West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

Post by Rian1 »

Just feels like we have a manager with better English - that's about it. UE didn't play Ozil because of his reasons now Freddie doesn't play Pepe because of his viewing of him in training. When will any of our managers learn that the fucking team comes BEFORE their ego clashes and training behaviour.

If you think you are punishing a player for his attitude but then proceed to draw against Norwich and lose at home to Brighton you definitely are not fit for the job. The real ballsy manager can punish whoever they want and then walk out of the match-day with a win showing 'look, we win without you'.

The manager leaves him out of the starting 11 because of attitude in training... but then puts him on when we are behind. Make your fucking mind up.

1-2 to us for tomorrow. If we manage to somehow fuck it up against a WH that is in half crisis, please fucking activate Brendan Rodger's clause in the contract and bring him in because with Freddie through the December fixtures means relegation.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

one more point towards our 40 point target would be nice but can't see it happening !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

at least a relegation fight means something to play for.

I suppose this is what they call "a six pointer" tonight.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Can't really see anything other than a defeat. Draw at absolute best. Fucking hell, I'm already depressed and I haven't even started watching the game yet.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Quite funny reading how bad some of our fans think WH are. No matter........we're worse. A nailed on defeat.

I honestly don't think any of our players even care. I'm not kidding either, because the ones who might actually care about their cushy little gigs at AFC, probably shouldn't be in the team anyway. As for the better players...... If you were working at a company which you intended leaving, would you care if they were heading for bankruptcy??

The malaise and rot throughout the entire team runs very, very deep.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 am
Quite funny reading how bad some of our fans think WH are. No matter........we're worse. A nailed on defeat.

I honestly don't think any of our players even care. I'm not kidding either, because the ones who might actually care about their cushy little gigs at AFC, probably shouldn't be in the team anyway. As for the better players...... If you were working at a company which you intended leaving, would you care if they were heading for bankruptcy??

The malaise and rot throughout the entire team runs very, very deep.
how do you work that one out ?
they have lost 6 of their last 8 league matches.
we have only lost 4 all season.

tonight is our only hope of a result all month.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Relegation 6 pointer.

Tierney on the bench, 2 muppets playing center back, the swiss turd getting destroyed in midfield, Willock on the team sheet but MIA out on the field and one of Europe's most clinical finishers shoehorned out on the wing.

Can't wait :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The delay in fully integrating Kieran Tierney at left-back has not only been down to a hip injury but also a shoulder problem. [The Athletic ]

Herd

Post by Herd »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am
So we can kiss contract negotiations with Laca and Auba goodbye then just in case we were in any doubt.
Right now contract negotiations are the least of our worries ,we are facing the apocalypse ,the horror !
100 years after we bribed our way into the top division we face leaving it.
Not going to happen. In the same way that DB10 kept saying the victims won't win the title (until about a month ago) I'm saying we won't get relegated. There said it.....what could possibly go wrong :rubchin:
Ah the memories of the 74 75 and 75 76 seasons when alan ball and brian kid saved us from doom. I'd pay good gold for a leader like Ball !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

WHU's Sebastien Haller hasn't scored a goal since the 05/10/2019.
I guess you shld put a bet on him to score then.

Via bloke on twitter

Clash

Post by Clash »

Herd wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
So we can kiss contract negotiations with Laca and Auba goodbye then just in case we were in any doubt.
Right now contract negotiations are the least of our worries ,we are facing the apocalypse ,the horror !
Not going to happen. In the same way that DB10 kept saying the victims won't win the title (until about a month ago) I'm saying we won't get relegated. There said it.....what could possibly go wrong :rubchin:
Ah the memories of the 74 75 and 75 76 seasons when alan ball and brian kid saved us from doom. I'd pay good gold for a leader like Ball !
Bit before my time so I stand to be corrected but wasnt Jimmy Rimmer also a key reason we stayed up too?

Clash

Post by Clash »

As things stand, I do not think we will sink low enough to actually get relegated but we shouldnt be too complacent about it either.

Nor should we assume that if the unthinkable happened we would bounce straight back. Could anyone really see this weak set of players (less the likes of Leno, Aubameyang, Lacazette who wouldnt hang around of course.) coping with a 46 game season in what is a tough league to get out of?

Obviously I would absolutely hate us to lose our proud and unique record of never being relegated but the painful truth is that it might take something as drastic and crushing as relegation to cleanse ourselves of everything that has gone wrong in the last decade. The club have trampled over practically all our other traditions so why not finish us off with a bullet to the head? :roll:

Life in the championship would at least get ourselves out of the PL circus and this obsession with top 4 for a while. It might get rid of the owner, the tourist fans, the odious followers that were only attracted by Wenger's intelligence / artistic style of football :roll: ... plus all the mercenary players that have been infesting our club for years. It would mean home crowds would be down but at least it would only be the hardcore. We would probably still have a very big away support everywhere we went too and some new ground to visit.

On the other hand it would be a humiliation too far and I cant believe I am even making a case for it :suicide: .

In truth we'd have just as many mercenaries but instead they'd be from Lithuania instead of France or Spain etc. And Kroenke still might not f-ck off either! :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 pm
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Bit before my time so I stand to be corrected but wasnt Jimmy Rimmer also a key reason we stayed up too?
Ah 1975...my introduction to the Arsenal as a birthday present - we lost to Derby and I didn't keep the programme. Sat in the east upper and will never forget the glimpses of the pitch as we walked along the inside of the east stand before that moment when you walked up the steps and saw Highbury in all it's glory - brilliant. So technically Jimmy Rimmer ruined my birthday, the selfish git :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:54 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 pm
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:

Ah 1975...my introduction to the Arsenal as a birthday present - we lost to Derby and I didn't keep the programme. Sat in the east upper and will never forget the glimpses of the pitch as we walked along the inside of the east stand before that moment when you walked up the steps and saw Highbury in all it's glory - brilliant. So technically Jimmy Rimmer ruined my birthday, the selfish git :lol:
:lol:

Poor ole Jim - Thing was he was taking over from a Proper Arsenal Legend Bob (safe as Ouses) Wilson, even so I think I'm right in saying he went on to win Player of the Year/Season award didn't he, can't remember the year..but he was a decent keeper...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

At least the Pikey Andy Carroll isn't still with them as he Always scores against us - even when he's been shyte or Injured for years... :?

I'm going for a close fought (okay so I'm being optimistic using such a term) draw of 2 -2. <fingerscrossed> :|