Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Why is this no-mark manager being cult-like status? We're such a peculiar club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:28 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm
DB stop grooming the posters, you're only nice about people posting links when you want some 'special time'.

Nice go see Arteta publicly throw players under the bus at his press conference, yes you muppet you're right many players have massively underperformed this season but you are the one who kept picking them you arse. Honestly this guy has no hope or understanding of how to man manage. Publicly airing your dirty laundry is something Mourinho does, if he was losing the dressing room before he will have lost it completely now :banghead:

The man is a complete *word censored* and has no introspective qualities whatsoever to understand he is as responsible as his players :cussing:
“DB10Groomer” :gayflag:
I am fully engorged. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I could not help but notice the cùnt O'Leary being mentioned in that article. Fuck no. Hand oversight to the idiot that almost singlehandedly put Leeds into administration? :roll:

Never mind his delirious, insulting, classless and ungracious celebrations in front of the travelling Gooners as he handed to the title to manure the fucking ungrateful cùnt. :censored:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm
DB stop grooming the posters, you're only nice about people posting links when you want some 'special time'.

Nice go see Arteta publicly throw players under the bus at his press conference, yes you muppet you're right many players have massively underperformed this season but you are the one who kept picking them you arse. Honestly this guy has no hope or understanding of how to man manage. Publicly airing your dirty laundry is something Mourinho does, if he was losing the dressing room before he will have lost it completely now :banghead:

The man is a complete *word censored* and has no introspective qualities whatsoever to understand he is as responsible as his players :cussing:
:shock: :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:31 pm
I could not help but notice the cùnt O'Leary being mentioned in that article. Fuck no. Hand oversight to the idiot that almost singlehandedly put Leeds into administration? :roll:

Never mind his delirious, insulting, classless and ungracious celebrations in front of the travelling Gooners as he handed to the title to manure the fucking ungrateful cùnt. :censored:
To be fair it was Risdale that sent them into administration, shocking management.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

To be fair it was Risdale that sent them into administration, shocking management.
True, but O'Leary played his part with shocking mismanagement. Also, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, O'Leary is a cast iron cùnt. 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 am
gooner265 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

True, but O'Leary played his part with shocking mismanagement. Also, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, O'Leary is a cast iron cùnt. 8)
Much as I can't stand those thickie Brummie "'ave yow won the European Cup" arses, it did amuse me when they brought that banner to the game when O'Dreary was their manager "We're not fickle, we just don't like you"

Couldn't have put it better myself. Not many clubs would slaughter their record appearance holder but almost the minute he left us he became a massive c.unt !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 am
gooner265 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Much as I can't stand those thickie Brummie "'ave yow won the European Cup" arses, it did amuse me when they brought that banner to the game when O'Dreary was their manager "We're not fickle, we just don't like you"

Couldn't have put it better myself. Not many clubs would slaughter their record appearance holder but almost the minute he left us he became a massive c.unt !

He was a cunnt when he played for us, it's just that he "played for us" so all his Cuntyness was put aside...

He just became even more of a CUNNT when he left (if that's possible)...some people are Born CUNNTS and Die CUNTTS..O'Leary is one of them.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I was lucky enough to meet him and was a lovely guy , sorry I can't slaughter a club legend who was a great player.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

O'Leary comes off as an attention seeker. Quite happy to snap at Arsenal when it suits him but is equally happy being wheeled out at events, and the odd "all-star" game.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:18 am
I was lucky enough to meet him and was a lovely guy , sorry I can't slaughter a club legend who was a great player.
Agreed. Not sure why so much hate for him, stayed during 1980s when he could easily have left like Stapleton & Brady. Accept the issue with him managing Leeds, but overall he was a great player and a pretty nice person.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:25 pm
O'Leary comes off as an attention seeker. Quite happy to snap at Arsenal when it suits him but is equally happy being wheeled out at events, and the odd "all-star" game.
Sorry this is absolute bollocks. I couldn't give a flying fuck what said after he became a manager.

I will never forget that he stayed with the club after Brady and Stapleton jumped ship and we slumped into mediocrity during the best years of his career.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I can't think of anything more boring than another season of this c.unt WITHOUT European football. Its been dull as fuck even with it, but at least Thursday nights gave some sort of relief from the endless humdrum shite of the league

I know there's the odd loon who still believes we can claim 7th but it ain't gonna happen. West Ham are now the likeliest team and they've got West Brom and Southampton left, whilst Everton have got Sheffield United tonight, plus those spineless wankers Wolves, and Man City's academy team before their CL final.

Its all done and dusted and this shameful c.unt will still be allowed to do it all over again next season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm
Sorry this is absolute bollocks. I couldn't give a flying fuck what said after he became a manager.

I will never forget that he stayed with the club after Brady and Stapleton jumped ship and we slumped into mediocrity during the best years of his career.
Whilst I'm very happy for you, I'll never forget the ungrateful cùnt running up the pitch at Leeds celebrating hysterically after all but handing the title to manure at our expense in 99. It was the classless act of a self centred attention whore.

If you read some of the autobiographies of ex-Oirish players O'Leary was intensely disliked by many of his team mates. Cascarino in particular was scathing of him as a person.

He is hated by most Leeds fans for cashing in and writing his tell all book "Leeds United on Trial" when the club were getting dragged through the press. Another classless act.

As for staying at Arsenal? His family were settled and happy in London. I doubt it was a big sacrifice for him.

I've never understood this fixation with having to like Arsenal players just because they play for Arsenal. We've had a few proper cùnts represent us! :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Whilst I'm very happy for you, I'll never forget the ungrateful cùnt running up the pitch at Leeds celebrating hysterically after all but handing the title to manure at our expense in 99. It was the classless act of a self centred attention whore.

If you read some of the autobiographies of ex-Oirish players O'Leary was intensely disliked by many of his team mates. Cascarino in particular was scathing of him as a person.

He is hated by most Leeds fans for cashing in and writing his tell all book "Leeds United on Trial" when the club were getting dragged through the press. Another classless act.

As for staying at Arsenal? His family were settled and happy in London. I doubt it was a big sacrifice for him.

I've never understood this fixation with having to like Arsenal players just because they play for Arsenal. We've had a few proper cùnts represent us! :lol:
Adebayor....what a piece of shit he was.....