Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

Bob Bayliss

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The fact that we (predictably) "flat-track bullied" a few wins at the end of the season - along with one against a Chelsea team who were distracted by the FA Cup and Champions' League - does not alter the fact that we are a team in relentless decline under Arteta. If we had either qualified for the Europa Final or finished above Tottenham it would no doubt have satisfied some on here, but as it is our shortcomings are laid bare for all to see.

We will struggle to attract the calibre of signings we desperately need with no european football next season. We would also struggle to attract a manager of sufficient calibre either. The best we can do is to head-hunt someone behind the scenes in the way Dein did with Wenger, leaving El Beige in the Brucie Rioch for one more season in the hope that he can somehow get this lot into the top 6 before he buggers off and hands over to a grown-up.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:41 am

We will struggle to attract the calibre of signings we desperately need with no european football next season. We would also struggle to attract a manager of sufficient calibre either. The best we can do is to head-hunt someone behind the scenes in the way Dein did with Wenger, leaving El Beige in the Brucie Rioch for one more season in the hope that he can somehow get this lot into the top 6 before he buggers off and hands over to a grown-up.
Captain Black is unlikely to survive to the end of the year. With fans back and no excuses of Europe, not being his team etc. , he needs to be a solid top 4 after a dozen or so games. They were 15th on Christmas Day with just 14 points from 14 games. Should have been sacked then and similar next season will see him get his P45. 47 points from subsequent 24 games is decent enough and is Champions League form, but as we all well know, Arsenal get results when there is no pressure. I think he should be sacked now and a new manager given the opportunity to bring in what is needed over the summer.

Man City were 8th on Christmas Day, with 23 from 13 games and did pretty well from that point onwards. Were 25 points clear of Arsenal in the end.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:41 am
The fact that we (predictably) "flat-track bullied" a few wins at the end of the season - along with one against a Chelsea team who were distracted by the FA Cup and Champions' League - does not alter the fact that we are a team in relentless decline under Arteta. If we had either qualified for the Europa Final or finished above Tottenham it would no doubt have satisfied some on here, but as it is our shortcomings are laid bare for all to see.

This assumes that there is a desire within the club to sign those top players and appoint that top manager.

I don't believe there is.

This owner is happy enough to plod on in the mid to upper mid table bracket with a novice manager that won't demand the spending outlay we need to make the team right. The PL is so poor quality now that we are safe in that mid upper mid table bracket.

Martinez-Lite is a perfect fit for Wiggy.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

C'mon you all know Arteta is going to be the new Wenger..... :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Conte's future at inter milan is to be resolved in the next 48 hours - conte is unhappy at being told that they need to sell players to bring in €70m and that the wage bill needs to be slashed by 15-20%

If he ends up going to the scum whilst we stick with el beige, I will be absolutely fcuking raging :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Conte's future at inter milan is to be resolved in the next 48 hours - conte is unhappy at being told that they need to sell players to bring in €70m and that the wage bill needs to be slashed by 15-20%

If he ends up going to the scum whilst we stick with el beige, I will be absolutely fcuking raging :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
FFS Augie give it a rest, he is going no where, you'll give yourself a hernia or a stroke at this rate. Accept our owners are shit eating wankers who have no clue how to run a football club, then watch each game as an individual event and life becomes much more zen. :wink:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Middlesex Toilet Lids won't be enticing Conte to the swamp, they didn't provide Mourinio with any transfer cash despite Levy's bullshite & Kane & Son are heading out the door soon. :D

Plus Middlesex are £1.7billion in debt according to recent stories! :barscarf:

https://www.football.london/tottenham-h ... t-19804839
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Wed May 26, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Conte has left, spurs don't want him apparently according to sky as he's too hard on players

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 pm
augie wrote:

FFS Augie give it a rest, he is going no where, you'll give yourself a hernia or a stroke at this rate. Accept our owners are shit eating wankers who have no clue how to run a football club, then watch each game as an individual event and life becomes much more zen. :wink:

I do that most days anyway - think I am getting better at it too :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Conte has left, spurs don't want him apparently according to sky as he's too hard on players
Just saw that. Shame our fuckwit owner isn't looking for a manager. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:35 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
augie wrote:

That's what happens when you 'hang out' with Rodders! :D

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:38 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Just saw that. Shame our fuckwit owner isn't looking for a manager. :roll:
Indeed , be perfect for our pussies

shu

Post by shu »

augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
augie wrote:

Apparently behind your shop counter I hear 😂

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
augie wrote:

Rodders have you hacked Augies account :shock: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Conte 3-1 to join Spurs

Lets stick with the novice though

Shades of Wenger again- Pep and Kopp pass us by, stick with Wenger

Conte leaving Inter, let's stick with Pep's cone boy

History repeating itself

Cant believe this c.unt has survived this season