Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

g88ner

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by g88ner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 am
Scum have sacked Mourinho. They don't fuck about with projects!
Well they’ve not won the league in 60 years so perhaps they should fuck about with projects! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:44 am
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 am
Scum have sacked Mourinho. They don't fuck about with projects!
Well they’ve not won the league in 60 years so perhaps they should fuck about with projects! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

FUCKK OFF ARTETA YOU UTTER TOSSER.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The Kroenkes will throw Arteta under the bus in the summer. Just watch. It is the only way to win the fans back. Arteta will carry the can for 2020/21. A new manager with a new start and a new promise to clear out the dead wood and to improve the style of play. The new manager will be an experienced old head. My guess is Rafa Benitez when it should be someone like Conte.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:57 pm
The Kroenkes will throw Arteta under the bus in the summer. Just watch. It is the only way to win the fans back. Arteta will carry the can for 2020/21. A new manager with a new start and a new promise to clear out the dead wood and to improve the style of play. The new manager will be an experienced old head. My guess is Rafa Benitez when it should be someone like Bielsa.
Which fans? The ones who haven't been allowed in a stadium for over a year??

This bloke has a worse record than the last one - ask yourself why he's here now?

He stays, we go down, then he goes

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
The Kroenkes will throw Arteta under the bus in the summer. Just watch. It is the only way to win the fans back. Arteta will carry the can for 2020/21. A new manager with a new start and a new promise to clear out the dead wood and to improve the style of play. The new manager will be an experienced old head. My guess is Rafa Benitez when it should be someone like Bielsa.

This bloke has a worse record than the last one - ask yourself why he's here now?

No ESL, No Europe. He goes. Financially we are bust. Have you seen the losses year on year? They are only going to get worse. KSE will have him out as soon as we are knocked out of the Europa League. He is toast.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:24 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

No ESL, No Europe. He goes. Financially we are bust. Have you seen the losses year on year? They are only going to get worse. KSE will have him out as soon as we are knocked out of the Europa League. He is toast.
The Europa League is a loss making competition until the SF stage. The losses were when we tumbled out the CL and every top team has lost money during COVID

This *word censored* is safe as the wig wearing wanker won't pay what it takes to fire his sorry ass

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

It’s seems supporters are turning, on social media.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 am

The type of supporters that are only "turning" now, are the same supporters that will back him again when we beat villareal :roll: :evil:

How does it take a 9th home defeat in a season to get gobshites like this to turn ? Mid table mediocrity not enough to make them lose faith ?? :shock:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:58 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 am

The type of supporters that are only "turning" now, are the same supporters that will back him again when we beat villareal :roll: :evil:

How does it take a 9th home defeat in a season to get gobshites like this to turn ? Mid table mediocrity not enough to make them lose faith ?? :shock:
To be honest, I asked the same question, last night, on an “Arsenal fans” WhatsApp group I’m in and I’m still waiting for an answer.

0 points out 6 vs Villa
0 points out of 6 vs Wolves
0 points out of 6 vs Everton
1 points out of 6 vs Burnley

Failure to score in EIGHT home games, out of 17 SO FAR. THIRTEEN league defeats SO FAR.

Wolves beat us at home for the first time in something like 41 years. Burnley beat us at home for the first time since 46 years. Everton beat us at home for the first time in 25 years.

Every game has been shambolic. Arteta keeps telling us that things are “unacceptable” but never changes them. His tactics are all over the shop. His substitutions are pulled out of a hate, and almost never benefit the game.

I can’t understand just how this is, at all, acceptable to fans. I know we have fallen, but to such an extent we just accept this shit? This is horrible.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

When he put on Willian last night that was probably the tipping point for me into the Arteta out camp.
I won’t be fully Arteta out whilst we remain in the Europa though.
I’m quite happy to back team and manager whilst winning that is a possibility - if/when we get knocked out that is a different matter.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:19 pm
When he put on Willian last night that was probably the tipping point for me into the Arteta out camp.
I’m quite happy to back team and manager whilst winning that is a possibility - if/when we get knocked out that is a different matter.
I'm fairly sure that's the only thing still keeping him in the job Rob.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
I've never understood this viewpoint Rob. I want to win the EL but I also want Martinez-Lite gone ASAP. The two are not mutually exclusive.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
I've never understood this viewpoint Rob. I want to win the EL but I also want Martinez-Lite gone ASAP. The two are not mutually exclusive.
But they are "mutually exclusive"
If we win Elge, you are calling for a successful manager to be sacked!
You can't have your cake and eat it DB!
It's one or the other!
Losing to the pathetic wretch that is Unai Emery, could prove a mantle that Arteta can't shake off!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
But they are "mutually exclusive"
If we win Elge, you are calling for a successful manager to be sacked!
You can't have your cake and eat it DB!
It's one or the other!
Losing to the pathetic wretch that is Unai Emery, could prove a mantle that Arteta can't shake off!
No they are not mutually exclusive. I want Arteta gone. In the meantime I want Arsenal to win trophies. I don't care who wins those trophies for us. If Arteta gets his shit together and starts winning major trophies (very unlikely) then I'd have no problem with him staying. Equally I've no problem with him being sacked and a caretaker managing us for the final - if we get that far.

I'm not so wrapped up in my Internet persona that I want the man to fail just to prove me right on a forum ffs. The most important thing is winning trophies.