Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

Redarmy

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Redarmy »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:43 pm
I'm sorry but I didnt see any defence of guendouzi when he went to choke that muapay snake at brighton - I seen a manager YET AGAIN isolate the small fish and throw him out of the pond to show what a big man he is, but who then allowed his balls to disappear up his own arse when he was faced with dealing with a dressing room leader (xhaka) for a similar incident. :censored: :censored:

I agree its a one weird with Guendouzi, I think we all agree something else has gone on between them for him to loan him out so quickly but I doubt its solely what happened against Brighton, what did Torreira or anyone else who has been loaned out do?
Maybe it was just a footballing decision, he thought he needed to grow up a bit before coming back and being a main player? who knows, only Arteta so its pointless making up stories to fit your argument which is exactly what you have done!
The fact is, Pepe and Xhaka have been treated the same by Arteta for both being complete pricks and letting the team down.
[/quote]

Not sure who is saying Xaha is a dressing room leader, mind you hes probably the worst lump of turd i have ever seen in the famous jersey

I cant watch any games that he plays in....absolute fraud of a player

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

https://www.football365.com/news/mikel- ... cky-moment

pep's cone man seems to have issues in learning the lesson, he's a leetle beet stubborn even when he's wrong. Now where have i seen that before.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

It seems yet another manager's blinded faith in Xhaka will cost him his job, I have to agree now there are double standards here with Guendozi who I liked but obviously something had gone on behind the scene with his attitude. However whatever that was it can't be a patch on the countless time Xhaka has let the club down.
if he held his hands up now and dropped Laca, Xhaka and Willian and played the kids I think fans would for a while give him some leeway but to be too stubborn to drop them or even more worryingly cannot see the damage these players are doing will lead to his eventual downfall.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta has the full backing of KSE. The long-term plan is to create a 'cultural overhaul' which will see a number of players leave the club over the next few months. [@ChrisWheatley_]
https://t.co/fTKIIwGETA

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:33 pm
Arteta has the full backing of KSE. The long-term plan is to create a 'cultural overhaul' which will see a number of players leave the club over the next few months. [@ChrisWheatley_]
https://t.co/fTKIIwGETA
Presumably, the cultural overhaul's main aim is to create a culture of defeat, leading to the establishment of a culture of relegation.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

On tonight’s fans’ forum with Vinai Venkatesham and Edu.

Key points:

- 100% behind Arteta
- Creative central player the transfer priority
- Edu denies any split between players & Arteta
- Talks planned to map out Saliba’s future
- Pepe & Xhaka fined for red cards

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:13 pm
On tonight’s fans’ forum with Vinai Venkatesham and Edu.

Key points:

- 100% behind Arteta
- Creative central player the transfer priority
- Edu denies any split between players & Arteta
- Talks planned to map out Saliba’s future
- Pepe & Xhaka fined for red cards
Absolutely fucked off to the eyeballs reading the Arteta love in. Don't remember any of this from last season when the manager needed their support. Double standards or what........but then when you've nailed your colours to the mast and made a cock of yourself, you go through this cycle of denial.
Once the Jan window closes and this prick is still manager, lock yourself in for the relegation battle. There's no "big and beautiful" future

augie

Post by augie »

I especially like the quote from yesterday's press conference

"When you're not getting results at the end of the day it's the manager who has the maximum responsibility to get them. This football club is too big to accept this many losses in the past few weeks"

If he knows it is on him, and if he knows that losing all these games is unacceptable, then why doesnt he do the decent thing and fcuk off ??

Or how about this pearler (cant remember the exact words)

"if you take away the results we are back to where we started"

Firstly how the fcuk can you take away the results ??? Secondly, you started in 8th sunshine, and now we are in 15th - you have taken us back way below where you started, and your performance is worse than anything the senile old cock produced in his last decade :roll: :oops: :oops:

Love these stats :roll:

Defeat means Arsenal have now lost four straight league games at home for the first time in 61 years.

The Gunners have gone 12 hours and 32 top-flight minutes without finding the net from open play
With four wins and a draw after 12 games, this is their worst start to a top-flight season since 1974-75, when they had won two and drawn three
Their tally of 10 goals after 12 Premier League games is their lowest at this stage of a top-flight season since 1981-82, when they had eight

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 am

"When you're not getting results at the end of the day it's the manager who has the maximum responsibility to get them. This football club is too big to accept this many losses in the past few weeks"

If he knows it is on him, and if he knows that losing all these games is unacceptable, then why doesnt he do the decent thing and fcuk off ??

Firstly how the fcuk can you take away the results ??? Secondly, you started in 8th sunshine, and now we are in 15th - you have taken us back way below where you started, and your performance is worse than anything the senile old cock produced in his last decade :roll: :oops: :oops:

Defeat means Arsenal have now lost four straight league games at home for the first time in 61 years.

The Gunners have gone 12 hours and 32 top-flight minutes without finding the net from open play
With four wins and a draw after 12 games, this is their worst start to a top-flight season since 1974-75, when they had won two and drawn three
Their tally of 10 goals after 12 Premier League games is their lowest at this stage of a top-flight season since 1981-82, when they had eight
And yet still I hear the bollocks all over social that he's still the right man for the job, he inherited a mess, needs backing and support

Fine - give him 100m and the January window and bury this myth once and for all. He'll probably sign another winger and a centre half and leave the midfield as it is.

And it still won't be his fault allegedly

So obvious to me what's going on - all those sad acts who wanted Emery to fail so badly, are now having to scrape together the most tenuous arguments to defend their man. I think if we get relegated it will still be Emery's fault. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Its amazing how such an awful, terrible manager who lost the dressing room managed to save Valencia from bankruptcy and got them into the Champions League, won 3 Europa Leagues with Sevilla, the treble with PSG (so piss easy Tuchel couldn't manage it), and improve in one season what the bloke who'd been there for the previous 22 years did on his way out.............and now has Villareal in the top four. All of that despite being an absolute clown with zero man management skills.

Almost defies belief that we went from that to the current genius - the master tactician and motivator - and yet we find ourselves on the end of the worst set of results in 45 years, or 61 years if you look at home results.

Maybe their right - we should just ignore the results and decide who wins the league based on the details of the training sessions and who can speak the best English

herbert

Post by herbert »

Fukin hell SteveO

You need to change that picture in your profile to one of you holding up a picture of Emery :lol:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 am

I really don't understand the Arteta love in. Some are going as far as saying things like 'Other than the results, Arteta has done a great job'. Basically, this sounds like a Wenger redux because people forget that we are a football club which is supposed to win things, or so I thought. As long as the manager is saying the right things in press conferences, he should be given more time. It makes sense to me. :roll: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

I could tolerate the "forget about the results cos we are in a better place" bullshit if there was anything to actually back it up, but the reality is that there is nothing -

Is he building a new younger team to plan around for the next few years ? No he is not

Has he quelled the dressing room unrest and squabbles ? No he has not

Has he offloaded any of the shite wenger had accumulated ? No he has not

Has he improved the team tactically ? Are you having a laff ? It is disastrous

Are we scoring more goals ? :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor old auba

The man is a bluffer that looks the part and can b.ullshit with the best of them :oops: :cussing: :cussing:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

A few months back I said that we will have another situation like Wenger with the f
supporters split.

The people still backing Arteta are The sort that will condemn the club to has been status

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:57 am
I could tolerate the "forget about the results cos we are in a better place" bullshit if there was anything to actually back it up, but the reality is that there is nothing -

Is he building a new younger team to plan around for the next few years ? No he is not

Has he quelled the dressing room unrest and squabbles ? No he has not

Has he offloaded any of the shite wenger had accumulated ? No he has not

Has he improved the team tactically ? Are you having a laff ? It is disastrous

Are we scoring more goals ? :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor old auba

The man is a bluffer that looks the part and can b.ullshit with the best of them :oops: :cussing: :cussing:
The one thread left to cling to is that we're more competitive in the big games and that is fading fast as we were out of the NLD by half time, and we have some big ones coming up soon. Defend like we did against Wolves and Villa and they've got bob hope

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

herbert wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:08 am
Fukin hell SteveO

You need to change that picture in your profile to one of you holding up a picture of Emery :lol:
:D

Wasn't anywhere near my first choice for the job mate and wouldn't be now

Just can't have the facts distorted to suit people's double standards with Arteta.

I know it pains so many people to admit it......but hey, I can't help that!