Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

BobbyPires7

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:18 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:06 pm
66/1 with skybet to win the league next season, worth an ew bet :lol:
What are the odds to get relegated? :barscarf:

66/1 as well :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Anyone got the odds on something unfortunate happening to a certain individual at a certain football club :rubchin:

wibble

Post by wibble »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:13 pm
Anyone got the odds on something unfortunate happening to a certain individual at a certain football club :rubchin:
666/1

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sadly - Truly SADLY. It makes me wonder how many of us will be giving a toss by the end of next season, because as each of the last 4 seasons have passed; with the exception of the 3 FA Cup wins in 4 years - My passion and interest in how we do or are - has been gradually fading.. I just don't know anymore - There is nothing I recognise as actually being Arsenal FC. you know THE Arsenal.

We are a ghost or pale imitation of what I remember, the Team I supported for more than 40 years, even including some of the the lean years in the 60's when regardless we were still THE Arsenal, now the cannon faces the wrong way. The "Spirit" of the club is almost non-existent in in the so-called modern business like climate.

And you know we are in BIG Trouble when the Majority of past legends/players are openly criticising Everything about the owners of the club, the manager and the players; even those who don't usually put their head above the parapet because they still want to appear & seen as still supporting the club.

The "Process' hasn't worked, it will NOT work because we have a Manager who is not experienced enough, wise enough, nor clever & clinically professional enough in how he conducts himself, how he manages the players and how he interacts with the fans.

We all want to and wish we could be "Positive" but I just don't see Anything improving to the point where we are Once more THE Arsenal.

WRONG Owners
WRONG Manager
WRONG Scouting / Recruitment Staff Team
WRONG Agents/Transfer People
WRONG Squad (10 years ago some of the current players wouldn't even get through the turnstiles never mind get on the pitch) :twisted:

WRONG EVERYTHING. :cry:

It breaks yer fuckinn' Heart.

augie

Post by augie »

As I said to a scum supporting buddy of mine yesterday, it isnt that we are declining year after year (which we are), it's that there is no change of manager who has overseen the worst AFC season in decades - it's this acceptance of failure that sends a big warning flare to potential signings, who will see a club not committed to winning, and a manager incapable of winning

augie

Post by augie »

In theory the doors are opening for us

zidane leaves real madrid
madrid go after and get ancelotti
pep's cone boy fcuks off to everton :barscarf: :barscarf:

Of course in reality, we offer pep's cone boy a new 20 year deal, whilst the scum appoint conte :cry: :cry: :cry:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think you all underestimate Capt Black, we are a shoe in for 7th next season :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:10 pm
I think you all underestimate Capt Black, we are a shoe in for 7th next season :barscarf:
Rosetinter! :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Carlo Ancelotti from Everton to Real Madrid is almost a done deal @TheAthleticUK #EFC #RMFC https://t.co/6NuIMggzf7

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:56 pm
🚨 Carlo Ancelotti from Everton to Real Madrid is almost a done deal @TheAthleticUK #EFC #RMFC https://t.co/6NuIMggzf7

I will bet my bollox that an ambitious club like everton are, wont come looking for pep's cone boy if they need a new manager :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:44 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:56 pm

I will bet my bollox that an ambitious club like everton are, wont come looking for pep's cone boy if they need a new manager :roll:
Certainly now that is available after he rejected Madrid :shock: :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Tierney on Arteta:

“I listen to everything the manager tells me, word for word. I love working with him, he’s helped me massively.

If you can see the differences in my game in the last 18 months, it’s because of Mikel & what his coaching staff have been telling me to do” #afc https://t.co/dVGo9NEkcx

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:37 pm
Tierney on Arteta:

“I listen to everything the manager tells me, word for word. I love working with him, he’s helped me massively.

If you can see the differences in my game in the last 18 months, it’s because of Mikel & what his coaching staff have been telling me to do” #afc https://t.co/dVGo9NEkcx
I never put too much stock in these kind of statements. I mean what is he going to say? "Jesus man, that Arteta is fucking shithouse." :lol: :wink:

I put it down to one of two things: the usual "of course the manager is great, I wanna keep my place in the team ffs" statement, or maybe, just maybe, Martinez-Lite is training Tierney well. Maybe individually many of the players feel he has improved them in some way. :shock:

The problem is that is what a coach does.

A manager has to be able to get all those individual players to work effectively together as a team and that is something that is beyond Martinez-Lite at present.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 am
gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:37 pm
Tierney on Arteta:

I never put too much stock in these kind of statements. I mean what is he going to say? "Jesus man, that Arteta is fucking shithouse." :lol: :wink:

I put it down to one of two things: the usual "of course the manager is great, I wanna keep my place in the team ffs" statement, or maybe, just maybe, Martinez-Lite is training Tierney well. Maybe individually many of the players feel he has improved them in some way. :shock:

The problem is that is what a coach does.

A manager has to be able to get all those individual players to work effectively together as a team and that is something that is beyond Martinez-Lite at present.
^^ This

Its like when they ask a failing manager about the atmosphere in the dressing room. Even if the team have been relegated with eight games to spare you'll hear about what a "great bunch of lads" they are with a "great attitude in training every day". When's the last time you heard the manager say "actually they are a bunch of flaky overpaid c.unts and as soon as the window opens I'll be punting half of them out the door"

Tierney won't realise if a better manager than Arteta could make him an even better player until he experiences it

augie

Post by augie »

According to ssn the scum are in talks with conte :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: