Brighton H Thurs 5th Dec KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Brighton H Thurs 5th Dec KO 815pm

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:59 am
Every time I think we may have turned a corner, it turns out it goes downhill again!! I’ve come to the conclusion that we are actually shit!! :roll: :banghead:
Indeed we are shite :oops: copious amounts of it.Weve got a shit owner and weve had a horrendous last few windows when you think of it,sure we've bought some half decent players but we've also bought some right shite aswell..add to that the stinking attitude mostly left over from le fartpipe and then el reenghole adding his confusion and tinkering to the mix.Now we have a novice picking a team with the Swiss fannybulge,Herr shitebag and kolasinic starting then you have a recipe for disaster..midtable obscurity here we come/are.

augie

Post by augie »

It is my total belief that Freddie is nowhere near ready to be manager of AFC and as such I hope that he doesn't get it, but lets be honest here and say that even Freddie himself would accept that there is no way he can expect to be given the job full-time if he doesn't win tomorrow night. We might be playing like shit lately, but this is a home game against a team that will be fighting relegation by the seasons end, and we should be beating them comfortably - when I say comfortably I don't mean by 3 or more goals, I mean by the manner of the victory and not the margin of it. After his shocking team selection last Sunday, all eyes will be on the starting line-up tomorrow night, and if he goes with the same starting team (or most of it), then he really is giving himself no wiggle room

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Brighton are on a 3 game losing streak..on Sunday pukki was on an umpteen game goal drought..what could go wrong tomorrow eh we are shite they are shite you know the rest :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:38 pm
It is my total belief that Freddie is nowhere near ready to be manager of AFC and as such I hope that he doesn't get it, but lets be honest here and say that even Freddie himself would accept that there is no way he can expect to be given the job full-time if he doesn't win tomorrow night. We might be playing like shit lately, but this is a home game for a team that will be fighting relegation by the seasons end, and we wont be beating them comfortably - when I say comfortably I don't mean by 3 or more goals, I mean by the manner of the victory and not the margin of it. After his shocking team selection last Sunday, all eyes will be on the starting line-up tomorrow night, and if he goes with the same starting team (or most of it), then he really is giving himself no wiggle room
Tad pessimistic there Augie, although maybe not far from the truth :rubchin:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Another point towards our relegation battle. 1-1 or 2-2. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:33 pm
Brighton are on a 3 game losing streak..on Sunday pukki was on an umpteen game goal drought..what could go wrong tomorrow eh we are shite they are shite you know the rest :barscarf:
He's asking Wenger for advice. :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

If relegation got rid of the krankies and the board plus nearly every single player, coaches, scouts, stewards, tea ladies and last but not least the women's team, t :wink: then I would take that.

It's all so boring and predictable and if we were relegated at least the pool fans I know would be so focused on our demise that they would forget to brag about winning the league with a record points haul and going unbeaten.

Apart from this it's happy days :barscarf: :cry:

Oh and we will lose 2-3 with their paraplegic sub getting a hat trick :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

a big match as we battle for one of those Europa League places :oops:

by the way I'm loving Amazon Prime - was in a pub last night and it was amazing to have 6 games to watch all going on at the same time :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:57 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 pm
The new manager bounce [(c) SlySports] is on its way kiddies!! :shock:

5 fucking nil to the Arsenal. Have it you cùnts.

:barscarf:

:shock:

:rubchin:

:suicide:

:wink:
More chance of a rocking horse dropping a log DB :lol:
:lol:

Probably also more chance of M&S selling Furburgers.

"This isn't just any gristly hairy pockmarked old vadge.... this is an M&S gristly hairy pockmarked old vadge...."

:D
Ohhh! Great! Thanks a Bunch DB! Yeah Great! Cheers!! I went in M & S Yesterday on the way home from work and I said to the nice lady who stands by the Self-Serve Check-outs to help any retard who can't figure out how to press a few buttons with one of the 6 fingers on their hand "Excuse me nice young lady but where would I find the Furburgers please?"

Next thing I know I've got a searing painful spasm coursing throughout my entire body, I'm on the floor and she is kicking seven shades out of me and saying, "This is no ordinary Electric Stun Gun, this is an M & S Electric Stun Gun and these are Special Edition M & S Dr Marten Boots".

:(

Yer barstewards could have warned me they don't sell them. :(

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 am

by the way I'm loving Amazon Prime - was in a pub last night and it was amazing to have 6 games to watch all going on at the same time :barscarf:
Oooh, you dreamer. We're firmly in a battle for the top-half. In terms of the Amazon Prime thing, it'll be interesting to see whether this is something which is allowed more frequently in coming seasons. For years, English football has had this mania about not broadcasting matches when others are going on at the same time for fear of affecting gates at other matches. I think we might see more Premier League matches played on days when there is no other games going on, especially Tuesdays or Sundays and more deals with broadcasters to show all the matches. I think Sky Germany have been doing this type of thing with the Bundesliga for a few years. They broadcast all the matches being played on different channels and have a channel which shows one main game but then cuts to the action and goals from all the others. So you can either watch your team's game or if you're a casual fan or don't support one of the teams playing, you can see all the action as it happens. It's quite a popular thing on a Saturday to go to the pub if you're not at at a game and watch the goals go in from around the league. The deal only applies in the countries bordering Germany but seems to have become a bit of a template for other leagues and their future tv deals.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For anyone who just cannot stand the tension of waiting to see & hear what Line-up Freddie has chosen for tonight's 6 pointer relegation battle with Brighton & H.A, here is a little something to soothe those nerves and distract the aggravating, constant Mind Chatter that is the plague of Caring, Devoted Gooners...

It is only 4 minutes 45 Seconds in Duration and is from the BBC (so you know it IS SFW) - Though there is the occasional naughty word in it.

Presented by Bob Mortimer and Frankie Boyle, it is not only informative but insightful with regards 'Peas' - I don't wish to say anything further a sit might be deemed as a "Spoiler".

One critic wrote: "Never has cooking by the average male been more informative and the place of the kitchen been more inspiring; especially to those of us who don't even know how to boil an egg"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... okery-show

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:08 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 am

Oooh, you dreamer. We're firmly in a battle for the top-half. In terms of the Amazon Prime thing, it'll be interesting to see whether this is something which is allowed more frequently in coming seasons. For years, English football has had this mania about not broadcasting matches when others are going on at the same time for fear of affecting gates at other matches. I think we might see more Premier League matches played on days when there is no other games going on, especially Tuesdays or Sundays and more deals with broadcasters to show all the matches. I think Sky Germany have been doing this type of thing with the Bundesliga for a few years. They broadcast all the matches being played on different channels and have a channel which shows one main game but then cuts to the action and goals from all the others. So you can either watch your team's game or if you're a casual fan or don't support one of the teams playing, you can see all the action as it happens. It's quite a popular thing on a Saturday to go to the pub if you're not at at a game and watch the goals go in from around the league. The deal only applies in the countries bordering Germany but seems to have become a bit of a template for other leagues and their future tv deals.
You're correct about Sky Sports Germany. NBC also do it in the US for our Premier League. All matches are covered individually, Goal Rush covers one main match that switches to show goals etc from other games and they also have a split screen broadcast that shows three matches at the same time.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Taking my girlfriend to her first ever Arsenal game tonight so would like a win for that reason if nothing else.

Not exactly the most glamorous fixture to get her hooked on the Arsenal :roll: :D

Anyway few drinks in the boozer before hand & soak up the atmosphere , should be a good day. Win , lose or draw!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

scotgooner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am
Taking my girlfriend to her first ever Arsenal game tonight so would like a win for that reason if nothing else.

Not exactly the most glamorous fixture to get her hooked on the Arsenal :roll: :D

Anyway few drinks in the boozer before hand & soak up the atmosphere , should be a good day. Win , lose or draw!
Taking the bird up the Arse for the first time, eh? Hope it's not too painful for her!
:D :gus:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 am
scotgooner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am

Taking the bird up the Arse for the first time, eh? Hope it's not too painful for her!
:D :gus:
Damn you beat me to it. :?

:D :wink: