Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

DB10GOONER

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:04 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:25 pm
O'Leary comes off as an attention seeker. Quite happy to snap at Arsenal when it suits him but is equally happy being wheeled out at events, and the odd "all-star" game.
Sorry this is absolute bollocks. I couldn't give a flying fuck what said after he became a manager.

I will never forget that he stayed with the club after Brady and Stapleton jumped ship and we slumped into mediocrity during the best years of his career.
Whilst I'm very happy for you, I'll never forget the ungrateful cùnt running up the pitch at Leeds celebrating hysterically after all but handing the title to manure at our expense in 99. It was the classless act of a self centred attention whore.

If you read some of the autobiographies of ex-Oirish players O'Leary was intensely disliked by many of his team mates. Cascarino in particular was scathing of him as a person.

He is hated by most Leeds fans for cashing in and writing his tell all book "Leeds United on Trial" when the club were getting dragged through the press. Another classless act.

As for staying at Arsenal? His family were settled and happy in London. I doubt it was a big sacrifice for him.

I've never understood this fixation with having to like Arsenal players just because they play for Arsenal. We've had a few proper cùnts represent us! :lol:
Adebayor....what a piece of shit he was.....
Yep, he was a complete thundercunt. :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

86 games in charge. 86 games to settle upon a pattern of play, to develop a centre half partnership, to understand who are our best holding midfielders, how to accomodate one of Europe's most prolific goalscorers.......

Just can't face another season of this c.unt. Only hope I had for next season was sharing the bubble bath in Andorra with Rodders and now I've been denied that simple pleasure

Can we at least have the fucking decency to invite Olympiacos to the Emirates Cup

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
If you read some of the autobiographies of ex-Oirish players O'Leary was intensely disliked by many of his team mates. Cascarino in particular was scathing of him as a person.
Cascarino wasn’t Irish. Didn’t even have an Irish granny. He was teddy sheringham’s mate, named his son after him, so I wouldn’t take anything he said or wrote seriously.
Last edited by arrgee on Sun May 23, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

FAILURE...

Arsenal scored just 24 league goals at home this season, the lowest amount they have managed in Premier League history & the fewest in any season since 1973/74

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm
FAILURE...

Arsenal scored just 24 league goals at home this season, the lowest amount they have managed in Premier League history & the fewest in any season since 1973/74
When I consider that includes George's robot midfield of 1995, its a staggering statistic. Then again having practically fallen asleep watching every league game with few exceptions, I can't be surprised !

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

TBF lads almost every team has had a bad home record this season.

Suggests that fans and atmosphere do make some difference?
Last edited by Clummo99 on Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Failure!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

arrgee wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Cascarino wasn’t Irish. Didn’t even have an Irish granny. He was teddy sheringham’s mate, named his son after him, so I wouldn’t take anything he said or wrote seriously.
I highly doubt he named his son *word censored*

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta is football's version of a Company Man - ie: The kind of employee who would grass his mates/fellow workers up to the boss on something if he thought he could get ahead or up the greasy pole of promotion.

Not Good Enough
Not Trusted
Not Wanted.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Doesn't make an ounce of difference that Cascarino bullshitted his way onto that Oirish team, or who his mate was, O'Leary demonstrated his cuntiness on numerous occasions. The only person Cascarino cunted in his book was O'Leary. The fucking melt even tried to provoke a fight with Pires. :roll:

You should watch that Leeds game. His fucking carry on at the final whistle was a disgrace. :censored:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:06 pm
arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
From Wikipedia...

... [his] book also candidly refers to his shame over his infidelities and of leaving his wife, Sarah and two sons, Michael and Teddy (who was named after Cascarino's former Millwall teammate Teddy Sheringham)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:56 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
From Wikipedia...

... [his] book also candidly refers to his shame over his infidelities and of leaving his wife, Sarah and two sons, Michael and Teddy (who was named after Cascarino's former Millwall teammate Teddy Sheringham)
:lol:

Whoooossshhhh! :D :wink:

He meant he doubted Cascarino called his son "cùnt". :wink:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 am
arrgee wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
From Wikipedia...

*word censored* could be anything. Even Teddy. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 am
arrgee wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
arrgee wrote:

From Wikipedia...

*word censored* could be anything. Even Teddy. :D
:lol: :lol:

It probably should be! :lol: :wink: