Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

DB10GOONER

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 pm
:lol:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 pm
"I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I can see bright lights." Arteta via @Arsenal.

The Spanish Derick Acorah can now see bright lights. :roll:

Is he taking advice from the same bird as Hoddle? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Ray Parlour asked her for a short back and sides apparantly.

And never got another Ingurland call up from Hoddle The Hater of The Disabled. :censored:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:39 pm
StuartL wrote:
"I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I can see bright lights." Arteta via @Arsenal.

And never got another Ingurland call up from Hoddle The Hater of The Disabled. :censored:
Yeah hoddle believed that people were born disabled because of sins committed in a previous life.

Does that mean that in the next life, Oscar Pistorius will be born with just a head?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

See they (AFC) did a Q & A with Arteta, where "the Fans" could ask anything they liked, as you probably guessed (correctly) not ONE question called him on his obvious flaws and failings like:

Why the fuck did you re-sign that useless cun.t xhaka on a new deal AND for more money

or

Why do you persist in changing the line-up for every game you cun.t?

or

Why do you keep NOT playing Martinelli ? Who is one of the few players with any balls & spine and always gives 100% you cun.t?

All the questions (if you can call them that) were arse-licking simpering bollocks... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2Qjvc-Z_U

Don't blame me if you end up smashing your screen /. device...the smiling while he eats shyte twat still blathers on saying absolutely fuck all. :cussing:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Yeah hoddle believed that people were born disabled because of sins committed in a previous life.

Does that mean that in the next life, Oscar Pistorius will be born with just a head?
That's just his excuse for having associated himself with Spurs.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:39 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:

That's just his excuse for having associated himself with Spurs.
:barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Extended interview with Martinez-Lite on SlySports. Worryingly he comes across as very deluded. More than ever. He cannot see that he often picks the wrong starting eleven and often makes the wrong substitutions.

Also rolling out the excuses: covid, impatient fans, people not understanding "the process", issues around the club, things out of his control.... :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 am
Extended interview with Martinez-Lite on SlySports. Worryingly he comes across as very deluded. More than ever. He cannot see that he often picks the wrong starting eleven and often makes the wrong substitutions.

Also rolling out the excuses: covid, impatient fans, people not understanding "the process", issues around the club, things out of his control.... :roll:
To be fair - if they keep playing like they did today, not many will care :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

True. But they won't keep playing like that mate. :|

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
begeegs wrote:

With the clown in midfield - probably not, but for once, I will enjoy the win and hope that we can move forward with these sort of performances.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
begeegs wrote:

With the clown in midfield - probably not, but for once, I will enjoy the win and hope that we can move forward with these sort of performances.
:barscarf:

Me too.

:barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Brighton away will be a tougher challenge. Give Arteta credit, he got it right today.
Still no sure why Xhaka contributes apart from keeping our defence on their toes. Hopefully, this is the start of something and not the peak.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I must admit he has got the signings spot on this summer - Ramsdale, White and Tommy look great buys. If he sticks with that defence we won’t be conceding too many this season. Partey finally coming good, and Saka, Smith Rowe continue to progress.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

Arteta has got it spot on for our last few games.

There’s a lot to like about this young side. Reminiscent of the early George teams.

Very promising. Well done Mikel hope there’s more to come.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

His reactions to the goals show that he cares , hopefully he is learning and picking up on the comments from the people that are supporting him whilst staying objective.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Lets be honest - the only team we've beaten that we might not necessarily expect to beat was the vermin scum on Sunday......and with their dismal record at our gaff (2 wins in 29 games) even that's a questionable notion. West Brom's reserves, Norwich, Burnley and AFC Wimbledon - hardly a list to set the pulse racing and in the case of Norwich and Burnley highly unconvincing wins

Lets not carried away. If the manager is going to win more of us over, he needs to prove a number of things. Firstly for me is that he's man enough to knock a few experienced ones on the head consistently - that means Leno and Xhaka not returning if the likes of Ramsdale and Sambi are playing well. Secondly he needs to keep a settled back line, and without European football if that means no opportunities for Cedric, Chambers, Holding etc then so be it. He needs to consistently get us scoring from open play. When we were 3-0 up at the weekend the commentators mentioned how Sperz had only scored 1 goal from open play......and I thought 'hold on a minute, so had we up until today!'

There's a long, long way to go to convince me. The first 45 minutes on Saturday were as good as anything we've produced under him, and we played "ok" in patches against Burnley and Norwich. When we're going on 10-15 game unbeaten runs, scoring goals and playing with a settled style and pattern I will start to believe........there's a good way to go yet!

Credit for the new signings though - if we're honest we were quick to condemn the likes of Ramsdale and Tomiyasu but so far they haven't put a foot wrong