Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

SteveO 35

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by SteveO 35 »

Pep obviously quick to lend his support and says sacking the cone boy would be a big mistake

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55419850

I've often heard Pep described as visionary but he's taken it to new heights now because apparently "I know his incredible quality as a human being and especially as a manager, how he is involved in everything,"

Yep, even though he has never been a manager before Pep already knows what a great one he is

When rival managers are throwing their support behind your own manager you know you're deep in the shit. Anyone remember a bloke called Wenger?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Incredible manager...he picks Xaha to play in his team FFS.......enough said

Kronke OUT
Venai (whoever the fuck he is) OUT
Edu...OUT
Arteta OUT

Fuck the lot of em

augie

Post by augie »

Pep's cone boy has taken a fox mulder/donald trump turn ...

"at the moment a lot of strange things are happening in every game and that makes things really difficult."

How about this pearler re the upcoming transfer window where he says that the transfer responsibilities lie with edu

"My job is to make the most out of this squad, the players that we have."

A squad loaded with internationals and can barely score a goal and can rarely win a game, so it's fair to say that you are failing :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/23/chelsea- ... -13797068/

I see that helmet headed c.unt has stuck his oar in too........another message supporting cone boy

So that's glowing endorsements from Maureen, Pep and Helmet Head now - three managers that would have been considered rivals once upon a time. Hopefully he'll still be here to hear "Mikel Arteta, we want you to stay" ringing out from opposition fans too

NickF

Post by NickF »

So let's get this straight- the managers of city, the scum and someone who is back at chavski thinks Arteta should stay.

Of course none of those clubs have an interest in the Arsenal doing badly. :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:45 pm
So let's get this straight- the managers of city, the scum and someone who is back at chavski thinks Arteta should stay.

Of course none of those clubs have an interest in the Arsenal doing badly. :roll:
Dont forget that other Arsenal fan...Lineker

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sam Allardyce gearing up already. Asked if he thought Arsenal are rivals at bottom: 'Absolutely. They haven’t won a PL game for almost double figures. Getting beaten last night even though not in PL drains confidence of Arsenal’s players. They will be wondering what has hit them' https://t.co/IJjOmOyJYQ

We're definitely pure banter now

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨🎙️| Unai Emery: "Kubo? We're not here to give 10 games in a row to a player who doesn't offer anything." #rmalive

Anyone think this a dig lol.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bookies got him at 4/6 odds on for the sack

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

All starting to feel a lot like Everton under Mike Walker in 1994, a manager clearly out of his depth, unable to cope with the job, incapable of motivating a poor squad and everyone saying they won't go but very nearly doing it.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

No ones expecting well beat Chelski but if we lose to Brighton that has to surely be it. That will be 2 home losses against Burnley then Brighton, fellow relegation strugglers. I will be amazed if he isnt sacked after that. Its quite bizarre he hasn't already. Any other big club in Europe would. Were nearly halfway through the season averaging 1 point a match. 40 points is generally the safety target to avoid relegation and if we havnt got at least 20 points at the halfway mark of 19 matches then he simply has to go. The risk of relegation keeping him on with clear relegation form is just too great a risk.

The Club MUST make an evidence based and risk averse decision on this. As he has no management experience he must be judged on his results this season. All the evidence is saying this manager will get us relegated and the risk of this actually happening is getting scarily very real. Actually if Artapas had any love for the Club he would resign very soon to avoid the risk of being the only manager to ever get Arsenal relegated. He would never live down that notoriety. How could he ever live with himself. At the best, if after 19 matches we are less than 20 points he must be sacked or fall on his own sword if he has any love for the Club or those above him do.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Pochettino favourite for PSG job, Tuchel got his p45 this morning

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:03 pm
Pochettino favourite for PSG job, Tuchel got his p45 this morning
Fuck me, just as I hoped the end might be in sight for Arteta, this lightweight, underachieving cock becomes available. Honestly, if we appoint that imposter that's me absolutely done with the fucking lot of it

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Telegraph claim #Arsenal's players are divided over whether Mesut Ozil should be recalled to their squad next month. The 32-year-old German's exile from the team is understood to be one of the major factors behind the divisions in Mikel Arteta's squad. https://t.co/6f4iI4Wkks

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:47 am
The Telegraph claim #Arsenal's players are divided over whether Mesut Ozil should be recalled to their squad next month. The 32-year-old German's exile from the team is understood to be one of the major factors behind the divisions in Mikel Arteta's squad. https://t.co/6f4iI4Wkks
That article looks like agent-speak to me. My thought is that it is born from The Gospel according to Kia and Ozils agent.

If I am Arteta or Edu, I get rid of Luiz and Ozil sharpish. Failing that, I buy out their contracts.

After watching yesterday, no one with a straight face could say that Ozil could (or would) do what Smith-Rowe was doing. Ozil suited the slow ponderous Wengerball, but not high-tempo pressing.

It's funny how players get better and better when they don't play. People forget how many times over the Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta era that he has stunk the place out.