Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

Natural Born Gooner

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:12 pm
Conte 3-1 to join Spurs

Lets stick with the novice though

Shades of Wenger again- Pep and Kopp pass us by, stick with Wenger

Conte leaving Inter, let's stick with Pep's cone boy

History repeating itself

Cant believe this c.unt has survived this season
Zidanes leaving Real Madrid, so I can't see Conte going anywhere but there now!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:12 pm
Conte 3-1 to join Spurs

Lets stick with the novice though

Shades of Wenger again- Pep and Kopp pass us by, stick with Wenger

Conte leaving Inter, let's stick with Pep's cone boy

History repeating itself

Cant believe this c.unt has survived this season
Zidanes leaving Real Madrid, so I can't see Conte going anywhere but there now!
I hope you're right mate because he's a serious manager who would sort that sack of shit out

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Allegri is favourite for Madrid apparently

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Domestic treble next season, you heard it here first :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nurse........ :banghead:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Talksport saying spurs after Poch :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 am
Talksport saying spurs after Poch :lol:
Couldn't even win a one team league, bring him home :barscarf:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

What a gutless club Arsenal are, :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rival clubs are yet again chasing the big name managerial candidates whilst we are STILL pissing about with Captain Black! :censored: :cussing: :blah:

So much for the stories about Arteta had to qualify for Europe or be out the door with Edu under also pressure. :banghead: :banghead:

Meanwhile the mong element of our supporters are still making excuses, trust the process LOL! Féck off! :cussing: :box:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

He hasn't delivered any of the expectations set out at the beginning of the season, no domestic challenge in the league or cups, no trophy, no CL football. We are not Spurs, we are The Arsenal and the expectations are greater.
I can deal with a season away from European competition, as long as the club use it to re-establish a domestic competitive team. We can't be challenging in Europe if we're not challenging in the league.
Unfortunately for Arteta, I think the board need to move now for a top, top manager, to take a major step forward in the "process".
If he stays, I hope he can prove me wrong.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

There is more chance of treading in rocking horse shit whilst plaiting fog, than there is of this helmet turning us into a competitive team in the league

Even if by some miracle Wiggy and Son give him 100m to blow, he's already proved he puts together completely unbalanced squads

At the start of the season we had 9 centre halves and no natural number 10 that he was prepared to play (Ozil on the way out, ESR someone he didn't consider until injuries forced his hand). We had 1 keeper and a fucking buffoon we signed from the depths of Ligue 1 as a supposed deputy, allowing Butter Wrists to become a complacent, arrogant cock. We have one left footed left back. We had 3 of the least creative midfielders known to man so he spent 45m on Partey???!!!!

Honestly, the man is completely clueless. By all means dream that a year out of Europe will make a difference - but it won't. In fact I think it will be even worse because two games per week forced his hand to play younger players to rotate the squad where as this season all the has been and never will be c.unts will play every week, with the decent lads sold or loaned out

If he stays Martinelli, Balogun, Azeez and Saliba are dead

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Top managers in Europe on the move, so plenty of candidates to choose from, meanwhile we are stuck with Captain Black unless the fans return in full numbers to force him out! :barscarf:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57276759

You would have thought that Wiggy & Son would sack Arteta to relieve the pressure on themselves, the longer they leave this inevitable decision the worse it's 'gonna get on & off the field. :box:

Why are they even debating the decision, are they going to waste more time & money on this twat & write off another season? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:33 am
Top managers in Europe on the move, so plenty of candidates to choose from, meanwhile we are stuck with Captain Black unless the fans return in full numbers to force him out! :barscarf:

You would have thought that Wiggy & Son would sack Arteta to relieve the pressure on themselves, the longer they leave this inevitable decision the worse it's 'gonna get on & off the field. :box:

Why are they even debating the decision, are they going to waste more time & money on this twat & write off another season? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just like 2015/16 all over again - why take Guardiola or Klopp when you can stick with Wenger for another couple of years despite it being painfully obvious to everyone he'd reached his sell by date ages before.

Who would want Allegri or Conte when you've got the 38 year old novice who led you to two successive 8th placed finishes and your first season without European football for 26 years. In Wenger's defence in his early years it was bloody hard to get into Europe - you know when the CL was for 1st (or 1st and 2nd). This clown even had a third tier competition invented for the shite of Europe and we couldn't even make that!

augie

Post by augie »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:33 am

This was the one tiny ray of hope I was clinging to - I suppose if there were fans in the stadium for the past couple of months they might have bowed to pressure by now and got rid of him to deflect pressure from themselves, but both of them have had an easy time cos of the lockdown.
I know getting rid of pep's cone boy alone wont sort our problems cos we will still need a proper manager in there to replace him - however even though I dont think that we would get a conte, I also dont think it would be hard to get an upgrade on this fool so a change of manager is almost certain to be some sort of positive

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

66/1 with skybet to win the league next season, worth an ew bet :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:06 pm
What are the odds to get relegated? :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:06 pm
What are the odds to get relegated? :barscarf:

66/1 as well :lol: