Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

DB10GOONER

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:40 am
Just seen the interview Sky did with Edu, he was talking the sort of bollocks spin that Wenger would be proud of but the most worrying part was when he refused to answer what success means this season. If there is no even bare minimum that the club are judging Arteta by then he must be under zero pressure.
Fuck yeah my first thought too! :x

It was full of Wengerisms. :roll:

Did you hear the utter gash he said along the lines of "I don't think numbers, 6th, 4th, 5th, but I think of the players together, the group as one, the blah blah blah I'm a conman, blah blah..."

This bent thieving cùnt has to go. :censored:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BFG4 wrote:
Just seen the interview Sky did with Edu, he was talking the sort of bollocks spin that Wenger would be proud of but the most worrying part was when he refused to answer what success means this season. If there is no even bare minimum that the club are judging Arteta by then he must be under zero pressure.
Edutard doesn’t have a fucking clue. Clear as day from that interview. He basically said they rate the first 11. That includes Xhaka, Partey, Leno, Auba and Laca. All we have to do now is build up the squad players in case they get injured. Wrong mate. Our first 11 is fucking light years off where it needs to be. :banghead:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Edu talked about 5 leaders in the tea/squad if this is what him and Arteta believes they are away with the fairies.

Leno lightweight in the air out of contract 2022, who's bothered if we keep him or not, he doesn't want to be here anyway?
Xhaka should of been sold years ago, lets his supporters, teamates and club down time and again really adds nothing on the pitch goals, leadership let alone good performances the contract extension really was beyond a joke.
Partey been injured I still have hopes for him if he can stay fit he may lead by example performance wise, no idea if any leadership skills.
Lacazette another out of contract 2022 he is gone in the summer the young players seem to like him not a top striker a 12-15 goal a season man decent player in his time with us but doesn't seem that driven at all playing under Arteta. I'm pretty sure he will be very honest after he leaves about the state of the club.
Aubameyang lead by example when scoring goals which he has done all career, prolifically. Illness hasn't helped new contract big money then shoved out left with no service. Your manager thinks a world class forward which he was until 12 months ago would be better suited out left and you want to play as a striker to lead the attack and team? How would you feel not a leader for me.

Tierney the only one with a bit about him verbally with teamates and by performance on the pitch guess that's not the profile of leader we want. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For anyone interested to hearing the useless cun.t lie his way through the interview here's part of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frZ-Z9JVOcI

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:06 am
BFG4 wrote:
Edutard doesn’t have a fucking clue. Clear as day from that interview. He basically said they rate the first 11. That includes Xhaka, Partey, Leno, Auba and Laca. All we have to do now is build up the squad players in case they get injured. Wrong mate. Our first 11 is fucking light years off where it needs to be. :banghead:
That bit was just bizarre. Our first 11 overall is weak. A blind man could see that. 👨‍🦯

It's a first 11 that could get you anywhere from 8th to 12th and get knocked out of the cups early on.

And this fucking gimp Edutard thinks all we need is to add some cover to that? This fucking spanner is deffo robbing the club or he's a fucking coke addict. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:33 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
That bit was just bizarre. Our first 11 overall is weak. A blind man could see that. 👨‍🦯

It's a first 11 that could get you anywhere from 8th to 12th and get knocked out of the cups early on.

And this fucking gimp Edutard thinks all we need is to add some cover to that? This fucking spanner is deffo robbing the club AND he's a fucking coke addict. :roll:

For sure he looks like one to me....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've always felt Edu is as big a liability as Arteta and that interview only confirms my feelings. The two of them are utterly tied to each other and have no choice but to back each others plays.

The only way change will come is from the top and that is incredibly unlikely so strap in for a good part of the season under these two idiots in a downward spiral of mismanagement to rival Gazidis and Wenger at their worst :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

When you can’t work out where we are as a club at this current point in time, then you have absolutely zero chance of taking us where we need to get to.

To have watched that first eleven over the last 24 months and concluded that it has what it takes to do anything in this league then you have a serious problem.

Let’s get things right too. Edu was a decent squad player and nothing more than that. He has clearly seen the Kroenke’s coming and talked his way into the current DOF role. He is badged as an “Invincible” but so was Pascal Cygan…This is the problem at the Club. When the owners don’t have a scooby, they appoint people to run the club who tend to be good talkers but nothing in the way of talent for the job. I present to you Edu, Vinai, Arteta and Tim Lewis. It is the blind leading the blind. Nothing will change with that lot in charge.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

And this fucking gimp Edutard thinks all we need is to add some cover to that? This fucking spanner is deffo robbing the club or he's a fucking coke addict. :roll:
:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gab Marcotti has just confirmed on ESPN that intermediaries of Antonio Conte have spoken to Arsenal and that he would take the job under the right conditions.

Here is the link to the interview: https://t.co/p1yidKdclj

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:02 pm
Gab Marcotti has just confirmed on ESPN that intermediaries of Antonio Conte have spoken to Arsenal and that he would take the job under the right conditions.

Don't fucking tease me McD...... :x

:wink:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

I was telling my youngest lad about this tonight on the way down from his training, and I made him a promise that I would buy and wear the new home jersey with conte on it if he became our manager 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

I was telling my youngest lad about this tonight on the way down from his training, and I made him a promise that I would buy and wear the new home jersey with conte on it if he became our manager 8)
:lol: :barscarf:

I'm just going to have a nice quiet wànk whilst sipping a glass of wine and surrounded by candles. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

Well I never knew that!!! That Edu is a Scouser. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:13 am
augie wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol: :barscarf:

I'm just going to have a nice quiet wànk whilst sipping a glass of wine and surrounded by candles. 8)
I think Rodders beat you to it! :D :?