Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

SteveO 35

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by SteveO 35 »

Loving the PR bandwagon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55310671

Apparently he's doing a great job and we need to be patient and back him......even though the warning has been issued that we won't spent big in January

Absolutely loving this - the club are now so vested in this cock that not only has he been allowed to give us our worst start in 45 years and leave us with the most unbalanced squad in living memory.......we're now all supposed to buy in to the great things he's doing and believe that it will be the existing crop of players that turn it round

Imagine being so bad that Arsene Wenger 12 years post his lobotomy sounds like a more attractive managerial proposition than this cock

The club know that they've got egg all over their faces but now its all about backing our man - shame there wasn't some of that sentiment just over a year ago. Double standards? I'd say so

John F

Post by John F »

Edu said when we first signed Willian that he was excited and felt he was a player who would have an impact straight away.Few months down the line he now claims we should not expect an instant impact."What do you expect"? "you want it straight away " Boom! "Willian can be the best one". At least he got the word BOOM right ,Boom like a rocket straight up Willians Arse out of here.

augie

Post by augie »

Tbh there are times like this when I feel embarrassed to be a Gooner - there have been some woeful defeats in recent years that have been bad, but looking at how a once massive club now behave like like some small town club is worse than any big defeat cos it is ongoing and will cause more long term damage. They behave like we should be grateful and happy to be in the middle of this fiasco - we should be grateful that our club is breaking all kinds of club records in a negative way ? Apparently this is all being caused by the pandemic and we should allow for that - it's funny cos everywhere else I look at see the teams expected to be challenging for europe are in the positions to do so, and likewise the teams expected to be fighting relegation are indeed down at the bottom, so it seems to be that it is only our club that the pandemic has had a profound effect on :roll: :oops: :oops:

I have said all along that I didnt believe that sacking arteta is anywhere near being a consideration for this board, and the only hope we have is that arteta ups and walks away himself. Problem with that is that I believe that he is such an arrogant cock that he doesnt believe that he will fail and that he is the right man for the job :roll: The one thing that could push him towards the exit is if the reports of in house disharmony and cliques are actually true, cos that would drive any manager to the edge imo. I would find it ironic and comical if those players that undermined emery before arteta cajoled them back, were the very same players that again caused trouble behind the scenes that led to another change of manager :lol: Again I will say that I dont think that he will be leaving anytime soon

If I thought that it would do any good I would appeal to those running the club to show some pride in what used to be a great club. Dont settle for this shit as though we cant be any better than this. There is only so long that you can test the fans patience, and they are so lucky that fans cant attend games but I think the day is coming where they will get that message loud and clear. Booing inside the stadium is one thing, but it was the non attendance at matches that brought about wenger's removal, and when they open the doors fully again, they will see the same non attendance but on a bigger scale. You can let in 2k of those high level members and you will get some clowns giving the players a lovely clap off after a shameful performance, but see if you get the same response to those grassroot fans - not gonna happen

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:11 am
For any of you naive enough to think that pep's waterboy will be leaving any time soon ....

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... u-23168063

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-23167235

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... el-arteta/

The part I like most of all is where he says that willian will come good and that it will just take time - at 32 years of age it will take time ??? At 32 years of age the one thing he doesnt have is time :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :censored: :censored: :censored:
32 AND years of PL experience. We need to give him time to adjust. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Lego head on wanker Xaha...

"What I can say about Granit is his professionalism and his commitment with the club and with his team is maximum.

"He knows and we all know he had a moment where he lost it. And I know the reason why but what I cannot do is just take everything he has done away because he has made a mistake.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:06 am

"What I can say about Granit is his professionalism and his commitment with the club and with his team is maximum.

"He knows and we all know he had a moment where he lost it. And I know the reason why but what I cannot do is just take everything he has done away because he has made a mistake.
I'm no fan of Pepe but Arteta happily thew him under the bus after the Leeds game. What a pathetic twat to defend Xhaka, but scapegoat other players, what a *word censored*

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:57 am
Redarmy wrote:

I'm no fan of Pepe but Arteta happily thew him under the bus after the Leeds game. What a pathetic twat to defend Xhaka, but scapegoat other players, what a *word censored*
Except he didn`t did he? He said exactly the same after the Soton game about Xhaka as he said after the Leeds game about Pepe, that Xhaka let the team down and it was unacceptable what he did.
I`m all for putting the boot into the club at the minute but lets not just make stuff up to fit our agenda!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:

WOW, words fail me ....... even the most loyal manager surely can't give this idiot another game !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think in the interview he even said it was worse than Pepe and was just about to add something else but Geoff Shreeves cut him off because he likes the sound of his own fucking voice so much :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:08 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Except he didn`t did he? He said exactly the same after the Soton game about Xhaka as he said after the Leeds game about Pepe, that Xhaka let the team down and it was unacceptable what he did.
I`m all for putting the boot into the club at the minute but lets not just make stuff up to fit our agenda!

I'm sorry but I didnt see any defence of guendouzi when he went to choke that muapay snake at brighton - I seen a manager YET AGAIN isolate the small fish and throw him out of the pond to show what a big man he is, but who then allowed his balls to disappear up his own arse when he was faced with dealing with a dressing room leader (xhaka) for a similar incident. :censored: :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck knows what's going/gone on but I don't think you can make the big fish/little fish argument Augie when the biggest fish of all on 350 grand a week was also banished.

If he was afraid of rocking the boat with the senior pros then the bug eyed bottle job would still be in the ranks so it can't be as simple as that.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

I'm sorry but I didnt see any defence of guendouzi when he went to choke that muapay snake at brighton - I seen a manager YET AGAIN isolate the small fish and throw him out of the pond to show what a big man he is, but who then allowed his balls to disappear up his own arse when he was faced with dealing with a dressing room leader (xhaka) for a similar incident. :censored: :censored:
[/quote]

I agree its a one weird with Guendouzi, I think we all agree something else has gone on between them for him to loan him out so quickly but I doubt its solely what happened against Brighton, what did Torreira or anyone else who has been loaned out do?
Maybe it was just a footballing decision, he thought he needed to grow up a bit before coming back and being a main player? who knows, only Arteta so its pointless making up stories to fit your argument which is exactly what you have done!
The fact is, Pepe and Xhaka have been treated the same by Arteta for both being complete pricks and letting the team down.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:08 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

:shock:

You've been on here before, right :lol:

Read the conspiracy theorists posts, they're better than anything that was posted in The Sport years ago, even the Elvis Presley statue on mars :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:43 pm

I agree its a one weird with Guendouzi, I think we all agree something else has gone on between them for him to loan him out so quickly but I doubt its solely what happened against Brighton, what did Torreira or anyone else who has been loaned out do?
Maybe it was just a footballing decision, he thought he needed to grow up a bit before coming back and being a main player? who knows, only Arteta so its pointless making up stories to fit your argument which is exactly what you have done!
The fact is, Pepe and Xhaka have been treated the same by Arteta for both being complete pricks and letting the team down.
[/quote]

Making up stories ?? Are you shitting me ? Guendouzi was jettison out of the club with haste - a young player that MIGHT have come good with some coaching, but pep's cone man got rid. If he doesnt freeze xhaka out of the squad and get him out of of the club next month, then we are talking about different rules for different players. I also never seen arteta come out with the big threatening statement when stories were being leaked about what a bad egg guendouzi was behind the scenes - I guess some leaks suit his narritive and some dont :roll:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Making up stories ?? Are you shitting me ? Guendouzi was jettison out of the club with haste - a young player that MIGHT have come good with some coaching, but pep's cone man got rid. If he doesnt freeze xhaka out of the squad and get him out of of the club next month, then we are talking about different rules for different players. I also never seen arteta come out with the big threatening statement when stories were being leaked about what a bad egg guendouzi was behind the scenes - I guess some leaks suit his narritive and some dont :roll:
[/quote]

Same as you then :roll: