown is in the paper urging Freddie to drop luiz, i hope he does.

Keown, Petit, Seaman and a few others are saying that PV4 should get the job - he wouldn't be ahead of allegri or Ancelotti on my list, but would be ahead of the rest

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ger-emery/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Can't help but think it's time to give bellend, chambers, holding and tierney a try as the defence. Wish I could say that more confidently but there you go.

Torreira in front of them and I'd feel a whole lot happier if we had somebody else we could trust defensively to sit along side him to give us a bit more security.

Then he can chuck in the usual mix of midfield/forwards but I am expecting some bloody discipline defensively today.

It will be interesting to get Freddie's take on Ozil given Freddie's workrate as a player and I am hoping that somehow he can get Pepe playing before he disappears into obscurity.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Let the relegation battle begin. :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal XI: Leno, Chambers, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Subs: Tierney, Papastathopoulos, Torreira, Pepe, Martinez, Martinelli, Saka.

#NORARS
https://t.co/GdncIS1KJI

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac and Ozil all start :shock:

Wow - what bounce

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Starting Xhakatard and Mustafalaugh. Freddie can fuck off too. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:03 pm
So Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac and Ozil all start :shock:

Wow

Wow ??? Freddie can fcuk right off and go back to manager the nursery sides again :evil: :evil: Another bottling c.untin manager who is bowing down to all the senior players to gain favour with them - all the talk about him being good for bringing through young players, and then he goes and pick everyone of the old failing players (xhaka, luiz, kolasniac, ozil and mustafi) that have fcuked us over again and again

FUCK OFF Freddie if that is the best you can do :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:06 pm
Starting Xhakatard and Mustafalaugh. Freddie can fuck off too. :roll:

Got there before me DB10 - it is a disgraceful first team selection

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chambers, Sideshow Bob, Kolasinac, and Mustafalaugh. That's 2 goals conceded stupidly before we even kick a ball ffs. :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Oh FFS :banghead:

If there was a bubble, it’s just been burst.